Author Topic: chris Ryder is brainless  (Read 3436 times)

vcjt1961

• NW-1
chris Ryder is brainless
« on: December 10, 2023, 03:18:39 PM »
Chris Ryder has completely lost control of his racing stable. For instance He has a nice horse Stonebridge Reef who was racing competitively in winners over 20k  on Saturday nights at the Meadowlands, in 28 starts the horse has 6 wins 11 seconds and 4 thirds. the horse was pacing consistently in 150 every week with top drivers driving the horse gladly. All of a sudden he has a brain storm to let his son drive the horse for the last 6 weeks. In 6 weeks this kid has driven this horse terribly no wins and dropping like a rock in the condition ranks. When I watch this good horse being driven horribly week after week, his value drop week by week it makes me sick. Chris Ryder lets be honest, you only care about the young stake horses now, along with the money and the limelight. You forgot where you came from in this business, with race horses. Its a real shame but your son cant drive a nail and your letting family come before whats right, having the best driver available for your owners so you have the best chance to win. Your attitude has slowly digressed to the point you dont care about or discuss with your owners the plan with your non stake horses in the barn. You only care about your big owners the ones that only have big time stake horses. I know trainers that cant wait to buy the horses you dont want no more that are for sale, because they can improve on  those horses alot more because you are not doing what is necessary in the horses best interest either by care for the horse or putting a driver on the horse that is capable what a SHAME!

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
Re: chris Ryder is brainless
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 05:11:50 PM »
No different than most privately owned businesses. Blood is thicker than water whether it makes sense or not.

bello

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 05:20:48 PM »
It's actually a good thing for the bettor.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 07:02:45 PM »
That kid is a human anchor...but the owners always have a choice.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 11:06:30 PM »
All these "trainers" trying to teach there kids to drive at the big M is a joke.  TJ Miller, Pelling and Ryder.  Go to some B track and learn how to drive before you think you can come to the big leagues and just become the human road block.  Not one of them has any sense of speed or pace. 

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 11:48:30 PM »
You don't START out getting experience at the Meadowlands! Monticello would be a better spot but they think because their folks race there that they can skip the line and race here.

bello

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2023, 12:09:17 PM »
Been riding at Freehold and i believe occasionally at Rosecroft. Same rte Ahle takes. Ahle sucked and is now the best longshot play at the meadows and is one of the best at RCR and Freehold. In only one year.

Difference I see with Ryder though is his seat in the bike. Straight up like the old timers. For now, at least for me he is virtually an auto toss. Hope he improves and that is when I will jump on the bandwagon.

MCR

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 04:13:50 PM »
Probably trying to give his son a chance. Wether it makes sense to you, me or anyone else Chris is a very good horsemen and knows what he is doing

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 04:42:58 PM »
Doesn't work like it used too. I don't know many drivers who got their start at the Big M. You couldn't even Qualify without a P license, and a chat with the judges. They didn't hand out Trainer/Driver licenses, you earned them. Years ago you actually had to train a horse 3 trips, don't think most of the young Trainer/Drivers can read a watch. Just because they have a well know family name doesn't mean success.   

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 06:04:41 PM »
For all those who laughed when I said little Bart Dalious could out drive a lot of these "up and coming" drivers...did you see 2 wins and 1 2nd in 3 drives at the BigM?  Been learning the big track on weekends at Vernon, as young guys should do!   tmbz1

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 06:08:56 PM »
For all those who laughed when I said little Bart Dalious could out drive a lot of these "up and coming" drivers...did you see 2 wins and 1 2nd in 3 drives at the BigM?  Been learning the big track on weekends at Vernon, as young guys should do!   tmbz1

More difficult to drive cheap stock at Vernon compared to better stock at The Meadowlands!

bello

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2023, 07:56:57 PM »
Chris Ryder has completely lost control of his racing stable. For instance He has a nice horse Stonebridge Reef who was racing competitively in winners over 20k  on Saturday nights at the Meadowlands, in 28 starts the horse has 6 wins 11 seconds and 4 thirds. the horse was pacing consistently in 150 every week with top drivers driving the horse gladly. All of a sudden he has a brain storm to let his son drive the horse for the last 6 weeks. In 6 weeks this kid has driven this horse terribly no wins and dropping like a rock in the condition ranks. When I watch this good horse being driven horribly week after week, his value drop week by week it makes me sick. Chris Ryder lets be honest, you only care about the young stake horses now, along with the money and the limelight. You forgot where you came from in this business, with race horses. Its a real shame but your son cant drive a nail and your letting family come before whats right, having the best driver available for your owners so you have the best chance to win. Your attitude has slowly digressed to the point you dont care about or discuss with your owners the plan with your non stake horses in the barn. You only care about your big owners the ones that only have big time stake horses. I know trainers that cant wait to buy the horses you dont want no more that are for sale, because they can improve on  those horses alot more because you are not doing what is necessary in the horses best interest either by care for the horse or putting a driver on the horse that is capable what a SHAME!

Well he finally took Pat Ryder off and Stonebridge Reef jogged in race 4 at the big M at 1-2.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal