Author Topic: Jackson Raceway Finale  (Read 11976 times)

Pure Michigan

• Open / FFA
Re: Jackson Raceway Finale
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 07:12:13 AM »
https://jtv.tv/remembering-jackson-harness-raceway-photo-gallery/

BACK TO THE JACK, FOR ONE LAST CRACK

IT WAS DAYS LIKE THIS AT PLACES LIKE JACKSON THAT MADE EACH AND EVERYONE OF US FALL IN LOVE WITH HARNESS RACING.  
TELL ME YOU DONT SEE YOURSELF IN THOSES PICTURES AND REMEMBER THE WAY IT USED TO BE

:'( :'(
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:17:17 AM by Pure Michigan »

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 07:23:47 AM »
BACK TO THE JACK, FOR ONE LAST CRACK

IT WAS DAYS LIKE THIS AT PLACES LIKE JACKSON THAT MADE EACH AND EVERYONE OF US FALL IN LOVE WITH HARNESS RACING.  
TELL ME YOU DONT SEE YOURSELF IN THOSES PICTURES AND REMEMBER THE WAY IT USED TO BE

:'( :'(
Yes. All you need is to closed down ten years ago and eliminate all other racing in your state. Then, open for one day with no wagering. Brilliant marketing  strategy.

Alex

• Open / FFA
  • Hi, people call me Gary
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 07:52:32 AM »
The exhibition event comes 10 years after the raceway closed and just weeks ahead the track's scheduled demolition. Jackson Harness Raceway opened in 1948.

Co-organizer Mike Way expected 2,000 to 3,000 to attend the free farewell event. Instead, he estimates 6,000 to 7,000 showed up and came to life for the dozen two-lap races.

"The roar of that crowd is what I'm going to remember forever. That was so loud, I was taken aback," Way said. "That just reinforces the passion that's out there for harness racing."

A SHAME THAT SOME THINK THERE HAS TO BE BETTING TO ENJOY A DAY AT THE RACES.   MUST BE ONE OF THOSE LEAST COAST FOOLS WHO ARE TAKING TURNS AT RUINING RACING.   THIS WAS A GREAT MEMORIAL FOR A GREAT PLACE DONE THE RIGHT WAY.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 08:09:48 AM »
I am sure those 7,000 people at Jackson all had a great time and got to revisit a time when racing was a great experience. It is sad what has happened in Michigan. But, please don't look to the east when assessing blame. It was your own government that decided racing was not worth the effort in Michigan. Your own people destroyed what was once a viable lifestyle and profitable industry.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 08:13:12 AM »
I am sure those 7,000 people at Jackson all had a great time and got to revisit a time when racing was a great experience. It is sad what has happened in Michigan. But, please don't look to the east when assessing blame. It was your own government that decided racing was not worth the effort in Michigan. Your own people destroyed what was once a viable lifestyle and profitable industry.
slots ruined racing

oh canada

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2018, 08:21:49 AM »
Raced a few in the Coon at Croswell Michigan I was amazed at the size of the crowd and how enthusiastic they were .....very nice people that day who loved the horses and the sport only with no wagers.
Come with me to the "Darkside",its a matter of life or death!!

Atthetrack7

• Stakes Horse
  • saying the things DZ wishes he had the BALLS too
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2018, 08:26:04 AM »
slots ruined racing
  Blood Slots

Atthetrack7

• Stakes Horse
  • saying the things DZ wishes he had the BALLS too
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2018, 08:28:01 AM »
Raced a few in the Coon at Croswell Michigan I was amazed at the size of the crowd and how enthusiastic they were .....very nice people that day who loved the horses and the sport only with no wagers.

I bet they couldn't call them races COONS nowadays. Al Sharpin would throw a shit fit over Racism

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2018, 08:31:40 AM »
Sharpin  ngc3  O0

Alex

• Open / FFA
  • Hi, people call me Gary
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2018, 08:43:51 AM »

oh canada

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2018, 08:44:23 AM »
I bet they couldn't call them races COONS nowadays. Al Sharpin would throw a shit fit over Racism
Love when at the jug between races they were filming the 2 old black dudes raking the footsteps to and from the winners circle and Huston says those Coons did a wonderful job on this racetrack referring to the family who rebanked the turns.
Come with me to the "Darkside",its a matter of life or death!!

Pull the Pocket

• Open / FFA
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2018, 09:12:59 AM »
We all know it was New Jersey that started ruining racing by trying to steal it from the Midwest, by getting the government to give them purse money to race for ungodly sums, then Delaware with slots, then new York and Pennsylvania. Sure looks like the eat coast elites started this gimme game, and now the New Jersey track owner has his palm out looking to revive the handouts, good money after bad

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2018, 09:52:30 AM »
It is better to remain silent and let people think you are a dopey cocksucker than, open your mouth and remove all doubt.

TWOGOLDTEEFS

• Elite
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2018, 10:12:28 AM »
Nicest thing about the last  fling at J town was there were none of those East Coast Jews there to try and tell everyone how they are supposed to do it.

East coast jew has 36 horses to race he dont have time to attend the funeral.  tmbz1  73cv.2

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2018, 10:22:12 AM »
The exhibition event comes 10 years after the raceway closed and just weeks ahead the track's scheduled demolition. Jackson Harness Raceway opened in 1948.

Co-organizer Mike Way expected 2,000 to 3,000 to attend the free farewell event. Instead, he estimates 6,000 to 7,000 showed up and came to life for the dozen two-lap races.

"The roar of that crowd is what I'm going to remember forever. That was so loud, I was taken aback," Way said. "That just reinforces the passion that's out there for harness racing."

A SHAME THAT SOME THINK THERE HAS TO BE BETTING TO ENJOY A DAY AT THE RACES.   MUST BE ONE OF THOSE LEAST COAST FOOLS WHO ARE TAKING TURNS AT RUINING RACING.   THIS WAS A GREAT MEMORIAL FOR A GREAT PLACE DONE THE RIGHT WAY.

Good riddance to another harness dump. How much bet between those 6000-7000?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Aint that the truth
    May 21, 2024, 09:29:01 PM
  • The Thorn: Got to watch out for those strays. They want to move in and take you over
    May 21, 2024, 07:38:01 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: especially a stray cat
    May 21, 2024, 07:07:22 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Good Pu$$Y Cat is hard to forget.
    May 21, 2024, 05:27:22 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal