Author Topic: WHO IS THE SHARPEST? WHAT DOES AMERICAGREATAHGAIN BRING? AUCTION ENDS AT 11 TODA  (Read 3558 times)

Harness racer

• Elite
How much did Pelling and crew think they'd get for this guy.  Price seems reasonable to let go at this point.  Horse is fast with no heart...hard to put and accurate price point on that.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
WILL BE OVER $130,000 . WE KNOW AT LEAST 2 PEOPLE LIKE HIM
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 12:15:20 PM by Locked in with pace »

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
130,500.   Eric Prevost bought him.  Good luck getting it back.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
WHO IS HIS TRAINER UNLESS HE LEAVES HIM WITH PEILING

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
He uses a lot of them and most are suspect for juicing.

Harness racer

• Elite
WHO IS HIS TRAINER UNLESS HE LEAVES HIM WITH PEILING

Has given a bunch to Mike Hall lately.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
These fucks put more time on after each bid...so why have a timer if you can't snipe it?
Every online auction I have ever seen does the same thing. No different than a live auction gives the under bidder a chance to respond.

Harness racer

• Elite
Ebay does not do this!   tmbz1

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
130,500.   Eric Prevost bought him.  Good luck getting it back.

One of the 33 on the Meadowlands exclusion list...and he was on it for erythropoietin --- along with Dylan Davis, Nick Devita, Gareth Dowse, Jeff Gillis, Brian Malone, John Mungillo, Richard Silverman, Leroy Slabaugh, and...Howard Taylor.

According to this article:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/273107/meadowlands-to-exclude-investigate-33-horsemen

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
How much did Pelling and crew think they'd get for this guy.  Price seems reasonable to let go at this point.  Horse is fast with no heart...hard to put and accurate price point on that.

Someone asked Brett and he said both him and the partner were interested in buying him back, each at their own price. So, he wasn't tipping his hand. Why should he. I think Brett expected 80 to 100, was hoping for more, and wouldn't be surprised if it were more, and look.....he got it. 130 is a strong premium for this horse and what he's shown to date. He's got talent, and if he turns the corner, who knows, maybe that 130 looks like a bargain. That site is not anywhere near the " fair and efficient" marketplace some hope for and think. No different than any of the big name public auctions.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
On Red I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up over 200,000.  He' still intact and being a half brother to Call Me Queen Bee might have some interest from a backyard breeder.

200 or more is a very premium price for this horse. But, then again, he's worth what somebody is willing to pay, even if they do bid him up. 200 wouldn't shock me, but it's still a premium IMO. Nothing shocks me these days. Ludicrous can always take on a new meaning. Based upon some the numbers I see, I agree 200 to 225 wouldn't be a shocker.

The Unstable

• NW-1
He uses a lot of them and most are suspect for juicing.

Prevost will only use trainers that are dubious or suddenly hot, that is a pre requisite for him.   Has a 40 claiming trotter currently who has been in the last year from Dowse to Engblom to Drennan and now Alexander.  This one almost certainly goes to Engblom. One thing for sure is if he is selling, I am staying way clear. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 01:48:39 PM by The Unstable »

Ramnap

• NW-1
Come on you just bought one from pelling that kinda hung there a few starts.  pull blood and if the hematocrit is over 48 you just lost 130k. Which it will be or pelling wouldn't have even raced him.

bond

• Elite
One of the 33 on the Meadowlands exclusion list...and he was on it for erythropoietin --- along with Dylan Davis, Nick Devita, Gareth Dowse, Jeff Gillis, Brian Malone, John Mungillo, Richard Silverman, Leroy Slabaugh, and...Howard Taylor.

According to this article:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/273107/meadowlands-to-exclude-investigate-33-horsemen

For erythropoietin: Dylan Davis, Nick Devita, Gareth Dowse, Jeff Gillis, Brian Malone, John Mungillo, Eric Prevost, Richard Silverman, Leroy Slabaugh, and Howard Taylor
In NY you get automatic 10 year suspension for EPO--in Harrahs Chester--lifetime ban.
How for eg are horses associated with ANY of the above racing or allowed to race at these tracks??? Even Gillis--races most nights at Yonkers---crickets. Why arent they doing time??

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
For erythropoietin: Dylan Davis, Nick Devita, Gareth Dowse, Jeff Gillis, Brian Malone, John Mungillo, Eric Prevost, Richard Silverman, Leroy Slabaugh, and Howard Taylor
In NY you get automatic 10 year suspension for EPO--in Harrahs Chester--lifetime ban.
How for eg are horses associated with ANY of the above racing or allowed to race at these tracks??? Even Gillis--races most nights at Yonkers---crickets. Why arent they doing time??

Let's see how Gural handles these people moving forward. Nothing has changed since the original ban, right? If you are correct on NY and Chester (track-specific), then I would like to see Gural do the same.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal