Author Topic: Karl vs TCI  (Read 3435 times)

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
Re: Karl vs TCI
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2023, 03:24:06 PM »
It sure didn't hurt that TCI was a bigger/Longer horse. If you looked at the wheels Millers wheel was behind Gingras wheel when they hit the finish. But just that lil running in by Karl right before the wire did cost him.

I thought so too.

TCI is the better horse right now, and has a shot at a historic season. Much deserved, horse has done everything asked of him.

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2023, 03:25:32 PM »
just because The Red Mile is lighting fast does not mean every horse will get over it well

he definingly bobbed a couple times in the stretch
I chalked it up to getting a little crooked, really easy for a 2 yr old to roll into a gallop making a bobble like that.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2023, 03:49:29 PM »
Gingras could’ve of learned something there - at Breeders Crown if on the front keep the pace rolling a little better and keep it from being a quarter mile drag race.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2023, 04:08:07 PM »
just because The Red Mile is lighting fast does not mean every horse will get over it well

he definingly bobbed a couple times in the stretch

Remember Nuncio won the Futurity and Campbell said he didn't like track and didn't handle it that well but he still managed to get it done

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2023, 05:09:41 PM »
Remember Nuncio won the Futurity and Campbell said he didn't like track and didn't handle it that well but he still managed to get it done
Karl has raced here last 4 starts

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2023, 07:29:04 AM »
TCI, monster! Refuses to lose, guess we found out who the real deal is.

He didn't have any quit in him.  TCI looked very impressive.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2023, 12:06:18 PM »
Gonna call bullshit, Karl has been running in more and more every start. Nancy added a driving bit today to try and prevent him from doing that. Plenty of speed but judging by the video and how he's rigged, he's ouchy right front. Actually a big effort by him to keep trotting.

TCI was better today but neither one was super steady down the lane. I'd be surprised if we saw TCI anywhere else besides Breeders Crown. I say doubtful that Karl races again until next year.

I call it bullshit too. Nancy changed nothing.  Yimmy is in control there…

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2023, 01:10:53 PM »
I really thought Karl won even watching the replay. I wouldn't write him off just yet. Anyone with eyes could see that colt wasn't 100% yesterday and it's not like TCI embarrassed him. If they can get Karl right I am not sure this rivalry is settled.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2023, 01:29:53 PM »
I really thought Karl won even watching the replay. I wouldn't write him off just yet. Anyone with eyes could see that colt wasn't 100% yesterday and it's not like TCI embarrassed him. If they can get Karl right I am not sure this rivalry is settled.

There wasn't any point on video amyway that Karl lost the race.
Added confusion, the judges just DQ'd a horse in race 1 for pylon violation. Again, on video, the horse never went inside any pylon.

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2023, 01:56:29 PM »
There wasn't any point on video amyway that Karl lost the race.
Added confusion, the judges just DQ'd a horse in race 1 for pylon violation. Again, on video, the horse never went inside any pylon.

Yikes. That is odd. And yeah..the win photo they showed was mind-blowing. I was certain Karl had won and then when the photo took so long I thought *maybe* a dead heat.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2023, 07:24:24 PM »
Here’s where we will find out how good NT is. If they can get Karl sound & the little hitch he has down the lane, he was paddling lt hind  looked like he might have even hit the fork a few times, has he been smooth I think could have let him hit another gear and he would have trotted away. BC will tells in a few weeks.

Foalin at 4

• Top Claimer
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2023, 08:59:40 PM »
Here’s where we will find out how good NT is. If they can get Karl sound & the little hitch he has down the lane, he was paddling lt hind  looked like he might have even hit the fork a few times, has he been smooth I think could have let him hit another gear and he would have trotted away. BC will tells in a few weeks.

LMAO, get him sound, also he doesn't have another gear. TCI is clearly the better horse. KARL had everything his own way and got beat. There is a reason one horse has a million made, and the other 300 grand. 

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2023, 09:38:30 PM »

LMAO, get him sound, also he doesn't have another gear. TCI is clearly the better horse. KARL had everything his own way and got beat. There is a reason one horse has a million made, and the other 300 grand.

Correct, he has raced a lot more and yes, won some big dances. TCI is no joke but man, they are putting a lot of starts on him. Colt must be made of iron.

You act like he blew by Karl. it was quite a stretch drive. Their back halves and quarters were ticks apart. I just didn't see anything that says TCI is a clear victor going forward between the two. Not disparaging either colt.

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2023, 09:41:27 PM »

Exactly. And maybe NT/JT won't get him squared away, which will be a shame. But I'd like to see them both on the top of their games at the BC.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2023, 10:00:02 PM »
I am amazed that Yannick doesn't have a stiff neck after how many times he looked over at TCI alongside him.  It was clear that he was "nursing" Karl and just trying to get enough out of him to squeeze to the wire, so, for sure, Karl had some kind of "issue" where Yannick was afraid he would start to gallop if he asked him for anything more than what he felt he just needed to cross the finish line a nose in front.   Only thing the matchup proved was that Karl had an "issue" and that they both (if Karl is restored to being sound) will be knocking on the door of the Hambo next year.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal