Author Topic: Hambo society  (Read 1630 times)

Parked

• Elite
Hambo society
« on: March 30, 2024, 01:15:16 PM »
Did I understand the article right that said the Hambo Society backed Gural and Taylor (or anyone else) can't race his horses in Hambo controlled stakes at the Meadowlands  if on the Fishman list ?

She Dont Know

• 4 claimer
Re: Hambo society
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 01:27:30 PM »
Where is Fisherman's list ?

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 04:29:21 PM »
If HT is out,,,,,everything is all good and well

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 05:29:17 PM »
Where is Fisherman's list ?
If the list was printed in phone book form,it would be 2inches thick and weigh about 2 pounds!  ngc3

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 06:39:31 PM »
It's their sand box, they call the rules. Never going to change, It's all run buy the same people, just look at the board. Look at the USTA, Do you really think they care. How many members are on the list? Does't mean anything to 95% of the members. Doesn't affect them at all, they aren't going to complain. Look at the Jug Society. The cheats will figure around it they always do. Hey Belcher got a license.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 10:39:43 PM »
I haven't read it yet, but here's my take...the Hambo Society is SUPPOSED TO BACK Gural on this. They are supposed to be separate and distinct from the USTA. Talk to the major owners and breeders in the sport and industry and as a whole they have more respect, and would rather deal with, and work with, the Hambo Society. More people than you think are sick and tired of the USTA. It's political because of Williams and Hanover, so many big players have to be a bit careful on how "loud" they get, if they can say anything at all. If you are a major trainer and/or owner, and you go on "the outs" with Hanover, that can impact your business.

I would love nothing more than to see the USTA actually play the role they were originally designed and delegated to play. Put then in their place and don't include them in any governance or operational aspects.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 11:40:19 PM »
USTA has no governing authority or ever has had any governing authority. It’s a bullshit non profit that pays it board ridiculous salary.
The Hambo society should tell Gural to pound salt. What about the trainer on the Grasso tapes who had o e drop dead after warming up or the Surrick tapes with the guy giving the EPO. List is one thing but people on tape admitting to doping and killing can race at Gural tracks.

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2024, 09:07:38 AM »
USTA has no governing authority or ever has had any governing authority. It’s a bullshit non profit that pays it board ridiculous salary.

The sixty Directors of The USTA receive no salary!  Expences only.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2024, 01:08:54 PM »
Wasn’t referring to those useless cogs, look up these fine folks salaries, it’s public record
Russell C. Williams
President
Joseph A. Faraldo
Chairperson
Mike Tanner
Executive VP
Mark Loewe
Vice Chairperson
T.C. Lane
COO
Jim Miller
Treasurer
Michele Kopiec
Corporate Secretary

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2024, 01:24:51 PM »
Wasn’t referring to those useless cogs, look up these fine folks salaries, it’s public record
Russell C. Williams
President
Joseph A. Faraldo
Chairperson
Mike Tanner
Executive VP
Mark Loewe
Vice Chairperson
T.C. Lane
COO
Jim Miller
Treasurer
Michele Kopiec
Corporate Secretary

I can’t find $,

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 02:27:35 PM »
If they are a non-profit, check their tax return (it might be a 990). It is public information. I would not be surprised if the "directors" received no salary, other than reimbursement and a per diem or honorarium for attending board meetings and the like, but would also not be surprised that "management" (day-to-day operations) did receive a salary (even if the management was also a director). Either way, for me, it doesn't matter if they do or don't. They are useless outside what their original and intended focus and scope was.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal