Author Topic: Kelvin Harrison  (Read 7845 times)

Casualfan1

• Top Claimer
Kelvin Harrison
« on: June 21, 2020, 11:24:18 PM »
What’s the story with all the Down Under horses he has accumulated and I understand he is a great guy and good horseman but never seen him have this many horses racing this well. Who owns these pieces? 

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
Re: Kelvin Harrison
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 11:58:01 PM »
Big Red is a class act,,,and a very good horseman,,while getting up in years surprising he is looking to work that hard

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 12:07:21 AM »
Definitely fromting for Australian operation

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 12:10:16 AM »
You could be correct

Harness Stats

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 12:20:07 AM »
Actually it's New Zealand He has an arrangement with the leading bloodstock agent there John Curtin to bring over race and sell as much as he can.  DRF had an article about it a few months ago.  Weirdly Curtin was one of the few people in NZ to get Covid.  He didn't have a bad time of it though.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 04:49:15 AM »
Kelvin is a class act. I've done business with him. They have a new business model that makes great sense. They bring over a wide variety of horses. They take away the unknown of how they fit here in the states. You see them race here. Then work our deal. They are looking to sell horses. They are not looking at a quick one time sell. The cost to ship them here is $16,000. Where the money is made is on the exchange rate. It's .65 as of this morning. So if you spend say $50,000 on a horse, that translates to $82,500 NZ dollars.

captain cash

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 05:56:22 AM »
    Good guy...had beers with him years ago..no nonsense..I believe he played rugby when he was young..big eagles can.. daughter use to be smoking hot..him and Bobby Blum has some of the biggest hands I have ever seen.. wouldn't want to tangle with either one. Even at their age.

Casualfan1

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 12:02:29 AM »
Thanks for answering my question.  I actually talked to someone today who has been in the harness business for years and he told me that Kelvin Harrison would be the most liked and respected trainer by other trainers and owners in the game. Said he is a great horseman and now that they have caught a few of the chemist and the others may be a lil nervous right now a guy like Harrison will do well.
  He told me he was having beers with him one night and Red was drinking scotch but two guys were picking on a guy much smaller than them and they followed him outside, so to make it short Harrison picked up one guy and threw him in a dumpster and the other guy took off lol. Said in reality he’s a big teddy bear that’s honest and straight shooter. Told me his first job in the US was for Gurfein. Anyway thanks again.

Manny

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 12:23:45 PM »
My pal [male] said he was with Harrison one night and Kelvin tried to pick him???   

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 04:14:48 PM »
This may get be the first topic where everyone agreed a trainer is a good guy and a horsemen.

Wow 😯

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 05:09:50 PM »
All these posts prove just how uninformed you are.

DETAILS, OR HE'S JUST A GOOD GUY.

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 05:24:41 PM »
Colin there’s a blast from the past

COUNSELOR

• Top Claimer
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 10:26:26 PM »
THE OWNER OF SEVERAL HORSES WITH KELVIN HARRISON IS JOHN CURTIN.   JOHN CURTIN IS A PROFESSIONAL---STRAIGHTFORWARD BUSINESS MAN FROM NEW ZEALAND.   HE IS HIGHLY RESPECTED WORLD WIDE AS A BLOODSTOCK AGENT AS WELL AS OWNING HARNESSLINK.   THESE HORSES ARE FOR SALE AND JOHN PLACED THEM WITH KELVIN TO CONDITION PROPERLY FOR SALE.   

THESE HORSES HAVE RACED VERY WELL AS I HAVE WATCHED MANY.  KELVIN HAS DOWN A GREAT JOB.   JOHN IS A STRAIGHT SHOOTER AND I NOW MUST BELEIVE IN KELVIN AS I TRUST JOHN'S JUDGEMENT.

I HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH JOHNS COMPANY FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND HE HAS TRULY HAS COMPLETED EVERY TRANSACTION AS AN HONEST AND ETHICAL BUSINESSMAN.  I WOULD RECOMMEND JOHN AND HIS FIRM.

WE HAVE COMPLETED IN EXCESS OF $100 MILLION DOLLARS IN TRANSACTIONS OVER THE 40+  YEARS .  THEREFORE, I CAN AND WILL STATE THAT JOHN CURTIN IS A MAN OF CLASS AND VALUE WHO CAN IN FACT BE TRUSTED.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 11:01:02 PM »
Agents, MAJOR breeding farms as well as industry leaders are all in bed with trainers with scrupulous pasts. Didn't you learn anything when writing in capital letters for the past 3 months about the 29 indicted. Most were trainers for "reputable" owners/businessmen like Curtin.

"Like" Curtin....wtf is this?
Now he's a cheat too?
 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 11:19:15 PM »
Read it again shit for brains. I was responding to a post that stated that a trainer must be honest if he is training for a honest owner. Try and keep up douche bag.

"Reputable" in quotations is shakey.  And so are your posts.  I don't recall tossing around any names your way, but if thats how you wanna roll around here, stay tuned. tmbz1

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal