Author Topic: Lou Pena  (Read 3910 times)

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
Lou Pena
« on: November 26, 2023, 05:17:40 PM »
Not the same anymore.

Did they ever find out what he was using when he was ruling the harness world a few years ago?
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Laag

• Top Claimer
Re: Lou Pena
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 05:19:04 PM »
Not the same anymore.

Did they ever find out what he was using when he was ruling the harness world a few years ago?

Real Joke doped beyond belief and poor Oliver Cleo lost his hair and never raced again after the US Pacing Championship

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 06:42:56 PM »
Real Joke doped beyond belief and poor Oliver Cleo lost his hair and never raced again after the US Pacing Championship

I shave my balls and it hasn't inhibited my performance.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

7minuteAbz

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 07:19:54 PM »
Sweet Lou keeps a low profile compared to the old days when he would claim one and have it run off the screen the following week  11.dnc

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 08:38:31 PM »
Not the same anymore.

It was the "Stacking" of  any different products that are used to treat problems..so they say! I think that the actual agent was not made public in fear of mass application. I can tell y'all first hand that the horse I got from him was standing at the back of his stall for 13 days looking like he couldn't decide if he wanted to shit or puke! His eyes looked hollow as if he was dead! This was coming off 2 wins on the chooch back to back. Horses coming off O.T.C.meds don't act that way!

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 08:41:35 PM »
It was the "Stacking" of  any different products that are used to treat problems..so they say! I think that the actual agent was not made public in fear of mass application. I can tell y'all first hand that the horse I got from him was standing at the back of his stall for 13 days looking like he couldn't decide if he wanted to shit or puke! His eyes looked hollow as if he was dead! This was coming off 2 wins on the chooch back to back. Horses coming off O.T.C.meds don't act that way!
Did he keep winning for you?

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2023, 08:48:27 PM »
1st start he was 3rd. After that he was on the list for being distanced 2x. Bought for 10k and sold for 3.5k before the good miles fell of the page! They either go or they go elsewhere for me.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2023, 09:09:55 PM »
Not the same anymore.

It is amazing that he was able to race for a good part of the time from the 2012 charges till the penalty was finally formalized in 2015 due to appeals etc.

Here is one discussion of what was used:

For example, the notice states that horses trained by Pena that competed in 632 races at Yonkers or Saratoga Raceway had been administered glycopyrrolate, a common anti-ulcer drug, within 96 hours of the races. The notice also said that Pena had administered methocarbomol, a muscle relaxant, within 72 hours of post to horses that had competed in 639 races.

Here is another:

He has been suspended on the following 15 charges:
1) Fraud and Misrepresentation .
2) Adrenocorticotrop ic (ACTH), hormone.
3) Betamethasone (Celestone), steroid.
4) Clenbuterol (Ventipulman).
5) Cromolyn Sodium, Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID).
6) Fircoxib, NSAID.
7) Flumethasone, Steroid.
8) Glycopyyplate (Robinul).
9) Gonadorelin or GnRH (factrel) hormone.
10) Hyaluronic Acid derivative.
11) Joint injection of steroid (Celestone).
12) Joint injection of steroid (Cortistone).
13) Levothyroxine, hormone.
14) Methocarbamol (eg: Robaxin)
15) Magnesium Sulfate (Mag).

Note that all of this was a function of information taken from vetinary records and NOT from specific positive tests.  If you scroll down to page 4 on this link you will find all the details:

https://www.commerce.senate.gov/services/files/EB5F48E8-4629-4240-94D6-42D35FF135FE

NV

• NW-1
It's only libel if it's a lie

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2023, 09:44:24 PM »
Horses that have their hair fall out is a symptom of withdrawal off a drug. I know of a trainer who had this happen after claiming off Gassie Coleman . Speculation was they were putting fentanyl patches on underneath their tail.

Wild bull

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2023, 09:58:49 PM »
It's really a shame the way they treat this poor guy he was just better than everyone people couldn't hang it so they started making shit up about him in my eyes I feel they went after him because he was Mexican the guy never hurt anyone just trying to make a living and live the life of a rockstar long live the king

Lance

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2023, 10:11:25 PM »
Horses that have their hair fall out is a symptom of withdrawal off a drug. I know of a trainer who had this happen after claiming off Gassie Coleman . Speculation was they were putting fentanyl patches on underneath their tail.

EPO used to do the same thing

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2023, 10:59:39 PM »
It wasn't fentanyl patches, it was fentanyl suppositories. Just typing those words makes me sick. What a fucking business.

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2023, 01:47:48 AM »
Organized crime wasn't that creative

mwins

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2023, 09:12:34 AM »
It wasn't yogurt?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    Today at 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal