Author Topic: Jim Taggart Jr 6 Wins Today at MR  (Read 801 times)

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
Jim Taggart Jr 6 Wins Today at MR
« on: August 17, 2023, 06:59:55 PM »
Pretty impressive to get 6 wins in a Monticello card of only 8. Only 3 winners were favorites which adds to an impressive day. I don’t know anything about Taggert except he seems to be a fixture at MR for many years. He is the go to driver of trainer Gary Messenger and they have a successful partnership. Beyond that I know nothing else and would like to know his history, reputation etc. if anyone knows.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
Re: Jim Taggart Jr 6 Wins Today at MR
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 08:02:29 PM »
Pretty impressive to get 6 wins in a Monticello card of only 8. Only 3 winners were favorites which adds to an impressive day. I don’t know anything about Taggert except he seems to be a fixture at MR for many years. He is the go to driver of trainer Gary Messenger and they have a successful partnership. Beyond that I know nothing else and would like to know his history, reputation etc. if anyone knows.

Brings memories of Ole Pardner Cruise at Roosevelt going 6 for 8.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 08:54:23 PM »
1998   decided to give training a break for a few year   watched jimmy developing and racing for a few years and decided to contact him   very friendly and gracious  we claimed some horses and did very well at Monti and the old Pocono  Nick Ferriero is his brother in law   Jimmy's father used to come to the races every night  Shane, his brother not quire cur from the same cloth   very honest guy   was tight with Parker and desimone back in the day   pretty sure his first drioves were in  amateur races early 20s

Has at least 6000 wins

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 09:22:05 PM »

What 'big name' drivers did he beat there?

toothman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 11:22:11 PM »
he was a groom for johnny d in the late 80's when i had horses with him

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2023, 11:24:49 PM »
They were very tight always. Remember one time they got caught up in a "bad" race together and couldn't drive for a while. They both worked for Jimmy's father's roofing company to pay the bills while they were out of action.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal