Author Topic: Winners Circle Photo Taken Before Inquiery Settled ?  (Read 1973 times)

makingit

• Open / FFA
Winners Circle Photo Taken Before Inquiery Settled ?
« on: November 28, 2023, 07:23:45 PM »
Why would a winners circl photo be taken before an inquiry is settled?  Last night at Yonkers (4 Race) the so called inner entered the circle and had the photo taken when there was an inquiry.  The horse was taken down and placed  3rd. The horse , driver, trainer , and owners who were then declared the actual winner were cheated out of the experience to be in the winners circle. Is that the usually way to doe it?  Do they not wait to see who the judges declare the winner?

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
Re: Winners Circle Photo Taken Before Inquiery Settled ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 07:54:14 PM »
Its a dude from Michigan who won a race by a placement.  What satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment is that for a photo, not to mention it was a claiming race so I'm sure the guy has won tons of races already. 

I'm sure if there were any owners there and it really mattered they could have gone down to the winners circle and complain, and ask for a picture ...  there's no one to stop them.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 07:54:34 PM »
Typical Yonkers.   And, most likely the owners were not among the 8 people in attendance. 

Jackie Mo

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 10:03:21 AM »
Why would a winners circl photo be taken before an inquiry is settled?  Last night at Yonkers (4 Race) the so called inner entered the circle and had the photo taken when there was an inquiry.  The horse was taken down and placed  3rd. The horse , driver, trainer , and owners who were then declared the actual winner were cheated out of the experience to be in the winners circle. Is that the usually way to doe it?  Do they not wait to see who the judges declare the winner?

seems to be standard practice at most tracks

they take the pic and could care less about the final decision

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 10:49:42 AM »
Its a dude from Michigan who won a race by a placement.  What satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment is that for a photo, not to mention it was a claiming race so I'm sure the guy has won tons of races already. 

I'm sure if there were any owners there and it really mattered they could have gone down to the winners circle and complain, and ask for a picture ...  there's no one to stop them.

this is typical of harness racing as a whole.  Always bullying anyone with a worthwhile suggestion, just because that's not the way it's always been done!  This guy's observation point is wholly valid.  The possible winners oughta be scoring on the track until determination is made.  Further, there should be a time limit for an inquiry - how many replays do these guys need to watch to decide?  if it takes 10 minutes, then they need to practice a bit more.

You, Thorn, don't have enough info to even squirt in an opinion.  Why try to defend this issue w/o even considering it?    Sure- in this specific case- BUT! there are perhaps plenty of cases that, in fairness, should be delayed a couple minutes to give the winning connections their due.  After all, it's hard enough to get a win - why rush and get it wrong?

titans1127

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2023, 10:55:29 AM »
The inquiry sign wasn't even posted until after the photo was taken.

captain morgan

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2023, 12:01:33 PM »
Happened to us a few years ago at Meadowlands with a 2 yr old. They took Trond down,  placed us first.  I hear he (Trond) put on quite the show in the paddock when dq'd

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 12:17:05 PM »
I remember the Meadowlands showing inquires that did not involve the winner. They kept showing it & didn't show the winner on the screen. That was in poor taste in my opinion.

sledge hammer

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 12:26:48 PM »
I saw a race a few weeks ago where the winner went inside 48 pylons and was 1000% going to be Dq'ed but went in the winner's circle, met the connections and took picture anyway, did he not know he was a lock to be taken down? People are so clueless I hate everyone.

7minuteAbz

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2023, 12:39:55 PM »
If the driver skips the winner's circle photo, they are basically admitting that they did something wrong. It's smart to act innocent until they take your number down.

sledge hammer

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 02:08:15 PM »
I remember the Meadowlands showing inquires that did not involve the winner. They kept showing it & didn't show the winner on the screen. That was in poor taste in my opinion.

Meadowlands does a poor job on their feed after the race, they don't show graphic of the unofficial order of finish or anything else throughout the winner's circle activities. If you're lucky you can hear Warkentin announce it.

sledge hammer

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2023, 02:08:44 PM »
If the driver skips the winner's circle photo, they are basically admitting that they did something wrong. It's smart to act innocent until they take your number down.
Fair point...

CMJAnew

• Top Claimer
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2023, 05:12:23 AM »
Fair point...

Been there / Done that. Not as a driver, rather the owner. Had a nice little bunch in the circle for the pic too. THEN the light came on. Had to do the 'walk of shame' with people actually in the stands. That and the $3600 dollars between first and last on a night I wasn't drinking.
Reread It

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2023, 11:52:30 AM »
Been there / Done that. Not as a driver, rather the owner. Had a nice little bunch in the circle for the pic too. THEN the light came on. Had to do the 'walk of shame' with people actually in the stands. That and the $3600 dollars between first and last on a night I wasn't drinking.

I've had the power of the INQUIRY both for and against.  Personally, i like it much better when my horse moves up than when the finding sends my racer in free fall to the bottom

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal