Author Topic: Mohawk question and issue  (Read 4742 times)

Smalltimer7932

• Stakes Horse
Mohawk question and issue
« on: January 08, 2020, 10:06:06 AM »
I've seen over a course of weeks big swings in cash on horses at odds bet down at last minute that look as though they cant compete  and yet after bet down they run big races to win or be second usually 8/1or so then price cut way down but I've also seen no movement  bye jocks to get there horses in the race , horse races or the best horse is 10 lengths or more out of it before moves  just to finish 2,3,4,but not win or out completely. I know people complain  about Meadowlands  but at least  from what I've seen in the last 2weeks drivers drive to win there and a chance for a score that cant be said at mohawk why do owners trainers put up with such  crap at mohawk  as though there horse is put in bad position  on purpose to not win .as for my rant I think I'll swing more at Meadowlands  at least it gives u chances to  cash anyone notice  other odd happenings I missed post thanks

Calhoun

• Elite
Re: Mohawk question and issue
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 05:26:17 PM »
never trust a dirty fucking canadian,

Is there any other kind?

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 05:50:10 PM »
Is there any other kind?

Is this a partisan ruling or outright racism?

Smalltimer7932

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 06:53:27 PM »
Pools have shown meds is up to 3mill  each card while mohawk handles are down .yes there is good races  there

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 09:23:55 AM »
I played Mohawk for 25 yrs and gave up on it this last yr after seeing far too many questionable races. Imo drivers colony is among the most crooked. Big m is a better play if you must play harness.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 10:35:23 AM »
agreed big m is the place to wager
and lets be honest for harness racing to be anything the big m has to be the showcase for drivers and horses, not dumps like poconos or meadows etc
the problem in harness racing is as follows
      for whatever reason there is just no urgency to perform well on a regular basis, no one gets benched or fired , they just move on and at the end of the year have made     their money, and  the overnight horses race 35-40 times a year so owners cant complain about a few stiff rides
      and for the most part the top guys get all the stakes drives regardless

not the case in t breds, there is more jockeys than mounts, a decent horse might race 12-15 times per year so as a jockey if you dont ride that horse well you are gone

Smalltimer7932

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 08:18:49 PM »
Yes I'd say the timing is flawed too cause pos test comes out 4/6weeks after payments have been paid for winner so funds used on next gas job plus any money they bet because they knew  before hand horse was loaded and would win unless jockey fell off.then its 30 days off ,fine and then back to beard

Smalltimer7932

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 11:21:11 PM »
Yeah I see ur point well taken .i just wont play there  like I did .how do they explain  5 second turn around from last week to this week and had been beaten  bye same horses multiple  times to the judges .sad hopefully  they get a clue

vinnie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 11:58:16 PM »
Yeah I see ur point well taken .i just wont play there  like I did .how do they explain  5 second turn around from last week to this week and had been beaten  bye same horses multiple  times to the judges .sad hopefully  they get a clue
You can say the same thing coast to coast in Canada.
Look at how bad western Canada is , there is no form.
And if they get a positive or caught with needles syringes or injectables all they get is a fine.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 10:14:52 AM »
West coast is Fraser Downs and I raced a string out there in the early 90's and though they think of themselves as a A track they are behind Ontario's B tracks by a large margin. Their racing commission's office is no bigger than a janitors closet a real fucking joke. Just before Christmas Jim Marino gets a positive for injectables and his groom gets nailed and gets an indefinite suspension while Marino still races with no penalty. The drivers decide who wins and the betting is controlled by a small group of Korean's. You mentioned 5 second turn around from one week to another I've seen top prospects for the glue factory with not a win in 3 years win by open lengths that their best time was 2:01 and now :53.4. They make Pennsylvania and Monti look like the cleanest racing on the planet.

CONTROLLED BY KOREANS?
 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 10:17:56 AM »
yes, fact
everything in Vancouver is controlled by Asians

cr dawg

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 10:30:47 AM »
Please don't insult the janitors! The cleaning staff at Mohawk know what's going on!
2 weeks off, 11 races Saturday, [b]12 races Monday, [/b]10 races Thursday and Friday?? WTF???  ngc3

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 10:45:50 AM »
KOREANS READ THIS SITE

cr dawg

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 11:02:13 PM »
Thanks Ice, I'm sure their customers were happy sitting at the track until 11 30 when they had to go to work the next morning???
Maverick ngc3

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal