Author Topic: If you were a driver...  (Read 14746 times)

Equus Caballus

• Elite
If you were a driver...
« on: May 06, 2018, 05:36:53 PM »
Why in the world would you ever let an open pacer get to the half in 57.1 on a speed favoring track?

Why turn the race into a sprint?
Why aren’t drivers pulling?

I don’t understand what the strategy is if your sitting towards the back by not pulling it makes no sense

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: If you were a driver...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 06:18:52 PM »
Why did Brett give the lead again on Dr j Hanover

When he knows he can't but on the front

That's why that track is unwatchable..

Yes they let rock n Ron. To a 57 half.  
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

quitpullinmychain

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »
If it's a 3/5 shot on the frontend you already make a mistake by not leaving & getting in the 2 hole you are screwed.You pull at the quarter he's not going to let you clear.So why take all that air & get nothing.Racing for check now.Coulda,shoulda,woulda is all 20/20 hindsight.

Rfan31

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 06:57:24 PM »
They need to put drivers in these bikes that want to fuckin win... Hardly any drivers have the fight to win anymore. Its boring racing...

They need to start a program to get people that have no horse knowledge into these bikes.... All these horsemen have no driving ability, they are only driving due to their last name. That is it. Their is no talent. Yes their is a few talented drivers, but rest suck.... You could pick up somebody off the street, take a day to show them how to drive one, and they'll be doing better then the current driving colony.

HHTremor

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 07:28:09 PM »
It seems like the horses walk to the half more since they removed the passing lane???

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 07:33:28 PM »
It seems like the horses walk to the half more since they removed the passing lane???

Sorry we not talking about Yonkers (thank god)

We are taking. About pocono race last night

(Yes they went so slow that it looks like a Yonkers half)

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 07:37:11 PM »
Why in the world would you ever let an open pacer get to the half in 57.1 on a speed favoring track?

Why turn the race into a sprint?
Why aren’t drivers pulling?

I don’t understand what the strategy is if your sitting towards the back by not pulling it makes no sense
A couple in there were in last year's same race that went 53 to the 1/2 with 5 or 6 lead changes.  And a couple there wound up missing time.  That's the rce Adam the Cunt's horse won at big odds.  Anyway, just a different year and different race.  Plus it's a bit early to be asking a top horse to go full out for cheap money/

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 07:43:59 PM »

yonkers is totally unwatchable with just over night racin

its a guessin game,,

cappin that track is a waste of time...posts means nothin
drivers are all very good,,
so thats waste of time ///
on any given race 3 horses arent tryin

go ahead donate,,

once the levy was over i wont watch yonkers till 3 yr champ races..
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:46:12 PM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 12:14:28 PM »
A lot of misguided opinions on this topic like committing suicide by pulling early on a good horse with one that doesn't take much air! The only real answer is to enforce the slow quarter rule which, for whatever reason, the judges refuse to invoke. So many times you see tremendous confusion among the trailing horses when the leader puts the brakes on and most of your trailers become mathematically eliminated from contention! I always felt that if the second quarter is 12 lengths or greater than the first, automatic fine for the driver increasing for every subsequent offense! You obviously can't change the order of finish or penalize the owner, you have to put the blame on the driver who is the only one who determines the pace! You'll see how quickly things will change when a driver has to cough up $2500. for a third offense!

quitpullinmychain

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 01:08:11 PM »
Only thing I want to dump on is when I see a driver not keeping the hole closed & then when someone pulls all of a sudden they have pace.But if I was driving[which we are suppose to be doing] I would go first up crepting & when everyone starts faning out 3 & 4 wide then go.They kinda get in each others way. You are trying to win so if backing down the half w/o causing confusion helps you win be that guy & leave & control the race.Hay they have that driving school every year have at it boys.Old saying best drivers are in the stands.

rollin smolin

• Open / FFA
  • SON OF A SNITCH
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »
 YOU DO WHATEVER THE GUY WHO PAYS YOU THE MOST MONEY WANTS YOU TO DO. AS A DRIVER YOU ARE OPEN TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER.
  AND IF YOU HATE THAT, SUCK IT

SPERMIN HERMAN

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »
YOU DO WHATEVER THE GUY WHO PAYS YOU THE MOST MONEY WANTS YOU TO DO. AS A DRIVER YOU ARE OPEN TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER.

HELLO BOBBY. GOT ANY GOOD STAKES STOCK LINED UP FOR THE SUMMER? HOPE YOU MAKE SOME SERIOUS CASH  tmbz1

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 03:55:07 PM »

sad but 100% reality

zoot

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 07:06:51 PM »
you guys make me laugh. when a horse is bet to 3/5 it's obvious he shows far superior ability to the rest of the field if he is a legit 3/5. usually a legit 3/5 horse has the ability and speed to get to the front and control the race. really the only driver that can affect the outcome is the horse in front when the 3/5 shot comes. if that driver allows the 3/5 horse to get the front easily, it's he that concedes the race. after obtaining the front with a 3/5 shot the race is, more or less over and drivers that pull into slow fractions from back in the pack are committing suicide. blame the driver that surrenders the lead easily to sit the 2 hole. he's the one who concedes the race.

zoot

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 09:17:14 PM »
how often have you sat behind a horse ?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal