Author Topic: Closest to the price contest for Shartin's first foal next Monday at Lexington!  (Read 7159 times)

Casualfan1

• Top Claimer

Here is the winner. $120k seems to be the closest.

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
$800K for any yearling is ridiculous.  You need $1 million in purses won just to break even!  The breeders love these morons. Hip 48 from Mission Brief has done nothing so far with her first 3 foals and this one will could very well be the 4th bust.
Paying that much for a yearling is just setting you up for future failure.

dinkadoo

• Elite
PurpleSheetpicks had 120K
We going by Price Is Right rules ?  ngc3

Did she have a whole in her somewhere ? $140k ??

There was money in the room --- but not for this filly   94z.sm

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
We going by Price Is Right rules ?  ngc3

Did she have a whole in her somewhere ? $140k ??

There was money in the room --- but not for this filly   94z.sm

Easy deductions.  She has zero pedigree, raced her guts out till she was 6-7yrs old, and everyone knows shes was gassed to the gills by Josh Marks.  Josh Marks associated with a broodmare is the kiss of death.  Not one top race mare he has been associated with has ever thrown a thing.

hoosierboy

• Elite
Easy deductions.  She has zero pedigree, raced her guts out till she was 6-7yrs old, and everyone knows shes was gassed to the gills by Josh Marks.  Josh Marks associated with a broodmare is the kiss of death.  Not one top race mare he has been associated with has ever thrown a thing.

Damn does Josh Marks gas every good horse?  Don’t know the guy but damn seems that every good horse is some how tied to Josh

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
Hunterton and partners not only bred Mission Brief, they have retained her as a broodmare. Hunterton’s Steve Stewart said Mission Brief is, “the gift that keeps on giving... Going into the sale, we thought that she was a very, very nice filly. We knew that there’s not many Gimpanzees and people like to buy first crops.
“The mare is just amazing. She’s sold yearlings for $400,000, $725,000, $550,000 and now $800,000. That has got to be some kind of record.”---------the first 3 made only $88,000-----$29,000-----not racing at 2-----and now this one! Melander bought the last 3 for $2 million for his owners and so far their return on their MORONIC investments have been $117,000!!!!!  Define insanity?  Saying they retain value as broodmares is nonsense as they won't get back their cash outlay for their future foals if their records on track show little.  Mission Brief looks like a BUST as a broodmare for the prices her yearlings are commanding.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 10:45:18 AM by wizardofoz »

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
WOW! My original bid at $225K was the closest but nowhere near what we thought. The NZ breeding is NOT well received here.

That NZ breeding for her is beyond awful. Many of them now are way better than that, especially now there are mares by all the top US stallions and 10 million Bettor's Delight mares down there. 

As an example I read like as of 5 or 6 years ago there were 125 winners who were Bettor's Delight sons and daughters out of Christian Cullen mares.

This from 2020

Harness racing's greatest breeding cross – Bettor's Delight over a Christian Cullen mare – has proven time and time again that it is the most potent cross in the harness racing breeding world today.

Lazarus heads the charge with over $4 million in the bank. His dam is Bethany by Christian Cullen.

Next on the list is Chicago Bull ($1,744,430), his dam is Chicago Blues by Christian Cullen.

Then there is Ohoka Punter ($1,177,323) his dam is Millwood Minisota by Christian Cullen.

The list goes on and on with the likes of Highview Tommy ($990,015), The Fixer ($1,055,693), Spanish Armada ($787,470), Belle Of Montana ($587,501), Self Assured (2,155,469), None Bettor, Wrappers Delight, Elle Mac, Amazing Dream, Better B Amazed, No Doctor Needed, Seaswift Joy, Another Masterpiece, Heisenberg, Ashley Locaz and Chase The Dream.

This cross Bettor's Delight over a Christian Cullen mare has resulted in over $20 million in progeny earnings world wide to date (2020)

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
i win again
suprise surpirse

maybe one day people wil start listening to me instead of just laughing and agrueing all the time

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
https://www.lexingtonselected.com/pdf/2023/Shartin%20N.pdf    VIDEO:  https://trivue.smugmug.com/Horses/Anvil-Lace/2023-Videos/Lexington/i-J7LhppW/A
FYI
The fillies name has been changed to August Moon,
and now owned by Richard Poillucci,
South Eastion, MA.
I looked her up because I had guessed she would be a no sale.
I am wrong again!
Good thing I have not made a bet in thirty years!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 04:06:22 PM by Meadow Ford »
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
Alagna signed for her at the sale.  His buyers probably don't like her and Poillucci bought her just because he owned Shartin. 

I was right that they would change her name but that was to be expected.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
The number was right. First and foremost, zero pedigree. Zero residual value. This filly sold as an individual. That's it. And that's about the yearling average for Captaintreacherou s (I think his 2023 in Lexington was under $120k). After that, all circumstantial and nothing to cause this filly to sell for big bux. Not a major-league, big-name, accomplished consignor. Relatively new consignor, and no consistent history of selling high-price, big-ticket yearlings. They do OK for newbies, but when you average $60k at the premier sale in the world, you aren't selling a no pedigree filly for several hundred thousand. Buyer-wise, nobody was "on her" and there were no suckers to sucker. I saw the filly at the farm and the sale. Good individual. Not great, not stand-out. Good. She seemed like a natural, showed well, walked well, was patient, and so on. She did seem like a seasoned yearling, one who was handled a lot and well by the farm. No surprise Richard ended up with her. He marches to the beat of his own drum.

Brown jug

• Elite
he owned shartin and of course made hugr dollars racing and then selling her
so to buy her first foal out of captain not a huge stretch

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Shartin had alot of frog juice. They can't pass down the chemicals in their systems,only the natural abilities!

dinkadoo

• Elite

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Josh Marx must have Alien technology! This guy is at 7 or 8 places to treat horses every day of racing and in 2 countries to boot! If you're riding along with him, your ass best be in the seat when his door closes or you're walking home! ngc3

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal