Author Topic: Closest to the price contest for Shartin's first foal next Monday at Lexington!  (Read 7196 times)

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
317016....to be exact

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
 we saw her the other day up front and pesonal

she flawless

650 to 700k my pic
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
Let's have a contest to guess how much it earns.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
Let's have a contest to guess how much it earns.
Gut feeling she sells around 350k. Gut feeling she doesn't live up to the hype.

Low Groove

• Open / FFA
$575,000 minimum

coryd03

• Stakes Horse
Prices will be high. If she looks great I say 450,000

Parked

• Elite
Price is going to depend a lot on how she looks as an individual not just who she is.  I'd be willing to bet that whatever she costs they change her name.  Caroline Kountry does not ring any bells for me.

Who she is ??   shartin was a great race mare but other than her, the pedigree reader has nothing to talk about. 
 2 nd dam has had 6 foals 1 brother made $12,855 rest never raced
3 rd dam 7 foals , 2 winners totaling $36,000
And it foes on for 2 more dams

When Shartins write up takes 1/3 of a page and it takes 4 more dams to barely fill the page it adds up in my book to Shartin  being a freak.  A nice freak but still a freak.. 
time will tell if she is a broodmare or not…

hoosierboy

• Elite
No more than $200k

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
RNA or No Sale
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
She has this one by Capt. Treacherous and her 2nd was by Capt. Treacherous also; however in 2023 she was bred to Capt. Midnight ($5000 stud fee in Indiana).  If they felt they could get $500,000+ for her foal(s), I don't see why they would "downbreed" her so starkly?  Perhaps it is because Captain Midnight also stands at Cobbitty (NSW, Australia) and they also send frozen semen to NZ... so perhaps they are hoping to find some big $$ buyers from down under??

truthisgrey

• NW-1
She has this one by Capt. Treacherous and her 2nd was by Capt. Treacherous also; however in 2023 she was bred to Capt. Midnight ($5000 stud fee in Indiana).  If they felt they could get $500,000+ for her foal(s), I don't see why they would "downbreed" her so starkly?  Perhaps it is because Captain Midnight also stands at Cobbitty (NSW, Australia) and they also send frozen semen to NZ... so perhaps they are hoping to find some big $$ buyers from down under??

Only because the same Amish guy Ola Yoder that owns Shartin also owns Capt Midnight, trying to make his stud and he doesn’t really need to make any money at this

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
Who is Ola Yoder?
The present owner.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

truthisgrey

• NW-1
Yes Ola Yoder, Kountry Lane

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Does Shartin do what she did on the racetrack if Timmy didn't drive AND own a piece of her? Was this really the product of Jimmy King's skill, training and horsemanship?

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
Who is Ola Yoder?
The present owner.
What did he pay for her?...........A similar search in 2022 for the Lexington Selected sale using $400,000 as the magic price found 28 horses sold for that number over the last five years and only one horse – Chestnut Hill ($622,189) – earned over his selling price. That group includes seven 2-year-olds who haven't earned money yet and could mature over the winter, and a pair of six-figure winners in Ari Ferrari J and Walner Payton, who is actually just $2,232 short of her $510,000 cost. For the record, the average return on the track has been just over $92,000 per yearling off an average selling price of $560,535.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 11:38:40 PM by wizardofoz »

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal