Author Topic: dexter at delaware  (Read 2755 times)

Brown jug

• Elite
dexter at delaware
« on: September 22, 2023, 11:09:28 AM »
needs some schooling on the half mile tracks
opened up to soon on seven colors in the heat and got picked off
also should have won the jug final off that trip,
needs to time his moves better on the delaware half
seven colors should have won the jug

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
Re: dexter at delaware
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 11:16:36 AM »
I guess you don't know the horse?  That horse is the worst bleeder you can have.  He absolutely is a gusher.  That's why he wasn't good for Brian B.  Andrew keeps him in the chamber all the time.  He couldn't be in the chamber this week because of Jug detention.  Go watch those races.  He sits right down with an 1/8th of a mile to go because he leaked.  Dexter is the best there is.  He did everything he could.  Wasn't his fault in the least.  If that horse doesn't leak he wins for fun.

Harnessfan902

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 12:00:49 PM »
But how many did he bang all week???

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 06:25:11 PM »
Great explanation of the horse dexter drove, dexter is a great driver

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 07:23:35 PM »
I guess you don't know the horse?  That horse is the worst bleeder you can have.  He absolutely is a gusher.  That's why he wasn't good for Brian B.  Andrew keeps him in the chamber all the time.  He couldn't be in the chamber this week because of Jug detention.  Go watch those races.  He sits right down with an 1/8th of a mile to go because he leaked.  Dexter is the best there is.  He did everything he could.  Wasn't his fault in the least.  If that horse doesn't leak he wins for fun.

Brian Brown horse a bad bleeder, what a shocker.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 07:46:19 PM »
Brian Brown horse a bad bleeder, what a shocker.

There is a reason they all bleed.  He doesn't put any miles into them to strengthen there pulmonary system.  He has ten 300pd chubbos rubbing 8 head each.  He has himself and 3-4 riders at best that have to move all those horses.  They go 3 miles at about a 4min clip and go right back to the barn. 

He has become a great person to buy off of if you have the time to leg them up and put the work into them.  I can't really think of a horse he's sold that hasn't went forward or been a bad buy?

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 08:43:09 PM »
correct, i do not know the horse or the individual characteristics of any other horses
just commenting from a visual point of view it looked like he  was in striking position to win both races and got picked off

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 10:26:56 PM »
correct, i do not know the horse or the individual characteristics of any other horses
just commenting from a visual point of view it looked like he  was in striking position to win both races and got picked off
I think the wonder from down under won just 1 race on that unending card. The first race.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 10:45:47 PM »
1 for 12.. a $4000 purse

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 11:11:01 PM »
Funny how many on here who hate Yannick, love Dexter. IMO, they do a lot of the same crap, similar styles and errors I feel they are both "overdrivers" way too often. If I were still handing over lines, I'd go to Todd Mcarthy over Dunn. That guy is sharp

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2023, 11:58:43 AM »
You're right Fugs, I think that some people judge performance by color, so they have favorite ones, and some that they dislike. To see if you fall in this category, answer this."Does the driver you like have the same colors as your favorite nascar guy or sports team? Apply the same to the driver who you complain about the most! Be honest now!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2023, 12:50:54 PM »
You're right Fugs, I think that some people judge performance by color, so they have favorite ones, and some that they dislike. To see if you fall in this category, answer this."Does the driver you like have the same colors as your favorite nascar guy or sports team? Apply the same to the driver who you complain about the most! Be honest now!
For some people, maybe. I hate Nascar.  lol   I judge how they sit a bike, where their hand holds are, use of whip, if they have speed in their wrists and that "it" factor, working out trips, their horses ears spun towards them, and so on,, I dont wore if the wore a solid black robe like Hugh Hefner. One point about drivers, I know I have been somewhat critical of Dexter Dunn. I just dont get the total fascination with him. So, I would like to ask a question of his fans and independent observers. Given his talent, ability to sit a bike and make a horse go, why does he look so "Raw" so often?

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2023, 01:30:42 PM »
There is a reason they all bleed.  He doesn't put any miles into them to strengthen there pulmonary system.  He has ten 300pd chubbos rubbing 8 head each.  He has himself and 3-4 riders at best that have to move all those horses.  They go 3 miles at about a 4min clip and go right back to the barn. 

He has become a great person to buy off of if you have the time to leg them up and put the work into them.  I can't really think of a horse he's sold that hasn't went forward or been a bad buy?
Do you have any proof that putting more miles into them strengthen there pulmonary system? I have never heard of that before. I for one would like to see the research papers on this. Thanks

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2023, 01:50:22 PM »
Do you have any proof that putting more miles into them strengthen there pulmonary system? I have never heard of that before. I for one would like to see the research papers on this. Thanks
Buddy Gilmour for one was heavy into long sloooow jogging not just for endurance but lung development. He used to tell the boys, "dont bring em back till they're blowing just a bit"

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2023, 02:22:43 PM »
Buddy Gilmour for one was heavy into long sloooow jogging not just for endurance but lung development. He used to tell the boys, "dont bring em back till they're blowing just a bit"
Many people do that Fug. I would like to see some proof of it in writing. I doubt there is any.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal