Author Topic: Watched 2 Aussie races  (Read 1646 times)

dinkadoo

• Elite
Watched 2 Aussie races
« on: April 17, 2020, 12:25:13 AM »
And in two races they will not give up a hole. Both races the favorite was parked with no thoughts of getting let go. Dave Pauline would not like this place where he used to everyone grabbing up to let him clear.

Second - it’s close to dog racing where they just crash their way out of a hole and not even get a look from the judges. The last turn is like watching the first turn of a dog race.

Harness Stats

Re: Watched 2 Aussie races
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 01:51:06 AM »
Crazy over there  Race 3 the 2 horse gets looped and parked first over the entire mile and five 16ths and still finishes 3rd. 

Saw a race a few weeks ago the winner literally pushed a horse into the infield with a body block and didn't get DQd.  The driver was given 21 days though later on.

cornishcommish

• Open / FFA
Re: Watched 2 Aussie races
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 08:08:35 AM »
Back in the early 80s, we went down to race at Rosecroft one winter. At the opening night pre race meeting with drivers and trainers...the judge...think his name was Chip ....shared some of his thoughts
One was similar to what I read above. He said he would be tough on drivers who tried to drive into a hole that wasn't there, and on drivers who opened up holes for a parked driver. BUT, he said he would be more lenient on drivers who ,late in the race tried to drive out of a hole, where there was questionable clearance in order to try and win a race.
Announcer Robin Burns was at the meeting , and the next night his pre race interview was with Wayne TRUITT. He asked Wayne if the judges comments would affect him when he left with a horse from the 7 or 8 spot on the gate. Wayne quickly answered " only if I do NOT have any relatives who are inside me on the gate. There we're 4 Truits racing then at Rosecroft. Robin and others laughed. Soon after the interview....the phone rang in the paddock, Wayne was paged by Chip , the judge, who did not find his comment funny,

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal