Author Topic: My system concentrates on NW1.NW2,maiden races  (Read 2063 times)

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
My system concentrates on NW1.NW2,maiden races
« on: January 16, 2024, 12:28:46 PM »
Very littles drugs in these, catch improving horses, detect and toss gut/ blow out races, use alot of last Quarter and half, sometimes last 3 quarters in picking winners. Ive won 9 of the last 10 years doing this- I dont even look at any other races. Also playing into this system is a mastery of figuring all different track configurations because Im playing all N American harness tracks. Its more like old fashioned racing and often I feel like I know more what the horse is capable of than the connections do because I read qualifiers and  horses with 1 ,2 or 3 racing lines better than anubody.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 12:31:56 PM by LimeTime »

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
Re: My system concentrates on NW1.NW2,maiden races
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 12:48:16 PM »
Very littles drugs in these, catch improving horses, detect and toss gut/ blow out races, use alot of last Quarter and half, sometimes last 3 quarters in picking winners. Ive won 9 of the last 10 years doing this- I dont even look at any other races. Also playing into this system is a mastery of figuring all different track configurations because Im playing all N American harness tracks. Its more like old fashioned racing and often I feel like I know more what the horse is capable of than the connections do because I read qualifiers and  horses with 1 ,2 or 3 racing lines better than anubody.

You sound like you are on to something, care to share some upcoming picks ?

davenchop

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 04:31:10 PM »
yeah you discovered the secret to millions... ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
you cant lose if you dont bet

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 04:42:39 PM »
Horseplayers that stick with a well rounded plan,can do well. The guys that bet every race are defeated by the percentages. Self control is the only way to make a profit on a regular basis. The sad thing is that we all know somebody who thinks that they are winning every wager!

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 06:02:27 PM »
Another system. Didn't Dan and Scott Nance sell their picks from a system they had? Didn't Vince Bergamo sell his selections for a period of time? Go back to the early days when guys like Bob Marks and others from NY used to play the horses as their living. Myron Bell claimed he was a great handicapper, but who knows, LOL. John Brennan had an owner who was a pro who played NY racing, I forgot his name, but he was pretty good. Louie the Rock, Whitey, Phil (the clocker), Andy Berg, Les Stark,

Common sense may offer complacency that maiden races, NW1, 2, and so on are more "legit" than typical overnight races. I don't buy it. There's a small handful of "professionals" and people who make their living off betting. Everyone knows who they are. It's a grind. They used to tell me that they had to be "live" and "on track" to play, at least for the races. Clockers and others would watch horses warm up. In today's day and age it's harder. Very few horses actually stable on the grounds of the track. Plus it's a lifestyle if you want to be live and on tracking during the races. Every successful bettor who makes a living at this concentrates on one track for the most part, maybe two. Many of the pros from our game moved to t-breds. There's still a few in our game. Les Stark is one. Very sharp. Been at it a very long time. That in and of itself is a sign of success. All that aside, I don't buy that a "system" is going to outperform hard-core, expertise handicapping. The money management and betting construction is a different issue.

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 09:02:20 PM »
Another system. Didn't Dan and Scott Nance sell their picks from a system they had? Didn't Vince Bergamo sell his selections for a period of time? Go back to the early days when guys like Bob Marks and others from NY used to play the horses as their living. Myron Bell claimed he was a great handicapper, but who knows, LOL. John Brennan had an owner who was a pro who played NY racing, I forgot his name, but he was pretty good. Louie the Rock, Whitey, Phil (the clocker), Andy Berg, Les Stark,

Common sense may offer complacency that maiden races, NW1, 2, and so on are more "legit" than typical overnight races. I don't buy it. There's a small handful of "professionals" and people who make their living off betting. Everyone knows who they are. It's a grind. They used to tell me that they had to be "live" and "on track" to play, at least for the races. Clockers and others would watch horses warm up. In today's day and age it's harder. Very few horses actually stable on the grounds of the track. Plus it's a lifestyle if you want to be live and on tracking during the races. Every successful bettor who makes a living at this concentrates on one track for the most part, maybe two. Many of the pros from our game moved to t-breds. There's still a few in our game. Les Stark is one. Very sharp. Been at it a very long time. That in and of itself is a sign of success. All that aside, I don't buy that a "system" is going to outperform hard-core, expertise handicapping. The money management and betting construction is a different issue.

I used to see Andy Berg at the Meadowlands years ago when my uncle’s horses were racing that night.  We used to see him on the 2nd floor in that bar area.  Andy would show me his hand written sheets and ask how our horses looked that night.  The good old days.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 10:50:34 PM »
NW 1 and NW2 are the classes that a lot of horses are racing for a weekly check and the connections don't want to win and move up.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2024, 10:34:23 AM »
Another system. Didn't Dan and Scott Nance sell their picks from a system they had? Didn't Vince Bergamo sell his selections for a period of time? Go back to the early days when guys like Bob Marks and others from NY used to play the horses as their living. Myron Bell claimed he was a great handicapper, but who knows, LOL. John Brennan had an owner who was a pro who played NY racing, I forgot his name, but he was pretty good. Louie the Rock, Whitey, Phil (the clocker), Andy Berg, Les Stark, etc.

Common sense may offer complacency that maiden races, NW1, 2, and so on are more "legit" than typical overnight races. I don't buy it. There's a small handful of "professionals" and people who make their living off betting. Everyone knows who they are. It's a grind. They used to tell me that they had to be "live" and "on track" to play, at least for the races. Clockers and others would watch horses warm up. In today's day and age it's harder. Very few horses actually stable on the grounds of the track. Plus it's a lifestyle if you want to be live and on track during the races. Every successful bettor who makes a living at this concentrates on one track for the most part, maybe two. Many of the pros from our game moved to t-breds. There's still a few in our game. Les Stark is one. Very sharp. Been at it a very long time. That in and of itself is a sign of success. All that aside, I don't buy that a "system" is going to outperform hard-core, expertise handicapping. The money management and betting construction is a different issue.

bello

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2024, 10:44:49 AM »

Okay Lime Time....Races 1-5 and 9 at the meadows today fall into your category. Start a thread and post your selections. I would be glad to join in.

free programs at meadowsharnessrac ing.com
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:48:22 AM by bello »

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 10:54:35 AM »
I actually stay away from these races as too many trainers are not trying to win. Whether it to move out of the class as the races can pay top dollar for average claimers. There are trainers and drivers who make running second and third and ART FORM.....
or
One of the biggest stiff I ever saw at Hoosier Park -- which made sense when the horse appeared two weeks later in a series that had he won in a straight maiden --- would NOT have been eligible.... Horse crushed the series.....

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2024, 11:51:47 AM »
I actually stay away from these races as too many trainers are not trying to win. Whether it to move out of the class as the races can pay top dollar for average claimers. There are trainers and drivers who make running second and third and ART FORM.....
or
One of the biggest stiff I ever saw at Hoosier Park -- which made sense when the horse appeared two weeks later in a series that had he won in a straight maiden --- would NOT have been eligible.... Horse crushed the series.....
tmbz1 tmbz1 Agree 100% tmbz1 tmbz1
Not as much today, (because of catch drivers), but Boy oh Boy back in the day when there were many more ow/tr/drivers.
(Some of my best friends)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 11:53:22 AM by Meadow Ford »
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

onabrake

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2024, 01:04:32 PM »

When I see " I know more what the horse is capable of than the connections" plus playing "all N American harness tracks" and a last statement of better than anybody....... next question is why waste time on a forum like this????

Another here today gone tomorrow "I'm the best of anybody" joke. ANYBODY who is playing ALL N AMERICAN harness tracks is a guaranteed year over year gambling LOSER 100% of the time, period.

davenchop

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024, 06:52:27 PM »
NW 1 and NW2 are the classes that a lot of horses are racing for a weekly check and the connections don't want to win and move up.

at least one person on here lives in the real world.. for example today at miami.. race 9 "april spirit" is in nw1 or nw 2 mares trotters and the horse had made $89,642

davenchop

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2024, 07:05:27 PM »
and by the way the horse just went off at even money.... xxxxxxx

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2024, 05:53:32 AM »
And why can't this be used to betting advantage?  i.e., A low price toss in a p-4 or p-5??  Maybe OP is full of shit but the premise is solid AF.

jmvhmfo

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal