Author Topic: LEXINGTON YEARING SALE STARTS TONITE ....PREDICTIONS AND PRICES PLS POST  (Read 4276 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Captaintreacherous was a chased horse most the time…
Correct. Another one was Cam Fella. I like horses that refuse to lose. Tall Dark Stranger was headed several times and came back to win. I consider that a plus and not a flaw. IMO

horses first

• Elite
Day 2 ave at 97k higher than 2022 day 2 90k. Capt T seemed to slump with just a 77k average today on his hips sold. Those that left Father P for dead he has a decent crop of 2 yr old fair well and he averaged just over 100k for hips sold today. Better return with that 10k stud fee than prior years.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
Correct. Another one was Cam Fella. I like horses that refuse to lose. Tall Dark Stranger was headed several times and came back to win. I consider that a plus and not a flaw. IMO

Absolutely a plus. Hopefully he passes it on. The whole line going back to Meadow Skipper has been dead game.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Absolutely a plus. Hopefully he passes it on. The whole line going back to Meadow Skipper has been dead game.
Damn right. I had several Most Happy Fellas and they were as game as anything.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
What’s the story with William Pollock he is spending crazy money
I never heard of this guy till recently.  Is he related to Tom Pollock? Is Seven Colors his first horse? Certainly his first World Champ.  Might be superstitious too.  Paid SEVEN Hundred Thousand for a half brother to his other horse SEVEN Colors. 

Good luck to him spending this kind of money. 

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
Pollock bought his 10th yearling today for a $350K number, bringing his 10 total spent to $3.55 million.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
I never heard of this guy till recently.  Is he related to Tom Pollock? Is Seven Colors his first horse? Certainly his first World Champ.  Might be superstitious too.  Paid SEVEN Hundred Thousand for a half brother to his other horse SEVEN Colors. 

Good luck to him spending this kind of money.

no last names spelled differently

are you that fckin ignorant or just fckin spudid

wdf...
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

PineHurstPacer

• Top Claimer
I always thought of Alagna as more of a pacing trainer

he has really concentrated on trotters for a few years now

Parked

• Elite

Tds was brutalized by Yannick . He was not a willing horse when threatened.  A lot are selling cheap if he produces what they hope for.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Tds was brutalized by Yannick . He was not a willing horse when threatened.  A lot are selling cheap if he produces what they hope for.
Yeah, He was a disgrace. 22 starts with 19 wins and 2 places. Over 2 mill in the bank. They should have gelded him. Maybe he would have tried harder.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Oh he's good looking and checks all the boxes with pedigree but he is a Bettor's Delight and the family line is done.  Cam Fella - Cam's Card Shark - Bettor's Delight.....

Albatross - Niatross - Nihalator.......

SomeBeachSomeWher e - Captain Treacherous - Captain Crunch.......

There are many many more and I could go on and on but breeding and stallions have very distinctive traits over time.  Norman Hall gives some very good insight on this with hard statistics and facts.  He proves with numbers what the old timers know with there history.

They do great in NZ because they mature and get better with age. He's had like 20 millionaire down there, and they excel at the longer distances.

Their long suit is stamina.

Lazarus got better with age and I agree, most of them by him and his sons are not going to run early and over a mile.  The best one down there did a suspensory and was retired.  He ran against the best in Australasia a few wears back and won 4 times in 13 days.  The Interdominions required a horse to race Saturday, Wednesday and Saturday in heats and then the final a week later. He won all 4 and in three of the races he sat 3 wide for a lap and a half and buried them with incredible stamina and guts. 4 races over 4 different distances as a 4yo.

So no, as much as I like Lazarus (I'm a kiwi so I am a little biased), I would not buy one if I wanted a great 2yo. They will be few and far between.  Now put him to a Christian Cullen mare down there or if there are a few here and they are pure gold. That cross has returned over 150 different winners and at least a dozen or more out of CC mares are millionaires.

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
At the Lexington sale, Takter has purchased 13 yearlings.

“I think it’s a very strong sale,” Takter said. “There were a lot of nice individuals that I missed out on, that I would have liked to train, but I’m trying to stay away from going too crazy and filling my barn up with (high-priced) yearlings. I try to be a businesswoman when it comes down to it.

“It was hard to tell the bid-spotter once in a while ‘no’ because I really wanted the horses, but trying to be fiscally responsible for my owners is my No. 1 priority and my No. 1 job. So, that was a little frustrating. But I think we ended up with individuals that will do very well on the racetrack and can hopefully be some fun for their owners and make a little bit of a profit for them.”................fiscally responsible is not spending hundreds of thousands of dollars of OTHER people's money and then turning around and stating she hopes to make a LITTLE bit of a profit for them! She is basically admitting most owners are throwing away their money on these pipe dream highly priced yearlings! The insanity that goes on at these auctions is mind boggling!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 12:14:48 AM by wizardofoz »

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
Here we go boys bring home 43 for us

Under 350 yes pls
5 or 10% for your portion?
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Casualfan1

• Top Claimer
Pollock bought his 10th yearling today for a $350K number, bringing his 10 total spent to $3.55 million.

If I was spending the money these owners are for Andrew Harris and Andy and Julie I’d be giving the pacers to  Pelling, Steve Elliott and the trotters to Ake Melander or Noel Daley.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
He spent $3.2 million on only 9 yearlings.  This is ridiculous.  Add on $50k EACH one for training and stakes fees next year, which is another half a million, and where are you if MOST, if not ALL, are busts as 2 year olds?  Anyone here who was given $100,000 free cash to spend on an auction would be more successful picking something out then these lunatic owners, with their hot-shot trainers are, who are supporting the breeding farms..........“Obviously, Andrew Harris and Mr. Pollock came in here strong and determined and he was very successful in his purchases,” Reid said. “I had nine on my list,” Harris said. “I told Bill, ‘If we get like six or seven of the nine, that would be great.’ He said, ‘No, we go nine-for-nine.’ I kind of figured early that we were going to come home with all nine. “[Pollock] understands that building a stable wasn’t going to be a one-year deal. It’s going to take a couple of years to build it up and he’s fully aware that at this level some horses aren’t going to work out and some are. To be a part of this, you’ve got to chase it and that’s what he wants. He wants to be at the top of the game, so to be at the top of the game it’s going to cost SOME money.”

It will cost around $25k each at 2 to stake horses that are expected to play at this level. From what I’ve seen so far Andrew is also listed as owner on the ones racing. I’m guessing he will s training them on deals.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    May 24, 2024, 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    May 24, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal