Author Topic: Pet Peeve of Mine..... B and C tracks and their little stake races.  (Read 1651 times)

dinkadoo

• Elite
Bunker Hill Trot racing for $100,000 at Plainridge today.

Not a single horse in the race started in their last race ( and probably never ) at Plainridge Park.

Scheduled to go off at 600p, not sure how many people in the residing area of the track are thinking I need to get off work early on Monday to get to the races.
Or they're saying to themselves, hurry honey, get in the car, Scott Zeron is driving this afternoon.

My point is, what value does a race like this have to the local gamblers and local horsemen, to watch a $100k be raced for and the money head out of town and out of state ?

I always wish that a race of this sorts be scrapped and instead write a condition or claiming series for the local horsemen and for horses that race there week in/out ? Perhaps a stipulation that the horse would need to have started XX amount of times to be eligible.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine

Not a single horse in the race started in their last race ( and probably never ) at Plainridge Park.

Scheduled to go off at 600p, not sure how many people in the residing area of the track are thinking I need to get off work early on Monday to get to the races.
Or they're saying to themselves, hurry honey, get in the car, Scott Zeron is driving this afternoon.

My point is, what value does a race like this have to the local gamblers and local horsemen, to watch a $100k be raced for and the money head out of town and out of state ?

I always wish that a race of this sorts be scrapped and instead write a condition or claiming series for the local horsemen and for horses that race there week in/out ? Perhaps a stipulation that the horse would need to have started XX amount of times to be eligible.

tmbz1 DINK!  GO feed Mage a Fuji Apple, some melon and Smile BRO!  tmbz1

One of my 2 races today coincidentally, Race 7 (600pm) exacta box #1 Bright Expectation & #4 Inter Mischief!  Trainer Sullivan, #4, is on a multiple race winning streak, #1 looked like an unholy monster at NFLD (Bad drive though, first 1/2 2 seconds faster than needed to be)!   ;D
It's Official!

Open bridle

• Open / FFA

My point is, what value does a race like this have to the local gamblers and local horsemen, to watch a $100k be raced for and the money head out of town and out of state ? I agree, it's like that in Ohio. The local horsemen have no moat.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
tmbz1 DINK!  GO feed Mage a Fuji Apple, some melon and Smile BRO!  tmbz1

One of my 2 races today coincidentally, Race 7 (600pm) exacta box #1 Bright Expectation & #4 Inter Mischief!  Trainer Sullivan, #4, is on a multiple race winning streak, #1 looked like an unholy monster at NFLD (Bad drive though, first 1/2 2 seconds faster than needed to be)!   ;D

1 outclassed but the 4, peee heeew drive by Kevin Switzer Jr, wow, what a load! 

If you watched the 7 Herodotus his last race at Poconos, he was slowing down a few dozen feet before the wire and needed some taps, literally legs stopping (did not win easy)!  Ok exacta, short triple with 3/5 out! 
It's Official!

dinkadoo

• Elite
Total wagered on $100k race - with all horses from out of state.

about $27,703

Well below the average for Monticello yesterday afternoon.
So this race which did nothing for the locals --- But Ake says thank you with check in pocket.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
Total wagered on $100k race - with all horses from out of state.

about $27,703

Well below the average for Monticello yesterday afternoon.
So this race which did nothing for the locals --- But Ake says thank you with check in pocket.

Dink you might find this interesting, the race is serviced by the The Hambletonian Society, Inc., Plainridge Park Track owned company Plainville Gaming and Redevelopment, LLC. sponsored the race, they are trying to facilitate their job (racing and gaming, real estate) and build their name with branding:

https://www.hambletonian.com/upcomingstakes/battleofbunkerhill
It's Official!

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel

Scioto starting meet w/ same plan.  all sorts of series for out of town owners and trainers.  All at the expense of the reliable regulars that fill the cards week in and week out.   The usual trainers, owners and grooms suffer two weeks trying to meet expenses, and, no look out from the track or the association.   

Brown jug

• Elite
here is the thing re the locals, they very likely dont spend much money  on those horses they race every week, thats fine all tracks need those grinders
but on a larger industry scale these races help support and increase the prices of yearlings which supports a lot of breeding farms etc
you cant just repeat the same old horses every week just rewrapped in a "series"

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal