Author Topic: Ron Burke perfect preparation for a race!  (Read 10569 times)

The Exporter

• Elite
Re: Ron Burke perfect preparation for a race!
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2021, 08:39:33 AM »
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 some peoples kids shouldn't be allowed on here... first, most of you are either fans or haters of the sport and know absolutely nothing about the game. Horse racing is a skill. Its not of a skill than football, basketball, baseball. Nascar, way more of a skill than anything. If you are a trainer or driver this would have been said already. So when you degenerates actually know what the hell your talking about, then talk shit. If it's not a skill why do trainer drivers have to take a test? Do you need to take a test to play football? No. Do you take a test to swing a baseball bat? Nope. A test for basketball? Negative. Test to drive a Nascar yepper. Don't ever say racing horses isn't a skill.
You don't believe playing football or hitting a baseball is skillful? Of course training a horse or driving a race takes skill but, please explain why the others don't.

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2021, 09:08:01 AM »
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 some peoples kids shouldn't be allowed on here... first, most of you are either fans or haters of the sport and know absolutely nothing about the game. Horse racing is a skill. Its not of a skill than football, basketball, baseball. Nascar, way more of a skill than anything. If you are a trainer or driver this would have been said already. So when you degenerates actually know what the hell your talking about, then talk shit. If it's not a skill why do trainer drivers have to take a test? Do you need to take a test to play football? No. Do you take a test to swing a baseball bat? Nope. A test for basketball? Negative. Test to drive a Nascar yepper. Don't ever say racing horses isn't a skill.

Definitely a skill even though its not something that will ever be appreciated by the masses due to the sports limited appeal!

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2021, 11:31:05 PM »
Anyone who knows anything about the Burkes in the earlier days knows they are not without their infractions. Maybe a little bit before Ron's primetime.

But their stock is 100% different now. They obviously know how to manage these horses. They get the vet work they need, they place them where they can win, and get some super high quality stock to work with. Unless they are ahead of the testing, which I guess is possible, at the top levels they can't be cheating at this point.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2021, 10:03:24 AM »
Anyone who knows anything about the Burkes in the earlier days knows they are not without their infractions. Maybe a little bit before Ron's primetime.

But their stock is 100% different now. They obviously know how to manage these horses. They get the vet work they need, they place them where they can win, and get some super high quality stock to work with. Unless they are ahead of the testing, which I guess is possible, at the top levels they can't be cheating at this point.

Along with a little tubing on the side, what's not to like? Trust me on this one.

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2021, 10:27:44 AM »
  Along with a little tubing on the side, what's not to like? Trust me on this one.

Fat: I'm not a fan or hater of Mr. Burke but my question to everyone who thinks he uses anything to gain an advantage is that with the size of his operation, I assume he's got horses all over the place in different states ..There are multiple second trainers, grooms etc that oversee his operations, He can't be everywhere ..Don't you think someone would have snitched after all this time...There's always a disgruntled\fired  employee or someone who likes to brag about getting away with cheating.. They would all have to be tighter lipped than the Gambino crime family and even those guys ratted on each other to save their own skins..
Just my thoughts..

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2021, 10:30:21 AM »
Granted Burke has a lot of wins and money made at the end of the year. And he also has Lots and Lots of horses. And he has lots of babies that he and his partners pay big money for that show up with minimal ability and just go away. He does well, but it's not like 100% of his horses become "killers" once he gets them in his barn. But I guess with as much money as he makes, he can afford to have six-figure babies just disappear.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2021, 10:47:04 AM »
Fat: I'm not a fan or hater of Mr. Burke but my question to everyone who thinks he uses anything to gain an advantage is that with the size of his operation, I assume he's got horses all over the place in different states ..There are multiple second trainers, grooms etc that oversee his operations, He can't be everywhere ..Don't you think someone would have snitched after all this time...There's always a disgruntled\fired  employee or someone who likes to brag about getting away with cheating.. They would all have to be tighter lipped than the Gambino crime family and even those guys ratted on each other to save their own skins..
Just my thoughts..

It's mostly a numbers game at his level, however everyone gets paid to do a job as well.

Dels Finest

• 4 claimer
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2021, 07:47:20 PM »
GO FUCK YOURSELF  WOOF WOOF WOOF

Thats what your mother said before I fucked her into her grave cunt

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2021, 11:54:25 PM »
But I guess with as much money as he makes, he can afford to have six-figure babies just disappear.

This is a great point. If you have some time, go back through the "Twos in Training" videos done by the Harness Racing Update team over the last few years.

Where did all these horses go? I can count on one hand the number of horses from the last 3 years of Twos in Training I recognize. Burke has done it every year. And - I appreciate that. I LOVE the twos in training videos.

But honestly - where are all these horses? Probably the fillies are broodmares. But take an hour and bump up the Twos in Training videos off of Pathway's performance reports, and it's a shitshow.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2021, 08:56:44 AM »
I agree that they spend lots of money and buy lots of horses. But been watching the Meadows lately and his horses are absolutely horrible one week then run off the screen the next. It happens regularly there. Unfortunately haven’t figured out the exact pattern yet. There is always good money to be made when they go backwards

swoodall

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2021, 01:51:33 AM »
Mickey Burke  :1 begat Ron Burke

Brian Pelling  :1 begat Brett Pelling

Colin Johnson  :1 begat Cory Johnson

Bill Robinson begat  :1 .....oh you get the point!

Cheaters never fall far from the family tree. 77z.chf 91.jzail

Anyone defending these family of cheaters is either involved with them or a stupid inbred hillbilly. 94z.sm

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2021, 08:00:41 AM »
In this industry everyone is cheating!!!!!! Its 2021 and we act like this sport is “PURE” cmon fellas this is an absolute Joke to even talk about everyones hands are dirty its just the name of the game!!!!! Yes I agree maybe not every horse is gassed because reading the condition sheet is a mist as avtrainer little Joe did that very well in illinois for awhile!!!!!! Best woute from little Joe after a saturday nite!!!!!! Guy asked Joe hey when did u know your horse was goin to win at the half at the three quarters? Joe replied after the draw!!!!But we all know theres dirty in this industry!!!!

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2021, 10:12:20 AM »
To the observer, looks like an awful lot cheat (I dont think it's fair to say all).  The tapes associated with the Allard court case paint a very very harsh unforgiving window into what is going on - it just confirms what gambler's have long known and what racing insiders have long denied and attempted to gloss over. Of course those insiders have much to gain by keeping the general public in the dark regarding death camps.

It so much reminds me of mlb in the 90s. I'd have exactly these same arguments with people regarding how guys like brady anderson and lenny dykstra went from being banjo hitters to monster long ball hitters. A lot of people in baseball didn't want to see what was obvious. I remember one guy suddendly jacking hrs whose forehead was widening a 1/4 inch every year explain to a sports reporter that it was all due to better nutrition. He said something like you cant take b vitamins at the same time you take iron. ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Dels Finest

• 4 claimer
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2021, 04:20:55 PM »
He ain't got no niggaz working for him

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2021, 04:34:24 PM »
easy to forget how dominate he is
four times the wins and earnings of the next closest
of course that will adjust/change in the heart of stakes season but in overnights he fills the boxes everywhere

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    Today at 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    Today at 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal