Author Topic: Skowhegan Hight Memorial horse  (Read 4908 times)

Seamus11

• Open / FFA
Skowhegan Hight Memorial horse
« on: August 21, 2021, 09:13:56 AM »
Heard from a reliable source that the Mackenzie dude is over $150,000 into that horse between the purchase, shipping etc.  Any truth?

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
Re: Skowhegan Hight Memorial horse
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 09:58:17 AM »
Whatever the price is, this is a REAL NICE horse. He obviously can afford it. Watched him go some serious miles at the Ridge right out of the box. With the purses in NY and Cushing races there, he can easily make the purchase price back. And then have a really nice horse for the future.

oldjohn123

• 4 claimer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 08:58:44 PM »
Whatever the price is, this is a REAL NICE horse. He obviously can afford it. Watched him go some serious miles at the Ridge right out of the box. With the purses in NY and Cushing races there, he can easily make the purchase price back. And then have a really nice horse for the future.
The training bill will be over 24,000 a year.
You have to take that into it. Trainer and driver get 5% each so house has to make 200,000 plus,if that is the price.

the double

• 4 claimer
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 09:47:33 PM »
The Cush makes out a expensive monthly bill

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 11:03:11 PM »
cushing stinks and robs his owners,and he thinks hes good,cushing will make moey and the owners will lose

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 12:49:11 AM »
decent horse. beat an ok field which the only real threat broke.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 04:47:31 AM »
    So is it better for the owner to have a bunch of trackmaster 60 and under horses or some nw of a race this year? Improving the quality of horses is a good thing. So are we going to hear complaints next that the owner lives in a really nice home when he could easily live in a tent?
    We have some big-time owners here. The Dillions, the Phipps, etc that have big stables that spend big money on horses too. And they keep spending each and every year

Wawajones

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 12:35:27 PM »
Hartt, Varney, Dillon, Phipps, Hight, all owners with money.

Seamus11

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 02:32:52 PM »
On that note (Phipps).... curious how there is never a word, good or bad, about the Athearn Stable.  Seems like they just fly under the radar, work hard.... and do a nice job.  True?

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2021, 12:48:36 AM »
athern stable should explane marks drive in the 8th race at skow town on saturday. mark spent whole race blocking the field so matty could win on their own horse.

bass park

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2021, 08:51:54 PM »
Matt athearn got lost the drive on stihl n at plainridge because he had a hissy fit at the trainer when mchugh replaced him with dexter dunn in the 50k race. Dunn didnt drive and graffam ended up driving. True story.
Chief is right on. It was obvious.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 06:55:22 AM »
The Bird threw in a clunker at the Ridge yesterday and didn't hit the board.

Seamus11

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2021, 08:59:02 AM »
Those were some nice horses... but he looked very “average.”  Me thinks it will take a while to make his money back.  However, with Windsor coming up.... and the track being a bit short of a half mile😳😳... could he be the first to break 1:50 there???

the double

• 4 claimer
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2021, 04:07:56 PM »
lol  73cv.2 ngc3

PSA1970

• NW-1
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2021, 09:36:59 PM »
Setting things straight

1) My last name is Spelled “McKenzie”

2) The reliable source is “not so reliable” because the total amount of this horse was not $150,000 but thank you for building value in the horse

3) Horse has raced 4 times and made $30,000+ for me, you all do the math. An average horse races 24-28 times a year and knowing this horse is headed south once it’s fully acclimated (since it’s Winter time in Australia and he isn’t 100% himself yet, had to literally shave his winter hair off when he arrived) I don’t see there being a problem getting my money back. However, if any of you actually knew me, it’s not about the money.

4) I’ve had 5-6 different trainers over the 30+ years of owning horses and Cushing’s training bills have been right there in the middle of the pack. If anything my bills are probably higher then others because I tell Ron to buy top quality items (Brand Names) and have Vets do whatever my horses may need.  I don’t cut corners with their care as so many others might do.

5) If Cushing robs his owners then why does he charge just $100 for shoeing. Has to be the cheapest in the state.  Many of Cushing’s owners are business men or women and run successful business and I will not speak on their behalf but for me I know all the numbers and what’s happening to the point that I am willing to spend money for quality horses with the guy.

6) The race thursday.  Ron never pulled the plugs or pushed the horse BECAUSE he could tell he was not the same so he did what was right by the horse and pulled him back in behind another horse coming home.   There are a few drivers that would of put the whip to him many times when turning for home.  I know most of you want the glory of winning one race in an extremely fast time and jeopardize having a nice/great open horse for 3-4 years to come

7) To Seamus11- think twice before betting on your reliable source or speaking about things you are getting second hand.

8) To oldjohn123- please factor in that after every race the Bird Dance races I give Ron an extra 10% in cash in hand on what he makes after the 5% trainer and driver fee. Just as a thank you!!

9) To the double- aka 4claimers.  It cost just as much to keep a cheap 4claimer as a really nice one.  If not more because they need more vet work. And I take it you’ve personally had Cushing as your trainer so you are talking from experience about his billing RIGHT?

10) To Pigland- I take it that Cushing has beaten you a few times and cost you money!  Living legends don’t hide behind a screen name.

11) To deracingfan- only time will tell.  The horse has a life time record of 35 starts 20 wins racing against the top horses down under, he has 4 starts in the US with 3 wins in the top classes….Must be something of an open horse seeing I’ve already had offers of more then I paid for him just after 4 races. The second win at Plainridge when Ranger tried to back down the half in the WINNERS OVER (56.1) My horse came from last, his back half in like 53.3 and win the race and the ear plugs never got pulled.  Things that make you go “Hmmmmm…”

In conclusion you all know who PSM1970 is and I won’t hide behind a screen name or talk about things that I don’t have the true facts and knowledge of, and that is extremely reliable.

Jealousy really is a bitch

Scott

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal