Author Topic: Meadowlands Pace Supplement  (Read 6180 times)

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Re: Meadowlands Pace Supplement
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2023, 10:07:22 PM »
An iconic moment in the harness world. Still remember chatting the next day with a woman who owned horses and raced at big m. Better than respectable career for PM, but i would guess a few moments that still haunt. Pierce one of the best alltime.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2023, 03:01:29 PM »
If you want the top colts, just have an invitation only 3yr old pace. Let the tracks put up the purse. Ya gotta pay to get the best

Which tracks have that kind of money today?  Definitely not any 1/2 mile tracks as this defeats the purpose [Unless you do 9 horse field at Northfield as you have the longest start (with the exception of Delaware)]!  A bad draw means little chance! 

Meadowlands?
Vernon?
Tioga?

Chime in please!

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2023, 02:57:10 PM »
Little surprised this didnt get done for Im Not In the Show. Duke nation was certainly behind a better race but i guess $ did not materialize despite fan support.

Im tabbing dr ians horse coming down from canada and el rey as possible longshots in final. Confederate is probable and well deserving favorite. But vouk and fulton will take action and so might christchurch.

Obviously im not committed until i see elims and final draw.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2023, 03:48:14 PM »
You're right ,need a big track Hoosier, Meds, Vernon (hard to draw crowd).  Agree it would be hard to do on a 1/2, but Yonkers does the International Trot. And the only 1/2 mile track people care about is the LBJ. I would love to see Lexington get involved, they have power to get it done. If you want a crazy idea, have 3yr old invite, start with the top 10 3 yr olds,100k entry fee, if ya don't wanna pay ya can't play. Then go to the next best. Let the owners put up the $. 

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2023, 05:14:13 PM »
You're right ,need a big track Hoosier, Meds, Vernon (hard to draw crowd).  Agree it would be hard to do on a 1/2, but Yonkers does the International Trot. And the only 1/2 mile track people care about is the LBJ. I would love to see Lexington get involved, they have power to get it done. If you want a crazy idea, have 3yr old invite, start with the top 10 3 yr olds,100k entry fee, if ya don't wanna pay ya can't play. Then go to the next best. Let the owners put up the $.

Ahh was this the concept of the Canadian Trot? Are you presenting this as your own novel Idea GP?
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2023, 06:40:43 PM »
No, but a little different. No 100k buy in for the 10 people with an extra 100 grand to spend. Only pay if you are invited, if you don't accept they draw #11, and go till filled. Make it a 5 day detention. I never said anything about copying Mohawk. Just a true invitation only.  By the way I'm not Greg, though I do know him. I have no beef with him, my dealings with him had no drama. Everything worked out just like it as supposed to. I don't care about all the drama, I just respect winning a Hambletonian. Awesome horse, like I said he's mentally ill. Has he ever done anyting to you or anyone on here.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal