Author Topic: Meadowlands Pace Supplement  (Read 6184 times)

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Meadowlands Pace Supplement
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2023, 09:53:48 PM »
Can’t win it if your not in it

Pay the supplement or watch on sidelines
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2023, 11:49:58 PM »
Supplemental fees should be done away with altogether.  It is a ridiculous concept. You have to be 'in it to win it'.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2023, 07:02:08 AM »
To all the other owners that paid the staking fees or would have supplemented when supplemental payment was due. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY should this ever be considered. Pay to play, or pack up and go home.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2023, 07:52:14 AM »
I'm not against charging a supplement fee.  But make it reasonable. If it were like $25k that horse would be racing!   tmbz1

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2023, 08:12:55 AM »
I'm not against charging a supplement fee.  But make it reasonable. If it were like $25k that horse would be racing!   tmbz1

You pay late. you pay a bigger entry fee. Why should the guys that pay stakes fees February through May, without knowing how a horse may turn out during the season, give away the edge to a horse that turns out well, and can be allowed to drop in the same stakes race for a cheap supplement? Come on. If it were anyone of us this wouldnt be a topic to to a thread.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2023, 08:21:51 AM »
Try this on for size: No nomination or sustaining payments. Then large nomination 30 days prior to the event , a large fee to declare and a larger fee to start. All added to a corporate and track sponsored purse.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2023, 09:58:50 AM »
Im on this. Trying to get in contact with mike p .  We'll set up "Putt on Show" gofund me. Overwhelming fan demand for this should end issue. Wouldnt surprise me  if a anonymous donor ("deep pocket jeff") kicks in big coin.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2023, 10:05:12 AM »
This is another example of where harness racing has it wrong. Fans want to see the best horses in the top races. Another reason harness racing cannot support itself without government handouts.

Maybe the 2 x a year live attendee want to see the “top” horse but in so many cases the big buildup brings in a larger crowd and the the “Big Gun” gets beat. 

Previous race Speed is not everything . Look at last weeks open at Mlands.  World record horse get beat by longest shot on the board and many loved it.  I did at $50+$

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2023, 10:35:20 AM »
Maybe the 2 x a year live attendee want to see the “top” horse but in so many cases the big buildup brings in a larger crowd and the the “Big Gun” gets beat. 

Previous race Speed is not everything . Look at last weeks open at Mlands.  World record horse get beat by longest shot on the board and many loved it.  I did at $50+$

That was great to see

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2023, 11:54:51 AM »
All of this mildly amusing. Would be very nice to have put on a show in Pace. I, would really like it myself  Understand it aint gonna happen unless someone puts up dough and that aint gonna be mr geral.

The concept of racing bettors having influence may be slightly outdated if it ever existed at all. Reality now is bettors have little influence on what goes on in racing industry. They (bettors) are a really just valuable for maintaing a useful pr illusion. Imho,  they are a part of a veil maintained so the $$$$ makers behind the scene can continue to profit fron  this corrupt byzantine golden goose industry that a few folks make great $ off. To continue taxpayer funding based industry, a illusory veil must be projected for public image consumption that there is actually a need and value for harness. Once standardbred racing ceased being a going concern and needed lots and lots of gvt funding, what little juice the betting public had to demand anything had totally evaporated.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2023, 12:40:00 PM »
Add up all the payments YOU make, the money you spent to keep horses eligible. The  Supplement guy has no skin in the game, just throw one fee and all is good. Most of the people who stake horses generally have more than one their staking. Everybody else takes the risk, no risk for the Supplemental entry. There have been plenty of good horses that have missed races because they weren't eligible. Thats why they have conditions to the stakes     

racing123

• Top Claimer
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2023, 01:09:02 PM »
as a bettor i want the NA cup winner in the race because he'd take money and he'd be my first toss out...he's an absolute bet against if he was in the Pace

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2023, 06:23:42 PM »
That is why racing has lost most of its fans and has to depend on government handouts to even exist.
Handouts have nothing to do with stakes races especially classic ones like this. 

These races are for the breeders and owners first.  Most of them do not want a gelding to win a race like this. They want a stud for the resume.  Ask breeders like Diamond Creek.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2023, 06:37:42 PM »
Handouts have nothing to do with stakes races especially classic ones like this. 

These races are for the breeders and owners first.  Most of them do not want a gelding to win a race like this. They want a stud for the resume.  Ask breeders like Diamond Creek.

There are enough big races so most of the top prospective sires can get a list.  Just something to fill up catalog pages with trivia. 

vcjt1961

• NW-1
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2023, 07:22:43 PM »
I will make this statement right now. Its my show will not will against that crop of 3 year olds on a mile track anyway!!!!!!!!!! thats why he is not supplemented i  guarantee that was the thought process going in the MLPace. the people that own and train that horse know what they are doing.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    Today at 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    Today at 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    Today at 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal