Author Topic: RACING HORSEMEN ARE PUTTING THE PUBLIC IN DANGER  (Read 17437 times)

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
Re: RACING HORSEMEN ARE PUTTING THE PUBLIC IN DANGER
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »
How is the paddock any worse than grocery store?  Yesterday there was 9 check outs open at least 10 people in each line in an area around 100’x100’

slimshady

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 01:02:14 PM »
Stan  ....   Kinda need grocery stores.   

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2020, 02:15:28 PM »
I would agree with that Slim but most people also need to work!! No matter what profession they are in. My grooms make $600 a week and average another $300/week for paddocking. A $1200 a month hit is more than most can afford

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2020, 02:19:37 PM »
Besides the fact that there year end bonus could be growing fast with a few of the thieves out of business and the rest scrambling for new products and suppliers

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2020, 02:38:46 PM »
serious times
everyone must do their part and this can be controlled
any industry that can keep people working to help support a very fragile economy is a must
many tracks have been shut down based on a confirmed case and that is the correct action
but in areas where there is no confirmed case take all precautions necessary until further notice and carry on
lets face it  horse racing can put on a card with minimal support  people and the lack of fans does nothing to detract from the product

PaysonPark

• Top Claimer
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2020, 03:19:32 PM »
If the USA can keep things below  17,000 cornavirus hospitalizations per week nationally, things will stay in control infrastructure wise.   
Keep your eye on that statistic !!

Are you a Doctor or public health professional?  What data do you base this prognosis on?  If you re going to make a outlandish statement please quote the reference material supporting your comment.  Hospitalizations vary greatly in the amount of care each patient needs.  In our hospital there are no magic numbers.  There is insufficient data currently to make any prognostications.

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2020, 03:27:59 PM »
I WAS AT SARATOGO YESTERDAY AND EVERYONE WAS HEALTHY AND HAVING A GREAT TIME AND THE RACING WAS EXCELLENT. THIS IS ALL BEING BLOWN UP TO HURT PRESIDENT TRUMP POLITICALLY.

This...this isn't how it works. Healthy people can be carriers and infect others. So you're basically admitted you're fine with infecting the elderly. Go fuck yourself.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2020, 03:48:59 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but isn't the seasonal flu more deadly than this virus?

The numbers suggest you are correct...for now.

Harness Stats

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2020, 03:54:58 PM »
Overall numbers yes so far.

Problem is that this thing has a much higher percentage of fatalities.  3 or 4 times more so I've heard in a lot of places.

slimshady

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2020, 04:44:15 PM »
Payson   .....  I was simply basing my number on the number of flu hospitalisations that our health system has been able to survive under for the last 10 years.
I made the assumption that this virus doesn't require anymore respirators or ventilators than any other flu has.  In fact I added on 5% as if it will.   Little buffer.

Just a little math exercise based on historical facts and a couple of assumptions.

No one will be hurt by it.    It doesn't change a damn thing.   
Just like reading a race program and trying to decide who is going to win the 5th.

slimshady

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2020, 04:49:31 PM »
Stan  ....   I'm with you about racing.   I don't see any reason why horses can't race with no one in the stands.  Keep that 6 foot safe zone between you and the next person in the barn.
Don't touch anyone else's equipment, which no one needs to or does.
Arrive as close to race time as possible.   Leave as soon after as possible.

My comment to your post was really specific to grocery stores. 
I think they will need to be kept open as long as someone is willing to show up for work.

Harness Stats

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2020, 05:02:35 PM »
Sorry but those last two posts were like an old movie  "Dumb and Dumber"

slimshady

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2020, 05:48:06 PM »
"Overall numbers yes so far.

Problem is that this thing has a much higher percentage of fatalities.  3 or 4 times more so I've heard in a lot of places."

Harness Stats  ....   Nice to hear from the brilliant one.   So you've heard.   Form who, your cousin who used to live in Wuhan, but still has connections in the medical community there.  You have no more idea what fatality rate this has than any other flu.    For crying out loud, give it a little thought.
This virus has been so mild in many cases, no one has any idea how many people have had it and didn't even notice it.   So of course, those don't show up on any calculation for fatality rate.
I'll leave it at that.   I'm the dumb one, but you are quoting bs like everyone else. 
At least I admit from the beginning, I'm just playing with numbers. 

slimshady

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2020, 06:12:53 PM »
"6 out of 7 cases may go undetected"  ....    but Harness Stats, the all knowing, is all over the fatality rate statistics.

Study funded by the National Institute of Health

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2020, 06:23:21 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but isn't the seasonal flu more deadly than this virus?

No. It's magnitudes more deadly.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    Today at 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal