Author Topic: Are Drivers Ever Assigned By the Race Secretary ?  (Read 2698 times)

makingit

• Open / FFA
Are Drivers Ever Assigned By the Race Secretary ?
« on: September 13, 2020, 08:00:18 PM »
Does the trainer always pick the driver? Saw some pretty good drivers who were not in a race today and available and the driver used was driving in his only race he had on the card?  Do not know if he is good, but I saw that Tetrick, Simons,Lachance, and Callahan were all available and drove in the previous race and the race after. Why wouldn't a trainer go with one of the better or more experienced drivers?  Are drivers ever assigned and then the trainer is told?

makingit

• Open / FFA
Re: Are Drivers Ever Assigned By the Race Secretary ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 08:13:36 PM »
Thanks ! Did not know.

Carnival People

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 04:24:13 AM »
Does the trainer always pick the driver? Saw some pretty good drivers who were not in a race today and available and the driver used was driving in his only race he had on the card?  Do not know if he is good, but I saw that Tetrick, Simons,Lachance, and Callahan were all available and drove in the previous race and the race after. Why wouldn't a trainer go with one of the better or more experienced drivers?  Are drivers ever assigned and then the trainer is told?

Only when a driver is needed and the judges cannot contact the trainer before deadline.  Even then it's the judges who put down a driver.  Sometimes they have a pet driver they are trying to promote,  but it should be whoever is available in order of stats.   Also I cant believe that you put lachance in a list of available drivers.  He is not a driver.  He stinks.  His father was a driver.  He's awful and he had 30 years to improve but he hasn't.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 07:19:47 AM »
Only when a driver is needed and the judges cannot contact the trainer before deadline.  Even then it's the judges who put down a driver.  Sometimes they have a pet driver they are trying to promote,  but it should be whoever is available in order of stats.   Also I cant believe that you put lachance in a list of available drivers.  He is not a driver.  He stinks.  His father was a driver.  He's awful and he had 30 years to improve but he hasn't.
tmbz1 tmbz1

makingit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 08:01:54 AM »
Carnival People,
Thanks for the info.  You may be right. I am old and use to watch the father drive.  I am probably getting a little confused. I don't know much about the younger Lachance but figured he may be better than the driver they used that day. Probably can't give much weight to the name when they have different abilities. Thanks again for the input !

dukeman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 08:52:31 AM »
/i do know that at monti when you couldn't get zeke etc. to drive they would put john desimone down to drive for you
“If wishes were horses, beggars would ride”

Lotsofpace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 09:24:19 AM »
/i do know that at monti when you couldn't get zeke etc. to drive they would put john desimone down to drive for you

Johnny D can wheel one!!!
been around along time.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal