Author Topic: ERV MILLER IS MINUS $1.3 MILLION SO FAR AT HOOSIER WITH THE BABIES  (Read 4569 times)

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
Re: ERV MILLER IS MINUS $1.3 MILLION SO FAR AT HOOSIER WITH THE BABIES
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2023, 05:12:59 AM »
This is not a business / hobby for the weak of heart or those with thin wallets. Before you spend a dime in this sport just assume you're going to lose every dime you put in. If you're ok with that, then have at it.

I've seen a hundred owners come and go. If you think this is an investment opportunity you're in for a rude awakening. Sure, you can hit it big. Win a bunch of races with a good stallion, have the mares lined up for breeding rights and all that. But how often does that happen?

But man, the possibilities. The what ifs. Watching a baby train down to something special. Seeing them win their first race. And the dreams of the big one. There's nothing like having a horse lined up on the gate for a million dollar race. Win or lose. You will never forget that experience.
Just from my experience. The only people that are assured of making money in harness racing are the catch drivers, the farriers and the vets. Buying babies is no different than buying a lottery ticket. You better have the extra cash to spend just for the enjoyment of taking that chance. And the odds are stacked way against you of ever making a profit. Long time owners understand  the odds and have the deep pockets to stay in the game. The others learn quickly it's a tough business and very expensive learning experience.

polish jola

• Top Claimer
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2023, 08:37:53 AM »
Tyler George purchased Rolling Rosie for $9500 at the 2021 Hoosier Classic yearling sale!  Where did you get this BS he bought the horse  at On Gait???  The only loss the horse suffered was ISS Final!  They took Jordan Ross off, and put Dexter Dunn up!  The AHOLE went to the 1/2 from the 8 post in 53.4 on a cold night!!  Had nothing left in the stretch!!  Hip #247!! Get your facts straight!!!

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2023, 09:59:10 AM »
Rolling Rosie made like 200k alone last year when Erv gave up on her and sold her on ongait fir 24k. There are plenty more. Tyler George is the best trainer in America right now.

thats a lie

horse was sold at hoosier classic sale for 9500

tell you what i will do meet me at hoosier put up 10grand i will match it

lets see who has more in total purse earnings at the end of the yr

i will take my trainer

u can have tyler

we have a bet?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 10:01:27 AM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2023, 11:04:57 AM »
Tyler George purchased Rolling Rosie for $9500 at the 2021 Hoosier Classic yearling sale!  Where did you get this BS he bought the horse  at On Gait???  The only loss the horse suffered was ISS Final!  They took Jordan Ross off, and put Dexter Dunn up!  The AHOLE went to the 1/2 from the 8 post in 53.4 on a cold night!!  Had nothing left in the stretch!!  Hip #247!! Get your facts straight!!!
Ha ha calling dexter Dunn an a hole and thinking in your mind Jordan Ross is a better driver. Now I see why you have horses with Brett Shelby a guy who has won about 20 races in his life. Get a clue pal. Dexter Dunn is in demand as the leading catch driver for the past five years. Has Jordan Ross ever been out of Indiana or Ohio. Only reason he is driving for USA this summer is the big guys don’t want to be bothered. They lose too much money when they do and it looks good to send a black person over there to represent the USA so we don’t look racist.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2023, 11:07:20 AM »
thats a lie

horse was sold at hoosier classic sale for 9500

tell you what i will do meet me at hoosier put up 10grand i will match it

lets see who has more in total purse earnings at the end of the yr

i will take my trainer

u can have tyler

we have a bet?
I wouldn’t make a bet like that because Erv has more horses then Tyler. Plus you are one of the owners that is purposely trying to lose money for a tax write off. I’ve seen your kind of owners. They just do it for tax purposes.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2023, 11:18:28 AM »
Why is anyone concerned about Erv Miller's money?

polish jola

• Top Claimer
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2023, 11:23:21 AM »
The fact I have Brett training is none of your business!! I sent her to Tyler, but she really wasn't good enough at the time!!  Now, she is racing pretty damn good for Brett and Heather French!! Besides, what would possess you to post a ridiculous item that Tyler purchased the horse at On Gait!!  Passing around 2nd hand info from your training friend, that is simply a fabrication is laughable!! And like I say, We are making $$$ with Lolly!!  She pays the bills!!

HoppleBurns

• Top Claimer
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2023, 04:25:50 PM »
Rolling Rosie made like 200k alone last year when Erv gave up on her and sold her on ongait fir 24k. There are plenty more. Tyler George is the best trainer in America right now.

Tyler bought rosie out of the yearling sale for less than 10g.  Get it right
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 04:28:33 PM by HoppleBurns »

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2023, 07:44:41 PM »
The fact I have Brett training is none of your business!! I sent her to Tyler, but she really wasn't good enough at the time!!  Now, she is racing pretty damn good for Brett and Heather French!! Besides, what would possess you to post a ridiculous item that Tyler purchased the horse at On Gait!!  Passing around 2nd hand info from your training friend, that is simply a fabrication is laughable!! And like I say, We are making $$$ with Lolly!!  She pays the bills!!
Tyler told your dumb ass that the filly wasn’t for him. As far as you makin* money with selby training is a fucking joke. That guy don’t know his ass from a hole in the wall. And you have the nerve to say dexter Dunn is an asshole. You’re a joke and your no count horses are making* money. Yeah sure you are You bullshitter. Brett is a nice guy but nothing more than a groom. Tyler George is the best trainer in America. When told you to take Lilly outta his barn, he told you exactly what he thought of her. Brett’s lifetime average of .042 is the amount of miles Tyler puts on his car every day to get away from people like you.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2023, 07:52:57 PM »

Tyler George is the best trainer in America.

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
He who laughs last, laughs best.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2023, 01:19:26 PM »
Why is anyone concerned about Erv Miller's money?

A better question should be why is everyone worried about anyone else's money on horseplop as well as the real world?   We have cellar dwellers to millionaires on this forum. 

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2023, 12:29:19 PM »
I doubt Erv is minus anything. But unless your his accountant, why does it matter?
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal