Author Topic: Another Awful Day in Saratoga  (Read 1470 times)

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
Another Awful Day in Saratoga
« on: August 26, 2023, 10:49:11 PM »
What in the world is going on at major thoroughbred tracks? Saratoga has always been known as the Graveyard for Favorites. Now it is just a graveyard for these equine athletes. Wednesday a horse had a coronary and died during a race. Jockey Luis Saez sustained a broken clavicle and arm. Today two more horses died on the track. One horse was only warming up. Then in a $500,000 stakes race New York Thunder, leading by 5 lengths in the stretch, broke a left front leg and was euthanized. Jockey Tyler Gafflione was banged up but ok thank goodness. This brings Saratoga horse deaths to 8 for this meet. I have to mention that while NY Thunder was winning easily by 5 lengths Gafflione hit the horse hard two times and after the second hit the horse went down. I don’t know why Gafflione was whipping the horse and I think he should explain his actions. Don’t be surprised if PETA begins going after the thoroughbred industry as they did with greyhound racing.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: Another Awful Day in Saratoga
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 11:01:33 PM »
What in the world is going on at major thoroughbred tracks? Saratoga has always been known as the Graveyard for Favorites. Now it is just a graveyard for these equine athletes. Wednesday a horse had a coronary and died during a race. Jockey Luis Saez sustained a broken clavicle and arm. Today two more horses died on the track. One horse was only warming up. Then in a $500,000 stakes race New York Thunder, leading by 5 lengths in the stretch, broke a left front leg and was euthanized. Jockey Tyler Gafflione was banged up but ok thank goodness. This brings Saratoga horse deaths to 8 for this meet. I have to mention that while NY Thunder was winning easily by 5 lengths Gafflione hit the horse hard two times and after the second hit the horse went down. I don’t know why Gafflione was whipping the horse and I think he should explain his actions. Don’t be surprised if PETA begins going after the thoroughbred industry as they did with greyhound racing.

I couldnt Agree more!
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

EPM

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 11:16:25 PM »
this is the harness section...please post t bred talk in the t bred section..ty tmbz1

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 11:52:18 PM »
Thankfully you can count the number of Standardbreds who die on the race track annually on one hand.

CMJAnew

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 06:36:32 AM »
Thankfully you can count the number of Standardbreds who die on the race track annually on one hand.

But we are seen as ONE industry by the public
Reread It

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 07:19:38 AM »
i think thats #15 this meet,its aqful

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2023, 11:25:50 AM »
i think thats #15 this meet,its aqful

Amazing the amount of people noticing how bad this meet as really been.  Of course NYRA might disagree.  But I know that the race office said that ticket sales were off and joked that the attendance #'s will be massaged to keep up appearances.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023, 12:50:10 PM »
Another near crazy thing happened there yesterday. In an Optional $62,500 claimer a horse won in an earlier race. The horse was claimed but then the vet voided the claim. Now the horse didn’t fall down or stagger off the track. He seemed fine in the winners circle and he obviously ran very fast. Was he visibly bleeding maybe, I don’t know. Whatever happened I commend the vet for stepping forward to protect the new owner. This was a claim off Rudy Rodriguez. Any thoughts ploppers?

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2023, 01:02:11 PM »
Another near crazy thing happened there yesterday. In an Optional $62,500 claimer a horse won in an earlier race. The horse was claimed but then the vet voided the claim. Now the horse didn’t fall down or stagger off the track. He seemed fine in the winners circle and he obviously ran very fast. Was he visibly bleeding maybe, I don’t know. Whatever happened I commend the vet for stepping forward to protect the new owner. This was a claim off Rudy Rodriguez. Any thoughts ploppers?

He's not the worst guy you can claim from. But sounds like he tested out, or like you mention was bleeding heavy.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2023, 02:15:10 PM »
The HISA protocol for claims is very stringent. It is not just a visual and flex test. I believe that it includes bone testing. HISA would have a field day in the Harness industry! It does not allow any liniments that irritate the skin(skirff). No Blistering  agents, no grabs of any kind on rear shoes.(toe grabs,borium)  and many other things that are common practice.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal