Author Topic: CONDOLENCES TO NELSON WILLIS  (Read 1468 times)

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: CONDOLENCES TO NELSON WILLIS
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 10:51:54 AM »
R.I.P. Mrs. Willis
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 10:52:25 AM »
Throiugh my connection to Lew Williams, I went out to Illinois in 1982 when I was 19 to work for Willis and Graham for 6 months and "learn the business". These were not easy guys to work for. Obviously, I offer my condolences on their loss and grief.

Frank Deglomine

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 10:59:24 AM »
Very classy lady who worked along side the First Lady of harness racing Connie Hochstetler in the speedy fillies of Illinois. Kay was a wonderful woman who knew horses. I hope spider is doing okay. She was very sick for a long time. The whole family was very involved in harness racing and often turned to homer for advice. RIP Mrs. Willis

balmoralfan

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 11:02:33 AM »
Doug Graham is probably getting Spider to sign a new will as we speak. Wonder who will be named executor/beneficiary?

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 11:11:24 AM »
How many more Graham’s and Willis are there? Kay was tough on all of the illegal Mexicans. She refused to take any crap from the help. Her way or no way and Nelson and her said NO to lucPark right up front about training horses for him and referred him to Jim Ellison. Then he was put out of ellisons barn too. Rest In Peace Kay at the racetrack in the sky. 🌺
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

polish jola

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 12:58:46 PM »
Spider and Kay were always wonderful to me!!  Trained for us for about 10 years!  We were blessed to have horses like TPG, Super Night 3YO champ and GJ Photo Victory, track record holder at Springfield and winner of American National!! She was always calling the shots for the stable!! Everybody was scared to death of her and she was just a tiny little lady!  Only reason we parted ways, was I didn't want no more Illinois breds!  I will always remember her for being the tough "barn boss" for Nelson's stable!!  She took no shit from anyone!! My sincerest condolences to Nelson!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 02:40:47 PM by polish jola »

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 01:43:29 PM »
RIP

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 03:12:34 PM »
RIP

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 06:29:03 PM »
Spider and Kay were always wonderful to me!!  Trained for us for about 10 years!  We were blessed to have horses like TPG, Super Night 3YO champ and GJ Photo Victory, track record holder at Springfield and winner of American National!! She was always calling the shots for the stable!! Everybody was scared to death of her and she was just a tiny little lady!  Only reason we parted ways, was I didn't want no more Illinois breds!  I will always remember her for being the tough "barn boss" for Nelson's stable!!  She took no shit from anyone!! My sincerest condolences to Nelson!!
You got that right. Nelson listened to her with a smile because he wasn’t about to fight with her. She had great horseman skills as well. She was the one who told spider no way to training for lucPark when he approached them about training for them. Kay said go to Jim Ellison he’s a good trainer. Lol tough but straight to the point.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal