Author Topic: The 3d quarter gut  (Read 1581 times)

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
The 3d quarter gut
« on: January 08, 2024, 12:10:58 AM »
 Most people dont know about the 3rd quarter gut, this is when a very fast 3rd quarter tires the horse, regardless of how slow the half was. So lets say a 1:00 half but a 28 flat 3rd quarter parked without cover which is then  equal to a 27 flat 3rd quarter. If its faster than what it usually goes it can cause the horse to cave in -in the stretch. I call it the 3rd quarter gut-top drivers know about it ofcourse but many lower ones dont.

rainman2

• Elite
Re: The 3d quarter gut
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 12:22:36 AM »
Most people dont know about the 3rd quarter gut, this is when a very fast 3rd quarter tires the horse, regardless of how slow the half was. So lets say a 1:00 half but a 28 flat 3rd quarter parked without cover which is then  equal to a 27 flat 3rd quarter. If its faster than what it usually goes it can cause the horse to cave in -in the stretch. I call it the 3rd quarter gut-top drivers know about it ofcourse but many lower ones dont.

It's called bottoming out a field!  Many races are won in this manner and just as many lost too.  See George Nap's drives when leading at the 1/2 mile pole!

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 12:30:40 AM »
It's called bottoming out a field!  Many races are won in this manner and just as many lost too.  See George Nap's drives when leading at the 1/2 mile pole!
What Im describing is a driver bottoming out his own horse by going a faster 3rd quarter than what the horse can handle, this occurs typically  after a slow half and typically on a 1st over park out which creates an ever faster 3rd quarter in terms of energy spent so in effect makes a crazy fast 3rd quarter and a stretch cave in.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 06:03:15 AM »
Semantics, in play here. I don't know why you think you have discovered an unknown strategy, Limey. Watch is happen almost every day. 

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 06:46:38 AM »
Whatever you want to call it ... so what?  Are you going to predict that's what's going to happen with any degree of certainty?  How is this info going to help anyone in any way?  Nonsense topic.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 07:14:29 AM »
Whatever you want to call it ... so what?  Are you going to predict that's what's going to happen with any degree of certainty?  How is this info going to help anyone in any way?  Nonsense topic.

tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1
He who laughs last, laughs best.

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 09:20:02 AM »
DO you and others like picking winners ? If you see a 3rd Quarter gut on the program you can throw the race out as a legit excuse. This angle can effect handicapping decisions and the online wagering account. Not nonsense. The key is to notice it as a quarter faster than it has did before in the first 3 quarters in a race and to factor in the level of racing on that 3rd quarter like first over, parkout  and against the wind for example. This is a handicapping factor not a idle observation

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2024, 10:20:37 AM »
All you are saying is that a horse that goes a fast 3rd quarter 1st over and gets tired has a legitimate excuse for next time.  Duh ... That's a handicapping factor that we all learned the first two weeks of betting.  This ain't the kiddie game dude. 

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2024, 10:27:36 AM »
All you are saying is that a horse that goes a fast 3rd quarter 1st over and gets tired has a legitimate excuse for next time.  Duh ... That's a handicapping factor that we all learned the first two weeks of betting.  This ain't the kiddie game dude.
big angle of mine as Thorn knows it very well.... when I see a slow half and they negative split the back half, and you still see a horse close off the back end.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2024, 01:51:25 PM »
I was told a long time ago that a lot more races are lost in the first quarter than in the last. 

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2024, 02:02:26 PM »
I was told a long time ago that a lot more races are lost in the first quarter than in the last.
I don't know how many times I see a horse I bet duck off the gate with everyone else and they walk that first eigth lined up --- I start praying for an earthquake to shake things up as I know -- I HAVE NO SHOT.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    Today at 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    Today at 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    Today at 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal