Author Topic: Julie Miller and Ake Svanstedt Order To Return Purse Money / Big Bucks  (Read 11283 times)

Fatboy

• Living Legend
Re: Julie Miller and Ake Svanstedt Order To Return Purse Money / Big Bucks
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2021, 07:14:59 PM »
THERE IS NO LINE IN THE SAND AND IF THERE IS, IT MOVES ALOT

bond

• Elite
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2021, 08:11:54 AM »
Bond and Brown Jug I have to agree. This is what happens with all this redundancy in testing. Different levels allowed of therapeutic drugs by different groups, States, and Provinces. IMO it's the cheaters using EPO and other PED's that they should be after but they are helpless and can't do a thing. What did it take 10 months or whatever for the Feds and 5 Stones to expose the cheats which proves the only way to clean it up is to have a commissioner with federal backing to put the cheats out of racing. But as I have said before I don't think they want to clean it up and secondly if they did all they have to do is duplicate the testing in Hong Kong along with their prison penalties.
Fully agree Iceman.
However with regards to Hong Kong-this is monumentaly difficult in USA with many harness tracks not having on track stabling.In Hong Kong-all horses are on the grounds.Everyone entering the facility is searched and checked like Gestapo.. The Vets are all employed by the track-and under constant surveilance. Then they have security cameras-in every barn and the best drug detection Lab in the world-I think they employ something like 30 analysts-who are all cross checked and under investigation. Bank records and phones are checked periodically.If you come up positive even with all that surveilance and security-with any type of proven performance enhancer-you will go to jail and the keys thrown away.The stigma and disgrace you bring on your family--is something the Chinese take seriously-so nearly everyone racing is playing by the rules and those few that dont-soon end up in jail. That is why the 2 traks in Hong Kong bet as much as the entire Harness and T'Bred tracks in the USA--its unreal. Most races have a 10million$ handle/race. Average daily handle something like 150 MILLION.  Its a whole different ballgame in Hong Kong. When my Dad and I were there we bought a pitcher of beer for 20$ and filled it up free the rest of the day!!  Food was unreal as well--great day of racing-the stands are packed every meeting -they shut the gate before the first race as 50,000 are already inside.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 08:14:11 AM by bond »

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2021, 10:10:21 AM »
Of the other few hundred horses that race on that day across the country, how many of them came up positive?
 I totally agree with your point in assessing the value of a extremely low count of a therapeutic overage. It is akin to a speeding ticket when compared to the stuff the others are under criminal indictment for.  But, if you get enough speeding tickets, like Baffert, you must be dealt a penalty that will sway your current practices.  We must not allow ones influence and power to give them their own set of rules.
 So if these two pushed the envelope and got snagged by the hair on their ass, they should be given a penalty that will entice them too, to rethink their program.
[/quo

The way states test horses especially the states without slot funding you would be amazed on how many(not many at all)of those horses were tested and if a full panel was tested or they were testing for your generic items.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2021, 10:14:16 AM »
The real issue here is the drug regulatory committee that runs the allowable medications and withdrawal times. It's all made up by the phoney ARCI commission. They won't tell you the science behind the limits and withdrawal times because they just make everything up as they go along. Here is the rule right from their website.
Dexamethasone
Harness Racing Only.
5 picograms per milliliter
of plasma or serum
SEE NOTE
BELOW
72 hours
Intramuscular and intravenous
administration of
dexamethasone sodium
phosphate or oral
administration of
dexamethasone at
0.05milligrams per kilogram
regardless of route
RMTC study
Applicable analyte is
dexamethasone in
plasma or serum.
They catch people on allowable (Class 4) medications and never catch anyone using epogen, Soda, or anything that finds the real drugs like the ones all the trainers at Yonkers were finally caught using thanks to the FBI. The ARCI is a joke. Can't wait for them to be out of business and the Fed's take over. Can't happen soon enough. Good Riddins

Your right the FBI can't take over soon enough. Paulick report had made mention of next summer? The USTA is trying to fight against it of course.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal