Author Topic: HRU  (Read 2447 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
HRU
« on: November 05, 2023, 10:08:50 AM »
What a piece of shit HRU has turned into. Not one word written about the latest exclusion list. I used to actually post there but now they are nothing but a shill for the criminals and the USTA.

Six Pence

• NW-1
Re: HRU
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 11:40:37 AM »
Absolutely correct about HRU !!!!  When it was first started by Bill Finley, I would read every word that was
published.  When he shut it down, I was greatly disappointed.  When it was re-started, I was very relieved.
But not for long as it became obvious that it was merely like other specialized industry publications. Printing only good guy fluff pieces with no redeeming value, it soon became almost nauseating with it's kiss ass "love you" phony articles.  Some are almost as bad as the self published books that are flooding the market.  It makes you wonder how much many of the writers pay to have HRU use their supposed "wisdom."  The most glaring example of this "work" is Murray Brown who has always been a suck-up bull
shitter with zero trust in the industry.  Now I find myself skimming the topics and not opening the articles.
The only one continuously worth reading is Bob Carson (Trey Nosrac) and the quality of his work stands out like the proverbial sore thumb.  It is easy to see the real power behind the throne when examining HRU today.  This business needs a straight forward news oriented publication but HRU is not it.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 12:00:19 PM »
Listen, I absolutely agree that HRU is not reporting the real and current news, as they should. They have no credibility for not publishing what we have all read in the past few days. And who knows how many opinion letters from people like us are not getting published. What I must admit if I owned any business, and something very bad happened that could put me out of business, I would have to think twice about moving forward. Let’s face it the findings indicating a total blind eye to all the drugging could be the last nail in harness racing’s coffin. I recently heard from an owner friend. He told me that Saratoga Raceway has put out a notice, that anyone associated with Saratoga Raceway who participates in spewing negative information on Plop will be asked to pack up and leave immediately. This wasn’t totally shocking to me as the Raceway sees their attendance eroding and their handle not growing. If this is true I can feel the track ownership shaking to it’s core especially today with all the news. The last thing all tracks need is more bad publicity.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 12:56:29 PM »
Absolutely correct about HRU !!!!  When it was first started by Bill Finley, I would read every word that was
published.  When he shut it down, I was greatly disappointed.  When it was re-started, I was very relieved.
But not for long as it became obvious that it was merely like other specialized industry publications. Printing only good guy fluff pieces with no redeeming value, it soon became almost nauseating with it's kiss ass "love you" phony articles.  Some are almost as bad as the self published books that are flooding the market.  It makes you wonder how much many of the writers pay to have HRU use their supposed "wisdom."  The most glaring example of this "work" is Murray Brown who has always been a suck-up bull
shitter with zero trust in the industry.  Now I find myself skimming the topics and not opening the articles.
The only one continuously worth reading is Bob Carson (Trey Nosrac) and the quality of his work stands out like the proverbial sore thumb.  It is easy to see the real power behind the throne when examining HRU today.  This business needs a straight forward news oriented publication but HRU is not it.
Right on the money. Good post.  tmbz1

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 12:57:31 PM »
Listen, I absolutely agree that HRU is not reporting the real and current news, as they should. They have no credibility for not publishing what we have all read in the past few days. And who knows how many opinion letters from people like us are not getting published. What I must admit if I owned any business, and something very bad happened that could put me out of business, I would have to think twice about moving forward. Let’s face it the findings indicating a total blind eye to all the drugging could be the last nail in harness racing’s coffin. I recently heard from an owner friend. He told me that Saratoga Raceway has put out a notice, that anyone associated with Saratoga Raceway who participates in spewing negative information on Plop will be asked to pack up and leave immediately. This wasn’t totally shocking to me as the Raceway sees their attendance eroding and their handle not growing. If this is true I can feel the track ownership shaking to it’s core especially today with all the news. The last thing all tracks need is more bad publicity.
Good post.  tmbz1

toothman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 02:45:02 PM »
2 quick comments ---
it is exactly the fear of bad publicity that allows the miscreants and cheaters to continue doing what they do. Been that way for decades.

Agree about HRU. Its a low down girty shame that any investigative reporting about harness racing comes from the Paulick report--a thoroughbred publication...

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2023, 03:22:02 PM »
Agree, especially the part, about reader feedback virtually gone from their publication.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2023, 03:34:56 PM »
I’m thinking of writing to HRU and telling them they can be part of the solution if they step up . But in my heart they seem comfortable being part of the problem by not publishing the truth and not putting any pressure on the industry to say enough already. Will I get ignored? Probably.

CMJAnew

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 04:35:30 PM »
The only one continuously worth reading is Bob Carson (Trey Nosrac) and the quality of his work stands out like the proverbial sore thumb.

I would purchase a book of his columns. Always look forward to his contribution. Also wondered if he was writing under a pen name.
Reread It

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2023, 05:22:40 PM »
Nobody wants to be the bad guy, and publish the negative stories. All they want are fluff pieces about the same people, the the bigger "influencers" in the business. Breeding farms, Large Stables, Trainers, Drivers or Owners. T-Breds talk more about the low lifes more, including Baffert etc. We are almost irrelevant

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2023, 06:12:17 PM »
HRU is nothing more than a beat off site for Bob Marks who after all the years with Perretti got a nice "theres the door" The other dildos Freddy whatever his name is and the mediocre lounge singer are wannabe handicappers. Its the ABSOLUTE LEAST NEWSWORTHY publication to be found. Its a circle jerk of yester-years.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2023, 09:42:32 PM »
Agree, especially the part, about reader feedback virtually gone from their publication.
Correct. I liked the feedback more than most of the articles.

Wally C

• 4 claimer
  • Retired in the Womb :)
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2023, 10:04:57 PM »
Heavy on the advertising, the rest fluff with the occasional good tale.

They say they are "provocative", provoking the majority, gamblers, the legit horsemen and women, us and the like.

Lying by omission.

And in this case overwhelming conspicuous because this is TIME SENSITIVE BREAKING NEWS & Obviously Foreseeably Ongoing, there is thus = none.

I bought a horse and named it My Beautiful Face, a real loser, down the stretch all the women at the track who backed him are screaming come on My Beautiful Face.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2023, 10:07:16 PM »
They want no parts until there is something more concrete.  They aren't trying to get names in the upcoming suits!   tmbz1

Wally C

• 4 claimer
  • Retired in the Womb :)
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2023, 10:11:29 PM »
They want no parts until there is something more concrete.  They aren't trying to get names in the upcoming suits!   tmbz1

Good point too, the FEDS are pretty concrete though, case evidence...

Many others here too, thanks.

Back to yours, what about the conflict of interest, did anyone match how many of those advertising on that pussy ass rag would be affected?

Now that's a job for PLOP Detective The Thorn to show his stuff!
I bought a horse and named it My Beautiful Face, a real loser, down the stretch all the women at the track who backed him are screaming come on My Beautiful Face.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal