Author Topic: Roger Huston  (Read 10994 times)

Inside The Pylons

• Top Claimer
Re: Roger Huston
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2018, 10:13:05 AM »
Went to Goshen with Roger one year............. ............Went to a diner close by and got there a little early waiting for him.......waitres s seated me and I told her I was with the Voice........Oh that cheap bastard she says, bad case of short arms and deep pockets.......... ...guess who paid for dinner........... ....Races have always been about HIM..............

That is not only about Roger, in this industry, the It is all about Me, feeling prevails, they could care less if they are playing before an empty grandstand

Gym Jeffersun

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 10:54:21 AM »
That is not only about Roger, in this industry, the It is all about Me, feeling prevails, they could care less if they are playing before an empty grandstand

Rule #1 at the Meadows, Roger is racing..........a nd you learn that very quickly.......... .....
Just love doing the broadcast. Shuley, Chumlee, Paddock have gotten used to the holier than thou attitude. We only work on the show, because we get paid. Dealing with Ringo is a different story.

albitchross

• Open / FFA
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »
Maybe a wonderful person and good ambassador, I've just never cared for his style or frankly been impressed by the quality of his calls. Once paid close attention to the Meadows in the 90s and didn't care for calls then. Recognize he's getting on and everyone slips a little with age.  Don't really watch or listen much anymore.

I'm of the school that race callers like refs and umpires should be secondary to the sport. It's the same reason I don't care for Lederman.

Does anyone recall the name of the announcer that Saratoga Harness had for a brief run in the late 80s or early 90s. It was before sardella (who I think does a very nice job). Someone claimed to me, the gentleman who's name I can't recall,  had been an  auctioneer before trying his hand at race calling. Whoever this dude was, he was the worst I've ever heard. Every card had a handful of races that was a mix and match of miscalls. He only had a short run and the track presumably recognized  how bad he was and disappeared.

Roger is NOT A WONDERFUL PERSON.  Ive metioned this before: Breeders Crown finals at Pocono Downs.  My friend wanted to introduce himself and Roger couldnt get away fast enough..  he wouldnt talk and had no use for random people.  Then when my friend told him he owned a top horse and that another guy with us was fairly important in harness racing, he did a complete 180. albeit completely fake.   Not a nice guy...... and not a good announcer. . Never was a good announcer.  His voice and style is awful

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2018, 12:51:32 AM »
so much laughter from these true criticisms

the Voice  <>  C'mon ... maybe in 1970; but, when it's time to go  >  just GO-GO-GO .. this guy perpetuates the stereotype of harness racing as no-class / low-class.  BYE, Roger

11.dt 11.dt 11.dt 11.dt 11.dt

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal