Author Topic: And NOW??  (Read 4873 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
And NOW??
« on: September 30, 2023, 03:09:49 PM »
Tactical speed, a nice early brush, pulls the plugs ccccruising - last quarter 25.2 and wrapped up kast 1/16th.  Awesome!

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
Re: And NOW??
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 03:16:38 PM »
If and When they hook up, Tetrick won't let It's My Show slip away like NAC..It's My Show better play for 2nd money or might not hit the board , depending on field and posts.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 03:19:31 PM »
If and When they hook up, Tetrick won't let It's My Show slip away like NAC..It's My Show better play for 2nd money or might not hit the board , depending on field and posts.
tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 03:20:03 PM »
It's My Show has next to zero chance. Only bad luck stops Confederate IMO

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2023, 03:22:50 PM »
Still has done nothing to PROVE he should be mentioned with the great ones. Notice he is skipping next week when there might be some competition. He is being managed not to lose rather than be a winner. Its My Show may not be the better horse and probably isn't but he has the better body of work by racing much better competition.
Who, other than Confederate, has IMS beaten, that Confederate hasn't faced at least once? There must be a horse I am unaware of?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2023, 03:56:24 PM »
The Jug was a stronger field, he went heats on a half. He has beat Confederate and Confederate has not beaten him, and he has won TWO million dollar races. Confederate's body of work does not put him in the some conversation as horses like SBSW, TDS, Captaintreacherou s, etc.

If he gets an invite to the TVG, will he go?
You simply repeated what I said. I will ask you again to back up your allegation. Who exactly has IMS beaten or raced, That Confederate has not? Yes, IMS defeated Confederate by a head once. IMS last quarter 27 - Confederate last quarter 26 in that race. Timmy said today again 4 months later he fucked up, so it obviously gnaws at him. That aside if they vote today Confederate gets season honors. They will meet once more likely in the BC. Wanna see what IMS has for an answer when Confederate turns the jets on last 3/8ths. Wrapped up chugging home in 25.2 and you act like he isn't a major horse. Did you hear Heyden's comments post race?

TVG race - how should I know if they accept? Do you?

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2023, 03:57:51 PM »
If the 2 of them meet in the Breeder's Crown Confederate should beat him.  Confederate could win the TVG most likely in November if they want to extend his career 1 month. 

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2023, 03:59:06 PM »
If the 2 of them meet in the Breeder's Crown Confederate should beat him.  Confederate could win the TVG most likely in November if they want to extend his career 1 month.
Heyden hinted at a post BC race and Timmy natch said something like "we'll see".

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2023, 04:03:26 PM »
Confederate is no Bret Hanover, no Most Happy Fella, no Niatross, no Nihilator, no SBSW, no Captain Treacherous. Hell, he isn't even a No Pan Intended or The Panderosa.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 04:07:14 PM »
 I would say it's a pretty mediocre crop of 3 yr olds...Possibly makes him look better than he might be...But he 'IS' clearly the best 'THIS' year.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2023, 04:09:26 PM »
Not that it matters but Confederates career record against IMS is 3 to 1.  He beat him all three times they met last year before IMS lost his nuts and gained some guts.  And I'm still of the opinion that IMS did not "beat" him in the NA, Confederate just started up too late as Tetrick admits.  His much faster last quarter and him going past IMS just after the wire proves it IMO

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2023, 04:15:49 PM »
Not that it matters but Confederates career record against IMS is 3 to 1.  He beat him all three times they met last year before IMS lost his nuts and gained some guts.  And I'm still of the opinion that IMS did not "beat" him in the NA, Confederate just started up too late as Tetrick admits.  His much faster last quarter and him going past IMS just after the wire proves it IMO
Ball on accurate. I don't even bring up last year because they don't because they cant.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2023, 04:24:22 PM »
Confederate is no Bret Hanover, no Most Happy Fella, no Niatross, no Nihilator, no SBSW, no Captain Treacherous. Hell, he isn't even a No Pan Intended or The Panderosa.
The comparisons that span half a century are ridiculous. You just can't make those. I could say that Bret or Most Happy Fella or Niatross were no Dan Patch. But it would be ridiculous. You just can't make valid assesments across that span.

Sorry not every year can be a 1993 where there were 5 or 6 potential HOY talents racing every week.

Not sure if you were there live and in person. I sure was and some contact to his people. Who Did Niatross beat. Very week crew that year. It happens. Niatross was a legendary pacer, generational. Fact is he caught a weak crew and overcame his connections. But it doesn't matter.

SBSW - fast, ultra tough. Really raced nothing special over long sections of his campaign.

Bottom line - when Confederate is comfortable, in hand and wrapped up in last halfs in 53 and change and last quarters sub 26, he could pace with anything that ever wore a harness in the modern era.

winky

• 4 claimer
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2023, 04:31:22 PM »
tuf group of critics here...

Confederate looks pretty good to me..

what do you guys want....

if he won the Kentucky Derby would that help?

He's no Bret Hanover..he's no SBSW....

true....he is Confederate...lot s of wins.....

why knock a good horse...

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2023, 04:34:14 PM »
Linda Trashcano has legions of fans. Lot of Pelling haters too. Apparently, my sources have told, me IMS dopey owner goes on Facebook ( I dont do the FB thing ) saying his horse is better than Confederate. In his dreams of dreams.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    Today at 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    Today at 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    Today at 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal