Author Topic: Pace Night Thread, Program  (Read 14457 times)

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Re: Pace Night Thread, Program
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2020, 12:42:47 PM »
Factor in form reversal, race time, last quarter time, etc...  I have my own thoughts on who had a fullest tank of the night.  Interested to see what everyone is thinking about some of the performances tonight.

Thought all King horses were primed for good effort. As you all know, many are of the highest quality but even the mid level ran big.

Tetrick king horse in first was an overlay at @ 12-1 but ran huge. Several I thought raced above my initial estimation - not unusual individually for this barn but they were all firing.

Disappointed Sorella didn't show more. Once Ramona cleared from outside that race was over. Expected Takter filly to show a little more.

Impressed with Gimpanzee and talk dark stranger's toughness.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2020, 01:00:07 PM »
HORSE IS JUST A BEAST ONT HE TRACK,,

HOPEFULLY A BEAST IN THE BREEDING SHED
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2020, 02:00:23 PM »
I saw it in Harness daily racing form during the week but was also suprised more wasn't made of it.

I didn't care for the wagering menu that had a single p5 in first five races and not another multirace wager more than a p3 till the 6th. Last 8 races had two p4's , p5 and p6. I would have one of the p4s to start in 3rd or 4th. Too much overlap in late races makes it questionable for bettor whether to play @ p4, p5 and p6 when one leg could wipe out three major wagers.

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2020, 02:29:32 PM »
1400 20cent pick 5 cashed in last race if joe B wins with 9 its 27k wow tough way to win an loose!!!!!!!

Harness Stats

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2020, 02:52:48 PM »
That's the one I was thinking of too (Crimson and Crome).  She's a really nice mare, but I wasn't thinking 48 flat, last quarter in 25.3.  King's barn was closing fast but she stood out the most with that mile to me. Big mile...anxious to see if she keeps getting better.   Tall Dark Stranger coming back was unbelievable!

Not that it really matters but Crimson and Chrome is a 4 year old Sweet Lou GELDING owned and bred by Timmy T.  and was brought around slowly.  Keep him sound and he will make a lot of money for years

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2020, 03:17:06 PM »
and that is the way it should be
best horses, trainers, drivers and great racing
the big m as it should be
meadows, scioto etc dont matter, for the sport to be anything the big m must rule

Cboyle

• 4 claimer
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2020, 07:05:37 PM »
Gimpanzee won last night In a race that could only be compared to the greats. Post 13 and romped... familiar? “He is moving like a tremendous machine”

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2020, 08:41:24 PM »
Take that post 13

bond

• Elite
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »
Haters silent-so Ill post.

The Meadowlands Pace — the premier evening event in North American harness racing so far this year —  produced a handle of $5,051,261. That was the most wagered on that card since 2008, and easily ranks as the top harness racing handle of 2020-and thats despite Covid 19 limiting attendance.
 tmbz1

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2020, 04:57:11 PM »
Maybe Luke can confirm but I heard they had to turn people away due to government limitations on capacity

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2020, 05:25:22 PM »
Haters silent-so Ill post.

The Meadowlands Pace — the premier evening event in North American harness racing so far this year —  produced a handle of $5,051,261. That was the most wagered on that card since 2008, and easily ranks as the top harness racing handle of 2020-and thats despite Covid 19 limiting attendance.
 tmbz1

Covid has limited attendance across the board and handles are generally way up across the country. Generally speaking, its due to the lack of other forms of entertainment and gambling options.

That $5 number can easily be viewed a failure under these circumstances.

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2020, 05:26:30 PM »
Thats a great number

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2020, 05:31:48 PM »
And the track lost their ass off of $5 million

5% is 250,000 --- kick it up a little for on track handle where the return is around 15-18%

Let's be generous and say the the track take was $300,000

To cover Purses --- wages --- maintenance --- utilities --- insurance

As Gural says - everyday we turn the lights on -- we lose money.

YAY --- $5 million  tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2020, 05:40:06 PM »
And the track lost their ass off of $5 million

5% is 250,000 --- kick it up a little for on track handle where the return is around 15-18%

Let's be generous and say the the track take was $300,000

To cover Purses --- wages --- maintenance --- utilities --- insurance

As Gural says - everyday we turn the lights on -- we lose money.

YAY --- $5 million  tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Look at the opportunity that they squandered. It was the perfect storm of no baseball, lack of entertainment and the haskell coat tails.

Consider that handle is at record setting levels in both breeds through the pandemic. Consider monmouth handled a record setting 20mil+ and the cards bled over. monmouth handled more than they did on Pharoah's haskell. How about the hi five carryover must-pay? Did they market that opportunity at all? I didn't see it.

They had a shot to get 7million + and make a few extra bucks. I was shocked at the number that they drew.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2020, 05:48:11 PM »
Look at the opportunity that they squandered. It was the perfect storm of no baseball, lack of entertainment and the haskell coat tails.

Consider that handle is at record setting levels in both breeds through the pandemic. Consider monmouth handled a record setting 20mil+ and the cards bled over. monmouth handled more than they did on Pharoah's haskell. How about the hi five carryover must-pay? Did they market that opportunity at all? I didn't see it.

They had a shot to get 7million + and make a few extra bucks. I was shocked at the number that they drew.
But I read on facebook and other sites, people in the industry patting themselves on the back because they did $5 million.....

Now above I covered approximately what the track received for this momentous pile of money they wagered  ngc3

But weren't most these races subscription races --- that probably amounted to a little more money getting kicked in..

Total Purses for Saturday == $2,461,950

So people keep patting yourself on the back for a SPLENDID day... Then you realize that those who post about this being great are part of the eyes closed that the industry is getting killed with no other sports or movie theatres or restaurant's at 50% capacity available and this is the best we can do.

Gural probably sat in his office with two fingers of scotch and his shirt untucked saying

FUCK I need real sports back online so they can gamble on them....

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    Today at 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal