General Category > Harness Racing

Out in Hickville, does the govt shutdown effect you?

<< < (2/8) > >>

HornbyDuke:

--- Quote from: TheGrimReaper on January 21, 2019, 08:35:16 PM ---This "hillbilly" flew from Florida north this morning and will fly back on Thursday.  I made a point of thanking the TSA agents for coming to work when they haven't been paid.  I suspect it's much more likely that you have been on the government dole than most on the site.  The "shutdown" affects me by negatively impacting on my country, that my uncles and cousins fought for, in part, to allow freedom of speech.  Even when an idiot like you is the one talking.  Racist and stupid must be a difficult life.....hopefull y you get better.

--- End quote ---

Nicely put

Pull the Pocket:
 Folks in the Midwest have to know that they just are not as important than those of us who live in the I 95 corridor.  Washington Philly, New York and Boston and that is why the shutdown is more important in our area.  The further south you go, the less important you are

slivercharm:

--- Quote from: Atthetrack7 on January 21, 2019, 07:32:16 PM --- I doubt any of you fly for a living and as long as your welfare cheque shows up you don't care that hundred of thousands of people are going broke or else you would pressure Agent Orange to end this shutdown.  It is a shame you hillbillies are ruining this country.

--- End quote ---

People can’t survive missing a paycheck? Whose fault is it they can’t save? I bet every one of those people spends a couple thousand on overpriced cable internet and cell phone plans a year.  They probably eat out to much buy clothes they can’t afford and cars they don’t need. So it’s the presidents fault people live beyond their means don’t save and go broke after 2 pay periods?

caddy:

--- Quote from: slivercharm on January 21, 2019, 10:37:39 PM ---People can’t survive missing a paycheck? Whose fault is it they can’t save? I bet every one of those people spends a couple thousand on overpriced cable internet and cell phone plans a year.  They probably eat out to much buy clothes they can’t afford and cars they don’t need. So it’s the presidents fault people live beyond their means don’t save and go broke after 2 pay periods?

--- End quote ---

Amen - Amen <>  a generation ago, folks saved to advance themselves and maybe help their kids move up a level.  Now, in an age of immediate gratification and out of control entitlement, people spend beyond their means - and, don't value the privilege of employment.   Obama got this notion stoked up and now - you've got a President trying to tamp down give-aways and instill responsibility.  Lazy do-nothings are angry that the handouts have stopped.  Take away incentive for advancement and increased wages and you'll see an unmotivated population.

wise owl:
U.S.A. only major country with no health care for there people a heart attack could take every thing you worked for in most countries it free that yellow hair classless jerk in office gives billions to rich companies as a gift but not a dime for the poor and now want them to work for nothing till he gets his toy box full total joke.s

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version