Author Topic: anthony just keeps robbing his owners  (Read 67330 times)

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
Re: anthony just keeps robbing his owners
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2019, 09:28:53 AM »
you sound like the type of guy who’d write to Starbucks and tell them they’d be more successful if they used a different kind of coffee beans
you can live in lala land and make up scenarios but the scenario thatstarted this thread is real..
chance to get his owners 11...instead gets them 6...
across the board not protecting his investors

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2019, 09:47:39 AM »
First off in this business no one in their right mind would invest so much in a industry that forever has a bad ROI. Most people Do it for many reasons one being they have capital to do so. But as time goes by even people with money their brain takes over and realizes throwing good money at bad isn't  a business plan. Once the entertainment value goes away so does the passion of wasting money.

Here is my point and I see Swandre after seeing numbers in print didn't want to elaborate on those? You can't go on record with videos to clients who have a actually grip on the horses through the season and say I have thick skin and can take all the criticism....then shoot back and say this is the stable best season. Say what? Look at the numbers and yes still some racing and bills to go. But it's a poor blanket statement he throws out there without knowing the numbers. At this point he isn't a SALESMAN but the CEO. If Tim Cook put out false claims before a quarterly report and the numbers don't back up those claims the stock gets crushed. Same thing here. He is the CEO on record with hundreds of clients/shareholders in horses....putting out false info. Just look at the numbers? He also mentioned that 20% of the clients are having a good year and 80% aren't. Based on those numbers how does he get to 20%. Out of the 75 babies he started with I see 2 that are having a GOOD year. I'll let u do the math that 2 in 75...Not so good and nowhere near 20%.

I don't have issue with the stable and think it's a good thing and also lets clients see the horses train down. More big trainers should do the same. With that said you can't come out go on record propping up your numbers when it's easy to see the numbers and get called out. At this point like most of racing under any trainer and will volume. It becomes the ponzi scheme of keeping it going. Do you think the stable will slow it down and buy smart and purchase only 25? No full steam ahead. Just remember those 55 will be turned out and started up 6 months before racing already at a loss before a chance to earn money again. The new babies on track for 9 months before a chance to earn money. This business only takes 2 or 3 years of mediocre to go up in flames.

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2019, 09:52:23 AM »
you can live in lala land and make up scenarios but the scenario thatstarted this thread is real..
chance to get his owners 11...instead gets them 6...
across the board not protecting his investors

me in lala land?
you started a thread claiming he robs his owners, implying he benefited financially from the horse selling for less at auction than a private sale which is insane, especially if he owned a piece of it.

it’s an open and shut case of sour grapes. he thought it would sell for more at public auction and it didn’t. you could have went and bought it (for cheaper than your original offer) and didn’t

probably did you a favour since you’re still chewing on the last one

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2019, 09:54:07 AM »
me in lala land?
you started a thread claiming he robs his owners, implying he benefited financially from the horse selling for less at auction than a private sale which is insane, especially if he owned a piece of it.

it’s an open and shut case of sour grapes. he thought it would sell for more at public auction and it didn’t. you could have went and bought it (for cheaper than your original offer) and didn’t

probably did you a favour since you’re still chewing on the last one
actually i sold the last one...
and who is still chewing on it...
the guy who paid 57 and had it for 2 years plus paid staking payments or the guy who paid 13 and sold for 10 3 months later

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2019, 09:55:56 AM »
First off in this business no one in their right mind would invest so much in a industry that forever has a bad ROI. Most people Do it for many reasons one being they have capital to do so. But as time goes by even people with money their brain takes over and realizes throwing good money at bad isn't  a business plan. Once the entertainment value goes away so does the passion of wasting money.

Here is my point and I see Swandre after seeing numbers in print didn't want to elaborate on those? You can't go on record with videos to clients who have a actually grip on the horses through the season and say I have thick skin and can take all the criticism....then shoot back and say this is the stable best season. Say what? Look at the numbers and yes still some racing and bills to go. But it's a poor blanket statement he throws out there without knowing the numbers. At this point he isn't a SALESMAN but the CEO. If Tim Cook put out false claims before a quarterly report and the numbers don't back up those claims the stock gets crushed. Same thing here. He is the CEO on record with hundreds of clients/shareholders in horses....putting out false info. Just look at the numbers? He also mentioned that 20% of the clients are having a good year and 80% aren't. Based on those numbers how does he get to 20%. Out of the 75 babies he started with I see 2 that are having a GOOD year. I'll let u do the math that 2 in 75...Not so good and nowhere near 20%.

I don't have issue with the stable and think it's a good thing and also lets clients see the horses train down. More big trainers should do the same. With that said you can't come out go on record propping up your numbers when it's easy to see the numbers and get called out. At this point like most of racing under any trainer and will volume. It becomes the ponzi scheme of keeping it going. Do you think the stable will slow it down and buy smart and purchase only 25? No full steam ahead. Just remember those 55 will be turned out and started up 6 months before racing already at a loss before a chance to earn money again. The new babies on track for 9 months before a chance to earn money. This business only takes 2 or 3 years of mediocre to go up in flames.

this guy gets it
again, i admire what he is doing...
but shoot it straight
and no need to go with 75 horses instead of 30 unless you are just padding your own pockets

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2019, 09:56:15 AM »
There was 1 IL bred. Olympic hopeful

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2019, 10:27:13 AM »
There are reasons why horses sell at the blooded sale in Aug. A small sale at Goshen. The Buckeye in OH. For the most part they didn't make the grade to be in the bigger sale.if your building a stable for future racing your staying away from those sales. Sure you will find value but is that the value you really want?. You can go to the big sales many horses fail through the crack and you can get good value and good horses. You can still buy 50 at those 4 sales and have value. Junk will always be junk with a jewel comes along every once in a while. Don't get the reasoning to have volume and clients will pick up on that and only one person will be holding the bag on a lot of shares being open.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2019, 10:54:49 AM »
Because thats too many horses...
Im at 20 and its working well

YOUR AT 20 AND ON PLOP AT 10 O CLOCK IN THE MORNING?
 ngc3

Purple Lavern

• Elite
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2019, 11:10:16 AM »
as an owner of 20 horses why do you care what others do?
are you a crusader??..The same crusader who was lauding the stable about a year ago..

So Anthony didn't sell you the horse thinking he could get more at the sale..
Happens all the time..horses go for more go for less...
So he rolled the dice & cost the 25 owners what $150 each...There are worse shaftings that go on in this business on a daily scale..

My thing to you is just move along..You seem to be doing well...so enjoy it..
The rest of us are big boys & girls & can spend our daddys money as we please..
GIMME SOME MONEY..I am looking for pound notes, loosee change, bad checks, anything..

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2019, 11:19:58 AM »
Swandre for the record as you state if it's so easy. Well it's not easy, taken years to find what works, and what doesn't. Off my list is buying a pacer. They have to pace in 52 or better at 2 to be something. If they can't even get to 55 at best you have a lifer maiden-nw2 condition horse. A pacing filly, pass no added value unless she was expensive and has some pedigree to breed back. Trotters but not colts which usually is a gelding after a few months of training. Never had much luck but maybe with a couple and lost the ambition of a Hambo starter a long time ago. Which brings me to trotting fillies. Have had decent success over the years and that's the lane I stick to. I've done enough research on pedigree and crosses and what to stay away from. However all that takes money and more then a few lumps along the way. Also the old adage of a trotter will break your heart...is only so true. But be realistic and true which is only what I ask for from a trainer. Owners don't need to have smoke blown up their asses there isn't any room with the training and vet bills already stuffed up there. Fair and honest goes a long way to keeping owners. Recently, I do not see honest?

Purple Lavern

• Elite
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2019, 11:27:15 AM »
I like trotters too-
people don't realize that some of the stuff he has done is really next level stuff..
From the sales board to the videos to accessibility...

This way is probably not for everyone, especially the old guard but have met a lot of great people & because of that formed partnerships outside of the stable.

Bottom line he is bringing people into the game, a game that needs all the help it can get.

If there is some occasional smoke blowing or excuses for poor performance or horse..I have seen that down the line from many trainers.
GIMME SOME MONEY..I am looking for pound notes, loosee change, bad checks, anything..

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2019, 12:37:40 PM »
as an owner of 20 horses why do you care what others do?
are you a crusader??..The same crusader who was lauding the stable about a year ago..

So Anthony didn't sell you the horse thinking he could get more at the sale..
Happens all the time..horses go for more go for less...
So he rolled the dice & cost the 25 owners what $150 each...There are worse shaftings that go on in this business on a daily scale..

My thing to you is just move along..You seem to be doing well...so enjoy it..
The rest of us are big boys & girls & can spend our daddys money as we please..

Its more than this sale. He strung me along on bea my delight charging 6k a month for her to race

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2019, 12:39:55 PM »
Ive had over 50 trainers so i know when a trainer is being honest and when they are stringing you along for a training bill...

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2019, 12:52:44 PM »
PL I totally agree and for the most part like what is going on. Which is different promoting entertainment. But big picture it's a multi million dollar venture. So with that there is a thin line you can't cross. When you can't be exact with numbers and this is a numbers game...they don't lie. You can't cover up what he terms success when success comes in terms of money not a win picture. If his terms are only on people having fun it's different. When he says 20% are having a good year or up to this timeframe this year is the best year of the Stable and a success. It's not and not close. One can't cherry pick one jurisdiction that had some success and not mention 6 others that has been more of fail? You can't use the excuse PA is tougher when you had a Lawmaker or a White Tiger. Just remember numbers never lie..You can distort them but then you can be a Madoff in a lot of trouble. There are reasons why people don't get big in this industry it's hard and it's costly. If you have owners with deep pockets like Burke then it's possible to have a long run. How many known trainers have lost clients over time when the success ship starts to take on water? My only advice is for him to be true to what the stable is and if it's a bad year man up and say it's a bad year. I believe he did early on with the poor showing of 3 year olds.

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2019, 12:56:12 PM »
Just wait till this class of 2 year olds turns three...
He had almost all of them ready in june...
Rushed along and overraced and usually sent right from the gate is a recipe for not coming back good at 3

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal