Author Topic: Kinda like obscenity  (Read 1236 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Kinda like obscenity
« on: September 15, 2023, 06:12:59 PM »
I think it was 50 years ago or so that the Supreme Court punted back to the states on the subject of obscenity. I'f I'm not mistaken one justice famously said, "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it" In many ways can't this sentiment apply to future Hall of Famers? Not just in our sport, but in any. Been a Mets fan since I could talk. Loved the 80s naturally. When watching Gary Carter play, including his Expos day, you always knew day in and day out you were watching a lock solid HOFer, Keith Hernandez? Vastly above average player, but you never really had that "sure fire HOF" player in your gut feeling about Keith. When you see the real article, ya just know it.

This brings me to next year's festivities at Goshen. I see where Ed Lohmeyer is being selected/elected/appointed/squeezed in. Call it what you will. I do not want to throw cold water on his selection. Eddie has always been a class act, run a good ship and has built a fairly formidable resume justifying election, at least statistically. But come on old timers like me, He has been around 50 years and I 've seen much of him. When watching Eddie train and drive, did you REALLY have that feeling each time that HEY! There's a HOFer right there? I certainly didn't. A competitor to be respected for sure, but not a legend before my eyes.

Congrats to Eddie Lohmeyer - you have joined the Hall with Herve, Carmine, Buddy, Haughton, Dancer, Cruise, Tetrick, Takter and on and on. The ones we always knew.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
Re: Kinda like obscenity
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 07:33:09 PM »
I’d like to nominate SCM Mike Petrelli for HoF for next years ballots. Will Steve Jones and Ray Schnitker allow him to attend his induction ceremony?
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 07:40:25 PM »
Why do certain Ploppers keep writing about someone named SCM. Who gives a crap at this point. You have made your point now please just move on already. Now as far as Ed Lohmeyer is concerned I agree with Fug. I too thought he gave everyone a fair shot and remember him being a decent driver. But I thought he retired at least 10 years ago. What exactly has he done that makes him a standout I don’t know. That being said congratulations for the award.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 07:41:15 PM »
I think it was 50 years ago or so that the Supreme Court punted back to the states on the subject of obscenity. I'f I'm not mistaken one justice famously said, "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it" In many ways can't this sentiment apply to future Hall of Famers? Not just in our sport, but in any. Been a Mets fan since I could talk. Loved the 80s naturally. When watching Gary Carter play, including his Expos day, you always knew day in and day out you were watching a lock solid HOFer, Keith Hernandez? Vastly above average player, but you never really had that "sure fire HOF" player in your gut feeling about Keith. When you see the real article, ya just know it.

Ed’s a hall of famer in my book.

This brings me to next year's festivities at Goshen. I see where Ed Lohmeyer is being selected/elected/appointed/squeezed in. Call it what you will. I do not want to throw cold water on his selection. Eddie has always been a class act, run a good ship and has built a fairly formidable resume justifying election, at least statistically. But come on old timers like me, He has been around 50 years and I 've seen much of him. When watching Eddie train and drive, did you REALLY have that feeling each time that HEY! There's a HOFer right there? I certainly didn't. A competitor to be respected for sure, but not a legend before my eyes.

Congrats to Eddie Lohmeyer - you have joined the Hall with Herve, Carmine, Buddy, Haughton, Dancer, Cruise, Tetrick, Takter and on and on. The ones we always knew.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 12:06:00 AM »
Why do certain Ploppers keep writing about someone named SCM. Who gives a crap at this point. You have made your point now please just move on already. Now as far as Ed Lohmeyer is concerned I agree with Fug. I too thought he gave everyone a fair shot and remember him being a decent driver. But I thought he retired at least 10 years ago. What exactly has he done that makes him a standout I don’t know. That being said congratulations for the award.
SCM will remain a subject of discussion as long as this site stays active. He is the best ""Exposer" in ages.He is not afraid to look for wrongdoing in racing no matter who it involves! Without a regular member that will stir the pot on any issue, sites like this don't last long! SCM is the voice of equine atrocities in my book! 77z.chf 77z.chf

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 01:37:01 AM »
SCM will remain a subject of discussion as long as this site stays active. He is the best ""Exposer" in ages.He is not afraid to look for wrongdoing in racing no matter who it involves! Without a regular member that will stir the pot on any issue, sites like this don't last long! SCM is the voice of equine atrocities in my book! 77z.chf 77z.chf

Mailbox I don’t if I am the only Plopper but I have no idea who SCM is. I don’t know if he is a good guy or bad guy. I have no idea why SCM constantly appears here even when talking about someone or something, like Ed Lohmeyer, that I am assuming has nothing to do with him. Why did SCM appear on this particular thread anyway? It just seems absurd to me.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 07:40:23 AM »
Mailbox I don’t if I am the only Plopper but I have no idea who SCM is. I don’t know if he is a good guy or bad guy. I have no idea why SCM constantly appears here even when talking about someone or something, like Ed Lohmeyer, that I am assuming has nothing to do with him. Why did SCM appear on this particular thread anyway? It just seems absurd to me.
I know who SCM. I have spoken to the family in person and confirmed a lot of what is alleged on here about him personally.I do believe that much of SCM's "work" is well intentioned. Having said all that, I agree Theo, I find all the time and space devoted SCM on here tedious and annoying and i stay out of the fray. Can't understand why the people like Haku who hate him watch his youtube stuff and waste their time commenting on here. It is true threads that have ZERO to do with him sometimes devolve into a convo about him   UGH!!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal