Author Topic: Todays LINE of bull  (Read 5673 times)

Hush Limbaugh II

• Elite
Todays LINE of bull
« on: May 02, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:46:38 PM by Admin »
If YOU would "HUSH" up, YOU just might know WhatzzzzZ UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viking55

• Elite
The whole thing is BULLSHIT from ALL of them. They are ALL looking out for themselves.

hoosierboy

• Elite
Re: Todays LINE of bull
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 07:13:51 PM »
I agree

Refusedtopace

• Stakes Horse
Re: I Thought I Had Seen It All
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:06:25 PM »
Tom Luchento is president of HHI. He is concerned about the INTEGRITY in racing. That's like a child molester concerned about children's rights.
. Good one

Shadow Wave

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 06:19:11 PM »
At this time, horse racing in general, Harness Racing in particular, is TO BIG TO FAIL.  The collateral damage involved would be gigantic. There would be dramatic unemployment and loss of revenue to people that nobody even considers to be involved.  If the subsidy at Yonkers for example, was removed, racing there would probably cease to exist within a week.  That would start the domino effect.  It is, however, almost certain to happen due to generational not cyclical factors.

Refusedtopace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 09:08:34 PM »
If the state and federal government enforced the labor laws currently on the books Racing would end quickly. Grooms, hot walkers and other work long hours with no OT and many make below minimum wage. In 2018 it’s a freaking joke.

Charamar Mellow

• NW-1
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 10:27:43 PM »
At this time, horse racing in general, Harness Racing in particular, is TO BIG TO FAIL.  The collateral damage involved would be gigantic. There would be dramatic unemployment and loss of revenue to people that nobody even considers to be involved.  If the subsidy at Yonkers for example, was removed, racing there would probably cease to exist within a week.  That would start the domino effect.  It is, however, almost certain to happen due to generational not cyclical factors.

I disagree. Unfortunately, harness racing is much closer to the end than most presume. It won't be long until politicians make a decision that eliminates subsidizing a sport that can not even police itself. All it will take is a big time liberal governor and a big contribution from the animal right's fringe.  The states with a big T-bred presence might be somewhat insulated, but states without the revenues of big meets and the deep pockets on the T-bred side will be at risk.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don’t.

Shadow Wave

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 01:21:10 PM »
I disagree. Unfortunately, harness racing is much closer to the end than most presume. It won't be long until politicians make a decision that eliminates subsidizing a sport that can not even police itself. All it will take is a big time liberal governor and a big contribution from the animal right's fringe.  The states with a big T-bred presence might be somewhat insulated, but states without the revenues of big meets and the deep pockets on the T-bred side will be at risk.

I think we agree.  I give it two years at the most in order to prepare for the inevitable.

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 06:42:54 PM »
Maybe you should check yourself into the home for the criminally insane! You're just the latest in a long  line of idiots who have been preaching the demise of harness racing since Roosevelt closed!

Shadow Wave

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 01:45:39 AM »
Maybe you should check yourself into the home for the criminally insane! You're just the latest in a long  line of idiots who have been preaching the demise of harness racing since Roosevelt closed!

If you are talking to me, I can assure you I am not criminally insane by any stretch.  Secondly I actually thought you had a brain and a good opinion.  Lastly I love Harness Racing.  Been in it over 40 yrs.  It is hard for me to see what it has come too.  Like I said earlier, it's demise is generational.  When tracks start selling their backstretches and have to advertise like Little League baseball and can't find enough patrons to start a crap game, I would tend to believe that I am not the delusional one.

Parts Unknown

• 4 claimer
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 07:05:05 AM »
Until they clean harness racing fully up,things will never get better but much worst.The stuff that goes on behind the scenes is disgraceful.Its one of the most corrupt organizations around.The inmates run the prison and the prison sits back and doesnt care.They all take there cut and go home happy.Disgraceful .

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 07:10:43 AM »
Harness racing, like most things will go through an adjustment period where purses will moderate and track administrations will have to rethink their strategies! 30 and 40 horse stables, which corner the market and are at the forefront of the never ending quest to find new substances to force the animals to go faster than their body's are ready, must be dealt with! Yes, some tracks will definitely fold but a lot have already gone by the wayside. The ones that are in real danger occupy land that is too valuable to investors eg. Roosevelt, Brandywine, Garden State, etc. It is certainly a complex problem but better minds than you and I will figure it out!

Shadow Wave

• Top Claimer
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 05:33:48 PM »
Harness racing, like most things will go through an adjustment period where purses will moderate and track administrations will have to rethink their strategies! 30 and 40 horse stables, which corner the market and are at the forefront of the never ending quest to find new substances to force the animals to go faster than their body's are ready, must be dealt with! Yes, some tracks will definitely fold but a lot have already gone by the wayside. The ones that are in real danger occupy land that is too valuable to investors eg. Roosevelt, Brandywine, Garden State, etc. It is certainly a complex problem but better minds than you and I will figure it out!

Roosevelt was the flagship harness facility in the U.S. I never dreamed that Roosevelt would fall but Rockefeller made that happen. Besides the ones you named, there was also Liberty Bell, Rockingham Park, Suffolk Downs, Foxboro, Green Mountain, Hollywood Park, Bay Meadows, Sportsmen Park, Washington Park, Aurora, Maywood, Hazel Park, Windsor, and Detroit Race Course.  Most of these were Class 1 tracks.  No one, especially me, wants to see "the trots" fail, but as you said, it will take "better minds" to find the solution if in fact they want to.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal