Author Topic: Jeff likes to make his own rules.  (Read 2722 times)

Superfecta

• Elite
Jeff likes to make his own rules.
« on: May 16, 2023, 03:35:33 PM »
The Meadowlands is having a handicapping contest on Saturday for 18-30 year olds only. Isn’t that discriminating ? Can he legally do that ?

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
Re: Jeff likes to make his own rules.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 03:41:36 PM »
The Meadowlands is having a handicapping contest on Saturday for 18-30 year olds only. Isn’t that discriminating ? Can he legally do that ?

Is it this one (below)?

https://playmeadowlands.com/handicapping/contests-challenges/

If it is it's 18 or over, legal gambling age....

The only reference to "30" as I read it is...

"The deadline for selections each day is 30 minutes before 6:20 p.m. post time for the first race. After 30 minutes to post, all selections are final."

Is it possible it was just read wrong?, or maybe provide a link to the handicapping contest in question.  Thanks SUPERFECTA!  tmbz1

It's Official!

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 03:46:37 PM »
That’s not it. It’s an on track contest with $5,000 in prize money. It clearly says 18 year old to 30 year old. They have been doing it for about 4-5 years now. It just bothers me that if I wanted to enter I can’t. More Big M bullshit.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 03:47:59 PM »
I would post the link but I don’t know how to do it. I read about it at the USTA site.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 03:51:01 PM »
That’s not it. It’s an on track contest with $5,000 in prize money. It clearly says 18 year old to 30 year old. They have been doing it for about 4-5 years now. It just bothers me that if I wanted to enter I can’t. More Big M bullshit.

The $5000 was a good lead, thank you, different contest for sure lol I found it.  I'll talk to their attorneys to understand their rationale besides exclusion and wanting to aim youth (18-30) to be degenerate gamblers.  I'll advise soon.  Thanks.   ;D

https://www.drf.com/news/meadowlands-weekend-races-be-broadcast-nationally

https://ustrottingnews.com/meadowlands-to-host-30-and-under-handicapping-contest-saturday/
It's Official!

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 03:55:16 PM »
Thanks !!!

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 04:15:24 PM »
Thanks !!!

I spoke with Christy in guest services, and likely we figured out the person who was possibly the brain trust, responsible party and launcher of the contest, Director of Marketing & Event Operations Meadowlands Racetrack, Rachel Ryan, and I just left a message in her vm, 201 842 5015, and if it's not her that she forward to whomever, and if I don't hear back I'll reach out to Jeff.  I was nice though in the vm.

Sadly, I'm not sure age class in "contests'' may or may not fall under "sweepstakes" too, is protected like jobs, housing....but we're trying to figure it out.

Some federal guidance, and I believe the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) governs Contest law in the US, USPS if by mail too:

Eligibility

You must fully disclose who is eligible to participate in the promotion. This can specify age, location, and other factors, but all eligibility requirements must be transparent and permitted by law. In addition, it is generally wise to exclude any persons related to your company or the promotion.

As far as New Jersey...I think their information might be reliable:

https://american-sweeps.com/sweepstakes-contest-laws/new-jersey/

Not looking good bro!  They really need us to cherry pick their races and BANDED the rest very vocally, and tell the media they want to turn young people into degenerates and discriminate maybe not by law violation but by their discretion against loyal customers in this case of any age 31+!  Fucking Assholes!   ;D

« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 05:25:13 PM by Senator Blutarsky »
It's Official!

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 06:05:01 PM »
Rachel Ryan used to run the World Harness Handicapping Championships. A tournament for everyone including us older folks. That went in to the shitter when Derby Wars who was a sponsor lost the New York players. Derby Wars was running weekly feeder contests to get spots in numerous finals to win seats in to Rachel’s big tournament. Once they lost New York they lost a huge % of the players. They never offered out of state players hotel and air fare if they got in. She could have done a lot more to get more entries but I’m not on their payroll so I didn’t offer any suggestions. My point is that we had our own contest so I never complained about the 18-30 shit. Now that we don’t have anything I feel it’s wrong. I don’t even want to go there and compete. I bet from home now. It’s just the principle and this cunt with his rules. He lost me as a customer and I used to go to the old building 4-5 times a week. Weekends at the Pegasus when you had to wear a suit.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 06:11:44 PM »
Rachel Ryan used to run the World Harness Handicapping Championships. A tournament for everyone including us older folks. That went in to the shitter when Derby Wars who was a sponsor lost the New York players. Derby Wars was running weekly feeder contests to get spots in numerous finals to win seats in to Rachel’s big tournament. Once they lost New York they lost a huge % of the players. They never offered out of state players hotel and air fare if they got in. She could have done a lot more to get more entries but I’m not on their payroll so I didn’t offer any suggestions. My point is that we had our own contest so I never complained about the 18-30 shit. Now that we don’t have anything I feel it’s wrong. I don’t even want to go there and compete. I bet from home now. It’s just the principle and this cunt with his rules. He lost me as a customer and I used to go to the old building 4-5 times a week. Weekends at the Pegasus when you had to wear a suit.

Ok, so we're on the right track, 10-4, copy that thanks boss!

My last time at the Pegasus was around 2003, on a date, had Lobster Ravioli....it was eh ok...RR, she sounds like piece of work, Geff "Toto" Jural really knows how to recruit talent, and be the lowest bidder of none! 

Let's handicap and make some money, if you're serious, I'll dm you my cell.  Totos the loser, you went like 11 for 14 last Saturday, bro you were on FIRE!   ;D
It's Official!

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2023, 07:00:08 PM »
Gural has one rule: My Way or the Highway!
There's other tracks you can bet at.

Sad
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2023, 07:52:55 PM »
every track should be running contests on a weekly basis for a end of month final
not doing so is lazy and just poor business

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2023, 10:38:59 PM »
every track should be running contests on a weekly basis for a end of month final
not doing so is lazy and just poor business
These are the truest words that I have seen on here in a long time! tmbz1 tmbz1

carl baldwin

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2023, 06:37:10 AM »
I need to get a fake ID that says I am younger, never thought this problem would happen.  ngc3

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2023, 10:38:52 AM »
I need to get a fake ID that says I am younger, never thought this problem would happen.  ngc3

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3   That was from me!

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3  This was from Rachel Ryan who on orders from Geff Jural for the last 5 years to pump up the volume on the youth demographic there....their scholarship program produced no great BigM interest.  She returned my call while I was reading your post and she went nuts, we booth did, laughed hysterically!

If anyone has questions, suggestions in addition to her phone number already in this thread she said I (or you) can email her too ANYTIME:  RARYAN@playmeadowlands.com.

I suggested a partner contest.....to team up a kid and senior, youth and nostalgia handicapping contest (under and over 30)......she liked...she wrote it down for the next calender!   

I explained, we're bat shit crazy, angry and bangers (all gamblers), virtually unsatisfiable, she gets it, she said she's one of us, she was betting before it was legal for her to do so....who hasn't?!  ;D

It's Official!

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2023, 11:50:35 AM »
It is his track can do what ever he wants end of story stop crying.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    Today at 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    Today at 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal