Author Topic: HUSTON @ MVR TONITE > WHY?  (Read 3502 times)

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
HUSTON @ MVR TONITE > WHY?
« on: March 23, 2019, 12:02:41 PM »
SW Ohio is comfortable and satisfied w/ Barry & The Wizard at the SW OHIO loop.  Why-O-why perpetuate the slobbering miscalls of has-been Huston?  The guy is a legend only in his own mind.  Miami Valley Racing has a smooth operation  -  really no reason to disrupt the chemistry by squishing The * ahem * self-anointed / self-appointed Voice into the booth

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
Re: HUSTON @ MVR TONITE > WHY?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 12:48:02 PM »
Perhaps barry and wizard could take this break to walk down the hall to the judges or the tech dept. AND GET THEM TO WAKE UP AND TRACK THE HORSES BETTER ON THE TV as the race is underway.  We fans have NO idea who the horses are at the front...MVR must think we are listening to Barry's call (which is a good one)...but no, 80 percent of us watch mvr races off a sound down tv at teletheater....ge t this problem fixed and track your races with the electronic position numbers so we can all follow the race and know whete our horses are..every mvr race has at least 5 drivers with familiar red and white garb..
Thats ridiculous and just impossible to follow along.
No track is worse for this than MVR. None

So Barry and Wizard..thats your job while Roger tells us all to 'wager nowwwww'

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 01:08:33 PM »
if I remember correctly roger goes there every spring for a weeknd of racin callin met him 3 yrs ago ,,when I racing there good guy tmbz1
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 01:29:03 PM »
Roger is pure scum,a loudmouth liberal who thinks he is bigger than the sport,he will rot in hell

Ringo

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 01:38:16 PM »
Roger is pure scum,a loudmouth liberal who thinks he is bigger than the sport,he will rot in hell

Then you will be able to say hi to him for the rest of your days

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 03:41:41 PM »
Makes my ears bleed

Wawajones

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 04:01:11 PM »
Roger has to be the worst out there right now

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 04:14:16 PM »
if I remember correctly roger goes there every spring for a weeknd of racin callin met him 3 yrs ago ,,when I racing there good guy tmbz1

if harness racing is truly focused on expanding interest in the sport to a younger fan base .. then this old-style, cornpone style announcing has no place.  The audio needs today sizzle - decent between race music - and/or entertainment along the libnes of minor league baseball.  Every night should be an event.  For crying out loud, any single night at the front line tracks, there's a million dollar roster of athletes competing .. there's cast of driving professionals and behind the scenes experienced trainers and grooms.  Blend in a gate operator and outrider and just think of the players required every race day to put out such a terrific entertainment product.  Raceways and Horsemen Associations and State Racing Commissions really oughta leverage the product to promote a big, big fan base.  To me, a weekend of Huston on the microphone just doesn't measure up

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 04:34:54 PM »
Nobody cares,,, they just want the welfare

Gym Jeffersun

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 05:57:45 PM »
The "MOUTH" is starting to feel the wrath of Mr Loewe............ ................. ..You are correct in stating "bigger then the game" and a "legend in his own mind"................. .....We can only hope for an early Christmas present.......... ................. .....
Just love doing the broadcast. Shuley, Chumlee, Paddock have gotten used to the holier than thou attitude. We only work on the show, because we get paid. Dealing with Ringo is a different story.

Dick from Dayton

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 06:01:27 PM »
The "MOUTH" is starting to feel the wrath of Mr Loewe............ ................. ..You are correct in stating "bigger then the game" and a "legend in his own mind"................. .....We can only hope for an early Christmas present.......... ................. .....

Loewe was brought there to get rid of roger huston, just like he was given the raceway park job, to close it down. He is one of penn nationals hatchet men

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 11:27:16 PM »
WHAT the fuc is YOU PEOPLE obbsion on RACE CALLERS. NOT ONE PERSON in WORLD cares WHO the FUC calling a RACE.
Ever look at COLORS and #. When 1 bets on a FUCKIN horse. You watchin that BEAST. You not payin attention to WHO CARES what RACE caller say's.

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 11:35:00 PM »
YOU watchin your pony. WHO cares about anything else.
But let me degress. You'S IDIOTS playin a straight finis TOP to BOTTOM on some mysterious new bet and need EXACT RACE CALL.
HERE'S a IDEA. GO clean yous toilet bowls durin race or races. Because I'm sure they FILTHLY.
Mines CLEAN. I was taught,ARMY. You MORONS are FILTH.

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 12:37:25 AM »
WHAT the fuc is YOU PEOPLE obbsion on RACE CALLERS. NOT ONE PERSON in WORLD cares WHO the FUC calling a RACE.
Ever look at COLORS and #. When 1 bets on a FUCKIN horse. You watchin that BEAST. You not payin attention to WHO CARES what RACE caller say's.

You, FRANK, are unquestionable proof that aliens have landed and we have no worries because you, Frank, and your alien posse are absolute illiterates.  My glory, man, two posts that are unintelligible jibberish w/o  two words in a row remotely delivered from the English language.  Mayne you're the one that should clean the toilet bowl - but, OH, stop drinking the suds in the tidy bowl.

Overcheck

• Top Claimer
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 12:54:11 AM »
Double edged sword.  Roger is not what he once was but he is still probably the best ambassador for the sport we have today.  You have to admire his work ethic even if you dont like him.  Sam McKee, rest his soul, was probably going to carry the torch, but I dont know who who is going to.  I'm not talking about race calling I'm talking about being a spokesperson.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal