Author Topic: Jenny Bon Bon, the non-trainer, in the crosshairs of HHU  (Read 13863 times)

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
Re: Jenny Bon Bon, the non-trainer, in the crosshairs of HHU
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2023, 01:41:45 PM »
has it changed ? I know its been awhile, but I had to have 5 trainers sign for me that they witnessed me training and rating a horse.

Exactly. Besides the test you had to have licensed trainers sign for you verifying your capability on the track and in the barn. Has that changed?

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2023, 02:26:59 PM »
Exactly. Besides the test you had to have licensed trainers sign for you verifying your capability on the track and in the barn. Has that changed?
No.  You still need 5 or 6 signatures from trainers.  Not hard to get if you got the right talents

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2023, 02:32:22 PM »
No.  You still need 5 or 6 signatures from trainers.  Not hard to get if you got the right talents
this biggest holdup was that I had to supply the names of trainers -- they would mail the application to the trainer and then wait till 5 returned.

Almost everyone knew me, getting names was easy. They saw me on the track and at minimum knew I was competent. But  it took a few weeks before the USTA called me to say to come in and take the test.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2023, 04:13:43 PM »
has it changed ? I know its been awhile, but I had to have 5 trainers sign for me that they witnessed me training and rating a horse.
I don't know it it's because I was rather young, but I had to have Joe Marsh jr. watch me go a trip in a prescribed time. I actually went 2 seconds faster. ngc3 I guess it was him because he was the driver's rep. to management at the time.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2023, 04:16:56 PM »
I agree is is half nutz but he has a point.  She isn't even there with the horses 99% of the time.  She's too busy laying around all day playing on her phone being with Sears who she repeatedly refers to as her BF on camera.
I agree essentially. It's just that he comes off like what he is. A bitter old guy who couldn't function in the business and always has a 10 foot ax to grind. If he was more moderate and had a resume that mattered, I would believe his motives were more altruistic.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2023, 04:40:25 PM »
A driver get's approved and he starts with Qua / Fair License then goes to P then to A.  If your a trainer you just give out a few Bj's and your training 20-40 head at Meadowlands next week.  This would never happen in T-breds.  You have to be trainer for a min one year before you can train one.  They are much stricter in there rules.

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2023, 04:59:24 PM »
This not about Jen but response to last post...harness trainers know 100times more about a horse than t bred trainers...they do nothing except rely on others....hey bud go twoMiles jog today...see u in barn....harness trainers hands on....t bred trainers can't breath the sa m e air as harness trainers....I can go on and on

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2023, 05:00:57 PM »
I agree essentially. It's just that he comes off like what he is. A bitter old guy who couldn't function in the business and always has a 10 foot ax to grind. If he was more moderate and had a resume that mattered, I would believe his motives were more altruistic.
He just made you his next subject,  only blasted you for a minute though

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2023, 05:32:38 PM »
He just made you his next subject,  only blasted you for a minute though

I didn't think he picked on grooms.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2023, 05:35:43 PM »
I didn't think he picked on grooms.
I can only take from this is that Mike Petrelli was a groom? Otherwise i don't understand. Sorry

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2023, 05:41:39 PM »

Definitely has a motive...but doesn't make what he is saying untrue.  He just ripped PK a new one.  Good for him, PK thinks he's better than everyone.  I guess he forgot about his checkered past!

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2023, 05:41:44 PM »
Her cross hairs?

Those neatly waxed short hairs.... 11.lapz
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2023, 06:12:25 PM »
He is a raging nut.

There’s quite a few nuts on horseplop too!
Your point is??

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2023, 06:15:11 PM »
Speaking of Nut. How about Jen B getting nutted on? She used to be even hotter with that black patch of landing strip.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2023, 06:22:47 PM »
This not about Jen but response to last post...harness trainers know 100times more about a horse than t bred trainers...they do nothing except rely on others....hey bud go twoMiles jog today...see u in barn....harness trainers hands on....t bred trainers can't breath the sa m e air as harness trainers....I can go on and on

Name me one harness trainer that switched over to T-Breds and had any success?  I never said T-bred trainers were better, I said it was much harder to get a license and race.  We are letting people have General Trainers license who couldn't be a groom for most top stables.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal