Author Topic: Half Mile Track Question  (Read 969 times)

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
Half Mile Track Question
« on: October 11, 2023, 03:47:13 PM »
When a trainer has a closer, without much early speed, and gets post 7 or 8, do most trainers tell a catch driver to just train the horse or do most drivers just know to stay back?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: Half Mile Track Question
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 05:05:19 PM »
I never gave any driver any instructions in any situation ever. I just let things play out naturally. I have had drivers ( Herve and Gary Mosher ) most notably tell me exactly where we gonna finish and that's exactly where we finished. Herve was allowed this luxury, Gary Mosher having been in NY about a month was not! Gary tried that shit from what i am told with Perry Steinkohl and his brother Ira tried to run Gary over with a VW Bug. Went tearing right down a shedrow at RR, from what I heard ngc3 ngc3

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 05:12:39 PM »
I never gave any driver any instructions in any situation ever. I just let things play out naturally. I have had drivers ( Herve and Gary Mosher ) most notably tell me exactly where we gonna finish and that's exactly where we finished. Herve was allowed this luxury, Gary Mosher having been in NY about a month was not! Gary tried that shit from what i am told with Perry Steinkohl and his brother Ira tried to run Gary over with a VW Bug. Went tearing right down a shedrow at RR, from what I heard ngc3 ngc3
OMG!!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 05:17:40 PM »
Perry was a tough little SOB, excellent with a lame horse and good people. I miss him. They say, Ira who I barely knew was just plain crazy! they say Perry was the first trainer at YR/RR to win over 200 races in a calendar year ( like 229) Then Larry Summer and Joe Guarino broke that record. Maybe others have too, I dunno.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2023, 05:34:51 PM »
When a trainer has a closer, without much early speed, and gets post 7 or 8, do most trainers tell a catch driver to just train the horse or do most drivers just know to stay back?
Drivers read the program too.  They know what they have.  I saw an old video last week where Herve said the first thing he did was to read the program.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 05:45:26 PM »
I wouldn’t use a driver that I thought needed instructions. Put them on the gate and make a plan when they say go. I had a driver years ago. Won 4 in a row then had 8 hole on 1/2 mile track. He was 2 lengths off the gate then strangled him to get away last in 29 second quarter. When the entry for the next week came out he called and asked why he wasn’t driving. I said I don’t need to stay up till 2am to train one. Never used him again

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2023, 06:01:55 PM »

Does your wife tell you how to FUC?
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal