Author Topic: Time has come admin to launch Fuguzzi!  (Read 6561 times)

moelarrythecheese

• Stakes Horse
Re: Time has come admin to launch Fuguzzi!
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2023, 08:11:17 PM »
Let him continue.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2023, 10:12:53 PM »
He's fine. Very knowledgeable. Has good stories etc.

Nothing wrong with the man unless he starts talking politics, LOL

Amen.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2023, 10:59:40 PM »
Fuguzzi is a great horseplopper who knows his shit. So fucken what were all old. The guy is brilliant and has the best stories of the good old days of harness racing. Rock on fuguzzi
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2023, 01:14:19 AM »
I love Fuguzzi! I'd love him even more if he gave me a winner!!!!! LOL!
I'd give you more winners if I had em. I know I am outside the mainstream on here, but I truly don't gamble anymore. In fact, I've only made 2 bets on racing all year. 1 Up Your Deo/Oh Well exacta box for 50  in Hambo. I am headed for the windows deep stretch until Scotty Z. does his Moses impression and parts the seas. Loser
2 Mammamia Volo - Start of the win streak at 12-1 25w/25p - she rumbles home for the victory - Winner  so i am 1 for 2 for the year!

But believe me I sure used to bet. Plenty of nights I did better in the grandstand than on the racetrack. Plenty not. As some of my older friends will attest to, there was so much more value in WPS, DD, EXacta that you didn't have to go around shopping for implied value, such as Supers, Take 5s, looking for Carryovers, etc - nothing wrong with that stuff mind you and i respect you guys who know how to bet into those things. Just too exasperating for me. I just was brought up on hearing about a live horse from a good barn, putting down a couple hundred to win and if things worked out, getting 4, 5, 6 to 1 or better. Not 2.60 on a NW 2 lifetime in a 6 horse field at Monti with Mike Merton. Funny thing is in those days there was always an "international tip or two" that reverberated all over the racetrack from the track kitchen to the paddock to the mutuel tellers in the grandstand and still somehow, if it won the horse always paid at least 2 - 1. Musta been the big pools. Some of you may remember an owner named Norman Brill who owned all the "Bells" horses. In those days he was involved in a conspiratorial group of drivers and trainers whose goal was to take out %40 percent of the early DD pool as often as they could . Back then you were talking $30 to $40k. And so it went!

Again, Thanks to all 73cv.2

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2023, 05:36:52 AM »
I'd give you more winners if I had em. I know I am outside the mainstream on here, but I truly don't gamble anymore. In fact, I've only made 2 bets on racing all year. 1 Up Your Deo/Oh Well exacta box for 50  in Hambo. I am headed for the windows deep stretch until Scotty Z. does his Moses impression and parts the seas. Loser
2 Mammamia Volo - Start of the win streak at 12-1 25w/25p - she rumbles home for the victory - Winner  so i am 1 for 2 for the year!

But believe me I sure used to bet. Plenty of nights I did better in the grandstand than on the racetrack. Plenty not. As some of my older friends will attest to, there was so much more value in WPS, DD, EXacta that you didn't have to go around shopping for implied value, such as Supers, Take 5s, looking for Carryovers, etc - nothing wrong with that stuff mind you and i respect you guys who know how to bet into those things. Just too exasperating for me. I just was brought up on hearing about a live horse from a good barn, putting down a couple hundred to win and if things worked out, getting 4, 5, 6 to 1 or better. Not 2.60 on a NW 2 lifetime in a 6 horse field at Monti with Mike Merton. Funny thing is in those days there was always an "international tip or two" that reverberated all over the racetrack from the track kitchen to the paddock to the mutuel tellers in the grandstand and still somehow, if it won the horse always paid at least 2 - 1. Musta been the big pools. Some of you may remember an owner named Norman Brill who owned all the "Bells" horses. In those days he was involved in a conspiratorial group of drivers and trainers whose goal was to take out %40 percent of the early DD pool as often as they could . Back then you were talking $30 to $40k. And so it went!

Again, Thanks to all 73cv.2

Didn’t Norman Duplaise train for Brill?

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2023, 09:00:20 AM »
Norman took a ton of money out of the windows.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2023, 09:04:24 AM »
Didn’t Norman Duplaise train for Brill?
He ncertainly did. But I feel very late 70s/early80s I vaguely remember him being with a large public barn like a Regan or Meittinis and Herve driving for him. It was Rejean who told me "brill is trying to take out the Double every night" So long ago, I just feel like there were other barns besides Dauplaise.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2023, 09:16:13 AM »
Norman lived in Benny DeFonce's cellar when he first came to NY

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2023, 09:18:14 AM »
OH WOW! Now there is a name from antiquity Ben Defonce. Geez. Amazing how vast your store of info is.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2023, 09:24:51 AM »
Shame there isn't a nostalgia forum for all those stories. Oh wait there is 11.wp

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2023, 10:58:15 AM »
He ncertainly did. But I feel very late 70s/early80s I vaguely remember him being with a large public barn like a Regan or Meittinis and Herve driving for him. It was Rejean who told me "brill is trying to take out the Double every night" So long ago, I just feel like there were other barns besides Dauplaise.
It was Stu Dorfman. He was at the BIgM in a barn adjacent to mine when I was grooming. He had several Brill horses with him at the time. He had some crazy stories. Funny guy, Stu.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2023, 12:22:54 PM »

As some of my older friends will attest to, there was so much more value in WPS, DD, EXacta that you didn't have to go around shopping for implied value, such as Supers, Take 5s, looking for Carryovers, etc

I'll attest to it.  So much dead money before slots and simulcasting.  You could make a living by betting back then without knowing anyone who had "inside info".  I had to quit the betting part when the dead money disappeared and didn't even bother with the "sport" for 20 years.  When I did come back about a dozen years ago I was appalled at the pools and the way odds changed after the bell.  No way to make any money without dumb luck nowadays IMO. 

Shame there isn't a nostalgia forum for all those stories. Oh wait there is 11.wp
Yes and in truth very few bother to go over there.  Some of the same topics but no bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 12:25:33 PM by The Thorn »

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2023, 12:34:35 PM »

Do you remember Brill used a Hungarian trainer around 84 or so George Geigl?

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2023, 02:28:34 PM »
Hey fuzzy I knew Normans man that did his betting. His name was Andy. Knew him and Benny very well.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2023, 02:53:32 PM »
OH WOW! Now there is a name from antiquity Ben Defonce. Geez. Amazing how vast your store of info is.

Benny …a great guy.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    Today at 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal