Author Topic: meadowland Picks: Saturday, July 28  (Read 4212 times)

harnessmaven

• NW-1
meadowland Picks: Saturday, July 28
« on: July 28, 2018, 04:16:17 PM »
Race One:

5 BOBJACKS ANGLE A is not for the faint-of-heart, nor for that matter, the weak-kneed.  My off-the-wall, out-of-left-field selection in this “Big M” opener is this Aussie-bred aged-gelding, the aforementioned: Bobjacks Angle A.   I see this lid-lifter as a wide-open affair.  One of those anything-can-happen, throwing-darts-at-a-dartboard-blindfolded kinda races.  Frankly, I could make a case for a minimum of four or five horses.  Yet, quite frankly, and I might add, unabashedly, I’m looking for value (As “Duran Duran” might have said: “I’m hungry like the wolf”.).  It’s one thing to pick an even-money shot; yet it’s a whole ‘nother story to pick a high-paying longshot…and have it pop.  In this case, I wouldn’t rush off to the bank and make a withdrawal, nor would I cash in a life insurance policy.  I’m just trying to come up with a horse whom I believe has a chance of winning…at a price.  This gelding will need everything to break, just right, if he’s going to grace the winner’s circle.   “Smitty,” Steve Smith, is in the bike for trainer Karen Garland.  Others: 4 Cindy’s Party Boat; 2 Black Hammer; 9 Justa Camilion.

Race Two:

5 CELEBRITY RUTH moves into a mid-pack starting post and picks up the driving skills of “The White Knight,” Brian Sears.  By the way, Sears, a Ft. Lauderdale, FL native, has won next Saturday’s “Hambo” three times: 2009, 2013, and 2015.  This Archangel-bred trotting mare has been the model of consistency.  Yes, there was one hiccup.  However, I consider that an aberration.   In her last, this gal finished 3rd to the other-worldly Hannelore Hanover.  This Tom Ridge-bred was quite competitive in that one.  She covered the last panel in a swift :26.4.   Trond Smedshammer is this mare’s conditioner.  Others: 6 JL Cruze; 7 Pinkman; 5 Caprice Hill.

Race Three:

9 EVERY WAY OUT.  Proverbially, I’m stickin’ my baby toe in the water.  I just don’t know what to expect.  Outside starting post, it concerns.  Does he need a race?  Maybe?  I’m just not quite sure.  Personally, I’m picking him, but, on the other hand, I’m treading lightly.  I’ll be watching him closely on the track.  If you’re looking at the glass of water as “high full,” you’ve gotta say, “If this guy is any semblance of his former self, he can prevail.”  Yet, that is the mystery.  The conundrum.  “The Bionic Man” from the Great Plains (Flora, IL, east of St. Louis), Tim Tetrick, handles the lines for trainer Dylan Davis.  Others: 4 Outcry; 3 Voice of the Truth; 5 Sportsmanship.

Race Four:

3 MET’S HALL is my pick in this Reynolds Memorial.  This Cantab Hall-bred 3-year old bay colt has, in his corner, “Team Orange Crush,” Andy Miller and his wife, Julie.  This Mutineer-bred finished a closing 3rd last week on a sloppy track in The Tompkins.  I believe this colt fits well in this field.  He should be forwardly placed. This guy is “Hambo”-eligible (will he trot?).  He appears to be rounding into form.  Others: 7 Missile Hill; 8 Tae Kwon Deo; 2 FashionWoodChoppe r.

Race Five:

7 MANCHEGO.  That was some mile this Muscle Hill-bred bay filly turned in two weeks ago in the Del Miller Memorial.  It took world-record time to beat her, and then by a skinny nose.  If she came out of that race “in fine fiddle” then should be able to handle this field (she did miss a week).  Yannick Gingras reprises the drive for trainer Jimmy Takter.  Others: 4 Hey Blondie; 2 Bill’s Lady; 9 Seviyorum.

Race Six:

2 HIGHALATOR. This 4-year old Somebeachsomewher e-bred horse put together a solid effort on a sloppy track at Pocono last week; he was narrowly 2nd in 1:50.4.  Prior to that this guy finished 6th in The Haughton Memorial; yet his #10 starting post in that one didn’t afford him many options.  This evening, this Western Terror-bred draws inside; he also picks up the services of the sometimes underrated Eric Abbatiello.  “EA…He’s In ‘The Game’”.  He should be sitting “a stalk and pounce” trip.  Slight whip-tap urging and…all the sudden: Arriverderci!  Jenny Bier trains and part-owns this High and Higher-bred. Others: 3 Miso Fast; 7 Western Joe; 1 Check Six.

Race Seven:

6 LIVE LAUGH LOVE.  This alliterative, philosophically-named Donato Hanover-bred bay filly was last seen finishing 3rd in the Del Miller Memorial.  But look who beat her: Plunger Blue Chip and Manchego!  Nuthin to be ashamed off.  This Nifty Norman-trainee should be out and winging when the wings retract and the starter’s car speeds off.  This gal has the services of what I consider (I’m not alone) one the best harness racing drivers in North America, the Hall-of-Famer, “Buckeye,” Dave Miller.  This SJs Caviar-bred has been the model of consistency; she’s hit the board in all seven of her 2018 races.  Others: 5 Phaetosive; 8 Plunge Blue Chip; 2 Lima Novelty.

Race Eight:

6 CRYSTAL FASHION is “Hambo”-eligible.  This 3-year old Cantab Hall-bred gelding was impressive in his last race; he won a PA Sire Stakes event at Harrah’s Philly.  This guy has finished 1st or 2nd in all seven of all 2018 pari-mutuel starts.  “The Bionic Man,” Tim Tetrick, is in the sulky for trainer Jim Campbell.  Others: 7 Hill Street; 4 Patent Leather; 5 Mississippi Storm.

Race Nine:

7 SANTIAGO STYLE was 2nd to a runaway winner last week.  Now, this 5-year old chestnut gelding moves outside to post #7.  This will make it tougher; yet this fella – make no mistake – is a classy standardbred.  He’s most capable of garnering his 5th win of the 2018 racing campaign.  Brian Sears reprises the drive for trainer Bob Bongiorno.  Others: 9 Sam’s Triple Crown; 1 Express Stride N; 5 Quality Bud.

Race Ten:

9 SHNEOUCRZYDIAMND A (Yes, a “Pink Floyd” song named in honor of a band member who left the group early, Syd Barrett).  This Somebeachsomewher e Aussie-bred 5 year-old does draw a difficult starting post.  Yet, with the best of trips, this Bettor’s Delight-bred can be right there at the wire.  This fella has faced better at the Ol’ Hilltop, a.k.a., Yonkers Raceway.  He drew some tough starting post there; yet he still held his own.  “The Outside” at Yonkers ½ mile oval can be like “bacio della morte”.  “The Thunder from ‘Down Under’,” Andrew McCarthy, is in the bike.  His fellow Aussie, “The Crocodile Man,” Ross Croghan, handles the training duties.  If this horse prevails – which I believe he can – I’ll have to crack open a Foster’s, “Australian for beer, Mate”.  Others: 5 Motown N; 3 Century Churchill; 4 Bruce’s Magic.

Race Eleven:

1 LIVE ON has been facing better at both Harrah’s Philly and “The Big M”; he now gets both class and post position relief.  This could the “wake-up call” race.  At the end of last month, this Four Starzzz Shark-bred stopped the tele-timer at 1:49.4; he finished 3rd in that one.  This Life Sign-bred will be driven by Brett Miller.  Tom Fanning of the Fanning Racing Stable trains this 9-year old bay gelding.  Others: 2 Good Living; 3 Rocket J; 9 Lone Wolf Terror.

Race Twelve:

9 NY WHITE SOX is my longshot try here.  This Artiscape-bred gelding must overcome the outside post.  In addition, there is other early speed in this race that could challenge this fella for the top spot.  Eric Abbatiello, the son of “The Red Man,” Carmine Abbatiello, must be careful to avoid a speed-duel if he stands any chance of winning this race.  Jim Doherty, Jr. partially owns and trains this Island Fantasy-bred.  Others: 1 FrankandJoanne; 3 Crombie A; 5 Victory at Last.

Equus Caballus

• Elite
Re: meadowland Picks: Saturday, July 28
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 07:44:15 PM »
jl cruze in the 2nd

nice orice

Broken Feet Stable

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 08:00:13 PM »
jl cruze in the 2nd

nice orice

yes

a very nice orice

you are sharp tmbz1

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Who are these guys at eating bigm contests
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 09:20:55 PM »
It's disgusting

Fck slob was in a
Weinny eating contest
And
Shrimp eating contest

On THE SAME FUCKIN DAY

WDF. Slob free food
And idiot like
Gar ee dee Lee ooo

Encouraging the slob
On

WDF
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 09:25:14 PM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Rabbi Of Racing

Re: Who are these guys at eating bigm contests
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 09:25:11 PM »
Where is Joey Chestnut? He is a BIG harness player

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 09:25:53 PM »
Where is Joey Chestnut? He is a BIG harness playerg u

Sucking Cock how should I know
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 09:26:26 PM »

Gar ee dee Lee ooo

gaaaaaaarrrrrrryy yyyyy dellleeeoo

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 09:29:55 PM »
Dave Little?

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 09:54:42 PM »
blonde magic my hunch play

pahetosiv my bet in the 7th

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 10:01:47 PM »
pahetosiv my bet in the 7th.............. Best trotter that ever lived,no one could argue

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 10:02:46 PM »
pahetosiv my bet in the 7th.............. Best trotter that ever lived,no one could argue
\

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

please stop

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 10:13:32 PM »
She will get beat in the Oaks

Broken Feet Stable

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 10:24:35 PM »
She will get beat in the Oaks

dont be so sure

Trond has this one rolling

Carnival People

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 10:30:06 PM »
Dave Miller stiffed the #8 horse in the 8th race.   Pretended to try late.  These guys are desperate to cash tickets and they're not good at cheating.  They make it obvious. 

EPM

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 10:30:47 PM »
R9 p3 12/14/13

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal