Author Topic: Anthony Macdonald and the Stable 100,000 dollar disaster.  (Read 6629 times)

mwins

• Open / FFA
Re: Anthony Macdonald and the Stable 100,000 dollar disaster.
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2024, 11:26:29 AM »
Ever wonder why Amac runs a 100 head fractional business?
Pretty sure it's because he couldn't possibly have a 30 horse stable on his own. He's not a very talented trainer, and he is a terrible driver.

He is however smart enough to make a very good living through fractional ownership because he doesn't really answer to real owners.

AvacadoSIzw

• NW-1
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2024, 11:31:07 AM »
I'm 99% sure most of these negative posters are competing trainers that don't have the wisdom or balls to do what AMAC has done...bitching wont change your fate

AvacadoSIzw

• NW-1
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2024, 11:36:53 AM »
As far as Steel Cowboy goes, I had the chance to buy a piece but watched some of his races for the Marty/Amanda Fine and he was bumpy gaited back then.  Horse is not lame, just doesn't have a fluid gait.  I passed and glad I did as admittedly The Stable wasn't able to make any progress with him.

brownmoose13

• Top Claimer
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2024, 11:59:21 AM »
I'm 99% sure most of these negative posters are competing trainers that don't have the wisdom or balls to do what AMAC has done...bitching wont change your fate

If you are right then I am in the 1%....never a trainer, always an owner. I suggest you look into the shenanigans Amac pulled   with Steve Palermo with High Gear No Fear.

AvacadoSIzw

• NW-1
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2024, 12:04:43 PM »
Do elaborate...I'm all ears.  Maybe you change my mind...

brownmoose13

• Top Claimer
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2024, 12:18:15 PM »
Bought the horse from Palermo, one of his best friends. Horse was racing at Yonkers and on getting worse. Amac bought the horse for either $60K. or $65K, sold  shares touting that the horse was an open trotter. Paid Palermo $50K and Amac pocketed the rest. HGNF made just over $1000 and was sold for under $15K. With expenses for 4-6 months you do the math. Certainly not an arms length transaction. The only facts you can check are what Amac paid for HGNF, what he made, and what he sold for. You connect the dots about the rest.
About 4 years ago I bought a horse off Amac for 9K. He told the investors he sold the horse for 6K. Problem for Amac was that one of the partners loved the horse and wanted to purchase a third of him for $2K. Had to tell him he was not for sale and that I paid 9K. When he confronted Amac, Amac said he had the horse confused with another and had to admit to the 9K sale and the had to cough up the $3K to the partners. I had the check to prove the 9K purchase.
So if you think these are 2 isolated cases I think you are badly mistaken

AvacadoSIzw

• NW-1
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2024, 12:29:35 PM »
Sounds like the sorta stuff that goes on daily in the harness racing business...I do realize that Palermo and AMAC are good friends, but CAVEAT EMPTOR.  I never buy into TheStable.ca horses w/o looking at the racelines and watching the horses recent races, and even then the price has to make sense.  I've passed on a bunch and some have gone on to do well (Texsong Soprano), and I've bought into some that have disappointed (not Steel Cowboy).  I'm just looking for some action and with The Stable, I've found great action and although AMAC isn't the best driver or trainer (he doesn't claim to be) he's good enough for my purposes and perfection does not exist in a fractional ownership way.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2024, 12:44:16 PM »
Not the first time AMac has pulled that kind of stuff. Got a long suspension in Ontario about 10 years ago for the same kind of thing. Told the owner horse was no good and they should sell to Amish for $2000. AMac got the papers and changed the horses name. Fortunately the owner saw the horse at the races and thought he looked familiar. Looked him up and found the name had been changed from what it was when he owned him.

mgriffin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2024, 01:25:01 PM »
Someone asked me who the horse I own the 1% in is.
Based on my years being on this forum, reading the comments (good and bad) it is not worth it to me.
There is too much negativity, so I will pass.

I am a fan, not a horseman. I do not have family in the business.
Always wanted to own a horse and this was a way for me to get started on a low scale.
We will see where it takes me.

As a 1% owner, who does not know AMAC at all, I do not feel compelled to get involved in the everyday dealings with my 2YOFP.
He runs the operation and is very good with communicating when asked.
I can only hope they can get the horse to the races and time will tell.
Until he gives me a reason to get out, I will enjoy the ride and fun with my friends who also own shares.
If the horse does get to the races and I am fortunate enough to be in the winner's circle for a race, I will post the picture.

Best of luck to all the people that own and race horses.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2024, 02:01:38 PM »
Someone asked me who the horse I own the 1% in is.
Based on my years being on this forum, reading the comments (good and bad) it is not worth it to me.
There is too much negativity, so I will pass.

I am a fan, not a horseman. I do not have family in the business.
Always wanted to own a horse and this was a way for me to get started on a low scale.
We will see where it takes me.

As a 1% owner, who does not know AMAC at all, I do not feel compelled to get involved in the everyday dealings with my 2YOFP.
He runs the operation and is very good with communicating when asked.
I can only hope they can get the horse to the races and time will tell.
Until he gives me a reason to get out, I will enjoy the ride and fun with my friends who also own shares.
If the horse does get to the races and I am fortunate enough to be in the winner's circle for a race, I will post the picture.

Best of luck to all the people that own and race horses.

Good luck. Your first win is something you will never forget

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2024, 03:00:03 PM »
as i said buyer beware
if you stick to the horses bought at public auctions you know what the real numbers are
i agree with some of the comments  that when you start dealing in private transactions  this is where it gets sketchy and it has for years
also know who you are dealing with, if some of these stories are in fact true than you should have your guard up and tread carefully when buying into horses the stable has

mgriffin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2024, 03:42:17 PM »

Good luck. Your first win is something you will never forget

I agree. I will probably see it via Simulcast, as she will be in Ohio and I am in the New England area.
Still will be cool. Probably be a watch party with friends who also own a piece.
Thank you.

mgriffin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2024, 03:59:50 PM »
as i said buyer beware
if you stick to the horses bought at public auctions you know what the real numbers are
i agree with some of the comments  that when you start dealing in private transactions  this is where it gets sketchy and it has for years
also know who you are dealing with, if some of these stories are in fact true than you should have your guard up and tread carefully when buying into horses the stable has

Always buyer beware, you are right. That is why I went in small to start. A friend of mine's cousin is a trainer and I hope to meet him this Spring to pick his brain about the business, my current set-up, so I can learn more and make even more informed decisions for the future. This trainer has a Hambo winner, so I am looking forward to that conversation.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2024, 08:20:49 PM »
Won't be long before the new pitch will begin....."and you too can be a fractional owner of the new TheStable ranch and when you come see your investments train,you will be standing on the ground that you are a part owner of!"  tmbz1 ngc3

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal