Author Topic: The Silvermans  (Read 5810 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: The Silvermans
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2023, 04:04:37 PM »
Illinois finally got him and eventually Brian Pelling for sublimaze. Suspended both for "the duration of your natural life"
That's good to hear. My owner/contact/partner died young of cancer early 90s, so after that the whole "illinois crew" was off my radar.

I recall Brian Pelling mid 80s would send faxes to owners and trainers around the country ( pre internet ) of his horses programs. He would send you some 18k claimer of his with the name circled and at the top it would say something like " sound raceway horse, a steal at 22k!" ) while the horse was in for 18k. He had no shame! LOL wish i had kept a few of those for laughs.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2023, 07:06:11 PM »
Last time I saw Richie he was at a farm near Balliston Spa, that was a while ago.

pickfourny

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2023, 07:47:35 PM »
When I hear the name Glowing Report I think of the other great mares of that time period like Eternal Camnation,  Bunny Lake, and Burning Point.  Tough group of racing mares back then!

towtruck

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2023, 07:56:00 PM »
I got some bad news, the ship went down and the horse didn't make it,,, ngc3
Wherever your going i came back already!

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2023, 09:30:23 PM »
No one made it out proper.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Lotsofpace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2023, 09:49:03 PM »
I got some bad news, the ship went down and the horse didn't make it,,, ngc3

Ha! Best part about Larry Rollas book was that story.
  ngc3

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2023, 09:57:19 PM »
Ok lets be clear. Started at 19 in Chi. with Willis and Graham after growing up in NE. then went on to the Meadowlands and worked for Jerry Silverman and Lew Williams and then slowly and with much struggle early, went on my own. I know nothing about breeding and enough about shoeing to get by. Anything I learned came mostly from listening to and watching John Santoro as he shod horses. I have clearly stated that I NEVER DROVE A RACE IN MY LIFE, but consider myself a pretty good judge of driving  ability. Breeding is way above my pay grade. Something else I know little about. I was a claimer/overnight racehorse guy. I had a reputation on the backstretch for being very serious and passionate about the business. I loved the action of the paddock and if I wasn;t racing one, I did tons of catch paddocks just to be in the "action" and it allowed me to rub elbows and talk with lots of great people from all over and learn a great deal. The only thing i know for sure, is that I don't know that much. There is so much to learn and still be learned.

German proverb - We are too soon old and too late smart.
Remember back then Mario Nadari the blacksmith from Italy he had a shop at the Meadowlands. He shod the horse Guts for Barry Abrams RIP. Then there was Skip Nesbitt he had his own private airplane another blacksmith at the Meadowlands.

stanetelman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2023, 10:14:19 PM »
This sarcasm coming from the bustout of the Meadowlands for many years. No advancement, no forward path, just the type that Gural loves to "employ". How's that retirement plan coming along? NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL

Minimum wage for 2 nights a week, that's Gary DiLeo!
 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2023, 10:15:31 PM »
Minimum wage for 2 nights a week, that's Gary DiLeo!
 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Sad when third and 4th their people could fly private. Sign of bad times
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2023, 10:38:48 PM »
Remember back then Mario Nadari the blacksmith from Italy he had a shop at the Meadowlands. He shod the horse Guts for Barry Abrams RIP. Then there was Skip Nesbitt he had his own private airplane another blacksmith at the Meadowlands.
I , of course, remember Guts, but not the Blacksmith. I do recall Skip Nesbitt. Do you remember a young farrier named Gary Tinger? He was sort of a sad character.

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2023, 11:36:25 PM »
I , of course, remember Guts, but not the Blacksmith. I do recall Skip Nesbitt. Do you remember a young farrier named Gary Tinger? He was sort of a sad character.
No I don’t remember Gary. Remember the guy that used to sell tack with a station wagon at Yonkers. Then you would pass him going up the Thruway in the fucking station wagon the  bumper would be dragging on the ground. He had a tack shop at Monticello. I think his first name was John real character. Nice guy and loud..

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2023, 11:59:43 PM »
No I don’t remember Gary. Remember the guy that used to sell tack with a station wagon at Yonkers. Then you would pass him going up the Thruway in the fucking station wagon the  bumper would be dragging on the ground. He had a tack shop at Monticello. I think his first name was John real character. Nice guy and loud..
John Gerabino

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2023, 12:05:59 AM »
That's right   TY
Don’t forget about Smashing Don and Rusty Knight too
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2023, 12:10:02 AM »
Jerry Graham belonged in jail for life after what he did to all those horses.
What did he do? I worked for billy shutter back then and don’t remember him doing anything other then using juice. Willis was right with him too using the subblamaze.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

pugdog1

• Top Claimer
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2023, 12:11:25 AM »
Smashing Don game horse. Also Brett’s Majesty and the infamous Goose Filter

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    May 24, 2024, 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    May 24, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal