Author Topic: STABLED AT A FARM OR STABLED AT A RACE TRACK?  (Read 3297 times)

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
STABLED AT A FARM OR STABLED AT A RACE TRACK?
« on: April 16, 2023, 05:13:27 PM »
I THINK THE DAYS ARE ALMOST OVER FOR STABLING AT TRACKS,,\
MORE AND MORE TRACKS BECOMING SHIP IN ONLY  tmbz1

I THINK FARM  HAS  TO BETTER FOR  TURN OUTS

BIGGER STALLS .

LITTLE  BIT CALMER SCENARIO

ITS ALL ABOUT WELFARE FOR HORSES tmbz1
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 05:15:11 PM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
Re: STABLED AT A FARM OR STABLED AT A RACE TRACK?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 05:23:00 PM »
I THINK THE DAYS ARE ALMOST OVER FOR STABLING AT TRACKS,,\
MORE AND MORE TRACKS BECOMING SHIP IN ONLY  tmbz1

I THINK FARM  HAS  TO BETTER FOR  TURN OUTS

BIGGER STALLS .

LITTLE  BIT CALMER SCENARIO

ITS ALL ABOUT WELFARE FOR HORSES tmbz1

Beautiful topic, and agree with you of a sprawling farm  tmbz1.  If there was a Horse Whisperer emoji (I searched lol) you'd be prized with.  But there ain't.   ;D 
It's Official!

giddup

• NW-1
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 05:25:39 PM »
Keep the track stables open...cost of trucks, trailers, gas, tolls, labor will kill you...rent a stall or two at a turnout center for paddock time, etc. costs will drive owners away...K.I.S.S.

HoppleBurns

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 06:33:35 PM »
I vote farm for many of the listed above reasons.....

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 06:45:18 PM »
Winter the track ! Shipping in a cold climate can lead to missed days on the track along with accidents.  Summers on a farm away from hot barns with little ventilation!

MikeAnt

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2023, 07:46:54 PM »
Winter the track ! Shipping in a cold climate can lead to missed days on the track along with accidents.  Summers on a farm away from hot barns with little ventilation!
I agree with this statement. Excellent point. Only thing I’ve said all along is it’s com0letely unfair to single out Tyler George, or gareth Dowse or even Lou Pena when they have done nothing wrong but win and dominate their competition. Think whatever you want but when Hoosier does what they are doing to Tyler George, and Erv Miller blatantly gets a 15 day suspension for a medication violation and he doesn’t have to stable at track? You have to be kidding me, WHERE IS THE FAIRNESS IN THAT HOOSIER MANAGEMENT?

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2023, 08:37:05 PM »
Ant.. your true colors are showing..

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2023, 08:55:47 PM »
Ant.. your true colors are showing..

He hates erv

He can visit us at the traing  center in Indianapolis Fot lunch

The complaining getting old

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2023, 09:07:12 PM »
All running horse tracks have a barn area have every thing for the grooms if they can do it why not harness.

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2023, 09:21:17 PM »
farms are simply an excuse for trainers to gas the poor horses has nothing to do with whats best for horses. no security just rampant drug abuse

MikeAnt

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2023, 01:53:09 AM »
He hates erv

He can visit us at the traing  center in Indianapolis Fot lunch

The complaining getting old
The complaining is getting old TO YOU because it involves YOUR trainer! Like you said before, Tyler George is a good Christian and family man. Where is the fairness Luc? You know it’s not right for them to single out Tyler and turn s blind eye to Erv. Another thing I just heard yesterday in the paddock was don’t bet too much on Erv horses when Attlee driving. Erv wants Attlee to sit on rail and if win so be it. But the are on GO when trace is driving. So bet cautiously when Attlee is driving. Heads up to the players out there.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2023, 06:39:44 AM »
Off track is definitely nicer, but I'd imagine on track is much more convenient and saves a lot of money.  Depends on how your horses ship I guess.

Mbdreamer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2023, 05:10:30 PM »
Ask any horse and they’ll tell you they prefer the farm.  Too much stall time and they go sour.

Redacidsucks

• 4 claimer
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2023, 08:13:15 PM »
Ask any horse or groom or anyone working with horses and they will tell you FARM. Ask any owner if they are willing to pay the $500 a month just for a stall and buy a 100K rig to ship horses in and pay $1000s to get it legal and maintained and pay for help to travel to the farms and pay for vets to come out to do work and pay a blacksmith to set up to shoe and other added costs of being at a farm and every owner will moan and grown.Not to many trainers can front all the costs at a farm and hope and pray the owner pays his bill at the end of the month just to get what the trainer laid out to keep things running. One owner stiffs on the bill and you got a big problem. Costs are way less cheaper being stabled on the grounds and if your going to have the same win % a trainer has to be nuts to absorb all the added costs of being at a farm.

MikeAnt

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2023, 09:09:06 PM »
Ask any horse or groom or anyone working with horses and they will tell you FARM. Ask any owner if they are willing to pay the $500 a month just for a stall and buy a 100K rig to ship horses in and pay $1000s to get it legal and maintained and pay for help to travel to the farms and pay for vets to come out to do work and pay a blacksmith to set up to shoe and other added costs of being at a farm and every owner will moan and grown.Not to many trainers can front all the costs at a farm and hope and pray the owner pays his bill at the end of the month just to get what the trainer laid out to keep things running. One owner stiffs on the bill and you got a big problem. Costs are way less cheaper being stabled on the grounds and if your going to have the same win % a trainer has to be nuts to absorb all the added costs of being at a farm.
Well said! I remember the first few weeks of the meet seeing Tyler’s crew shipping back and forth so I know for a fact all of his horses were not on the grounds. Look, any way you slice they fucked Tyler George and singled him out. There are a lot of jealous trainers crying and whining about him winning too much. And as far as same win % when he’s stabled at the track, you just go ahead and keep believing that. I love to gamble and I bet against a lot of Tyler’s horses once I knew for sure that particular horse was stabled at the track and sure enough they wouldn’t win. Not sYing they didn’t finish in the money, but his win % was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down once each horse had to stay in barn 8.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal