Author Topic: Mohawk  (Read 2692 times)

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Mohawk
« on: June 22, 2023, 07:21:53 PM »
Odd drive by roy there in mohawk race 1. I bet the 2 to win so didnt impact my wagers; other than id have liked a helmet to follow. But obvious roy had trot in his colt (4/5). Why would he stay in there until deep stretch. Even mcdonald seemed to expect roy to pull going into turn. Do see a lot of these wonky races at mohawk, especially on week days.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Re: Mohawk
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 07:45:49 PM »
Lol and in the second 1/5 favorite jumps in stretch on lead. That jump gave me the exacta so nevermind my negative comments on  wonky mohawk racing, lol. Will be a nice p5 though for any informed seer that has it.

kiwijam

• 4 claimer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 03:44:11 AM »
Roy has a long history of exactly these types of drives with big favorites, and much like most tracks, Woodbine Mohawk could care less about the integrity of the game

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 05:24:30 AM »
Problem is, unless more info is given. . We don't know,what the reason is.

racing123

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 07:16:06 AM »
per the stewards report

Race 1 – Spoke to LP Roy regarding his drive on #4 Craft Made, the 4-5 favourite. Mr. Roy
stated he intended to pull first-over going to the 3/4s, but as he began to move out the
horse put in a few rough steps, so he elected to move back to the rail and put the horse on
a helmet in hopes to keep him trotting. Since the horse has come back as a 3YO, Mr. Roy
has been training him in the morning at Mohawk and he has been constantly making
breaks on him and having issues around the far turn. He felt at that point if he moved out
and asked him the horse would have made a break in stride. The video supports Mr. Roy’s
explanation, as the apex video shows Roy begins moving off the rail and the horse gets
rough on him, which is when moves back to the rail. The horse closed between rivals to
finish 3rd

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 01:44:10 PM »
ok
first off i give the usually sleepy judges credit for at least asking the question
the response seems plausible and really should be published in the program the next time the horse races
i however do not have a good enough eye to determine if he was steppy or not when pulled out at 3/4
however i would ask the following question.... so the horse is not sure gaited , but yet when blocked in the stretched and grabbed up and stickhandling his way through horses he never misses a step and powers through the wire ...hmmm

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2023, 08:02:31 PM »
Lol. Horse in question last week ran second this week. Funny thing shows no breaks on his program lines. Closed like a freight train this week again. Inmho wasnt put in race again until race was effectively over. Doesnt appear to me connections want horse to win right now. When they let him go though, he will destroy a field like he just faced.

Friends of mine think horse wasnt in danger of breaking last week at all. They think roy just started to pull horse because that would have been the normal driver move when wanting to win race but that roy realized his horse would win if he came out and that was not what was intended. I dont know, but watch out when he gets unleashed.

And i didnt use horse in p5. Great value to leave these even $ horses off ticket when the connections intentions are unclear. Smart $ on the 5 which took late $ to sink to 5/2. No dummies up in canada.

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2023, 08:46:46 PM »
I am not sure what they are waiting for, not wanting to win a NW1. They gave $610K for the horse as a yearling.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2023, 09:00:08 PM »
Maybe just schooling the horse. Has a great kick. This barn always points  to big races - i would not be surprised to see that and cant say i blame them.

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2023, 10:33:04 PM »
Mcclure out does Roy in non efforts with favorites

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2023, 10:32:20 AM »
Lol. Woke up. Got my coffee ×2 and spent 1 1/2 hrs handicuffing the track they foolishly call Woodbine. Well, looks like  Mohawk canceled. Cant say i blame them. Pretty smoggy down here in capital of the new yawk state. Hope you can run tomorrow for the hirsepeople. In their honor today, the duke is unofficially calling the state and history laden capitol of albany "Woodbine at Albany".

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2023, 10:55:17 AM »
Yikes. This means im playing big m tonight. Have to go online and get myself a program. Cant be that bad right? Not like i can expect half the races carded be the amateur bumper car shows. What you dont realize is these guys that run the greatest h arness track the world has ever kniwn care deeply about betting public and are willing to forgo a few $ to put the best races on tap for us. Im warning though, if i see more than two clown car races on tap tonight im contacting big m to exert my considerable influence.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2023, 11:20:34 AM »
Well, there are 5 amateur races, all but the Tomkins Geer stake they all have 10 horses. 
I can’t bet the 9 and 10 horse races with trailers at the fiasco in Yonkers. May just try a few at Vernon but mute it.     

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2023, 11:57:38 AM »
I looked at the big m card. Im going to play and ill try to limit my amateur event exposure by singling amt drivers that are pretty capable. That will allow me to spread in my horizontals. Klienhans is fairly aggressive which i like in amt races. He has the 3 in the fifth tonight at 9-2. Horse has as much speed as any of these and is inside the other "speeds" (if lol any are speeds). I think pete has a shot. And in the last race, oldford comes in to drive - the 5 at 5-1. It looks like of the three drives steve is listed upon on the card this is the drive that wasnt a catch drive. If true, alexander may have right level and driver. So there are my plays; not going deep but still taking a shot. Ill pribably watch but not bet yonkers actually

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2023, 12:15:39 PM »
Horse in 5th is 2 nathan feelsgood. Not the 3. Sorry

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal