Author Topic: ? Clint Hodgins?  (Read 3347 times)

Parked

• Elite
Re: ? Clint Hodgins?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2023, 10:40:06 PM »
What does that have to do with a comment about fields in Kentucky.
Some of his owners bought Ky breds. He built that track to “use and stretch their muscles”.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2023, 10:45:52 PM »
Doesn’t matter sick gambler with a bad attitude. Nobody liked the ahole
I dont think you knew him very well. He always drew a crowd which he was not entirely fond of. 

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2023, 11:02:10 PM »
I dont think you knew him very well. He always drew a crowd which he was not entirely fond of.
He drew a crowd of people laughing at his bs because he wanted attention and was an ahole. Everyone laughed st him. Whack job
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2023, 09:39:37 AM »
Clint was very old school, everybody has their own thoughts on how to train, drive, select horses. His ideas were from a different era, 4 or 5 trips just to get them tired. He was a nice guy and a good horseman. I would like to have some of the new generation of super trainers to break, train and race some of the foul bred things we had back in the day. Even the great bred horses were far different than todays.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2023, 09:43:44 AM »
Clint was very old school, everybody has their own thoughts on how to train, drive, select horses. His ideas were from a different era, 4 or 5 trips just to get them tired. He was a nice guy and a good horseman. I would like to have some of the new generation of super trainers to break, train and race some of the foul bred things we had back in the day. Even the great bred horses were far different than todays.
Very true. Foul Gaited things that needed heavy leather hopples just to pace. Today they say babies walk on the pace as soon as they get up. Heavy, awkward felt knee boots, gaiting straps, all kinds of weird overchecks and on and on.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2023, 01:32:08 PM »
Back then you had to be a mechanic with a touch of invention mixed in.  Some of todays trainers would have problems keeping a job as a groom.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2023, 02:12:52 PM »
Back then you had to be a mechanic with a touch of invention mixed in.  Some of todays trainers would have problems keeping a job as a groom.
I used to say that often.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2023, 03:08:10 PM »
If you were a groom ya looked after two, if ya had a good one, ya had one. Grand Circuit was grand, it was like a moving carnival, grooms slept in front of their horses, kept barns as neat as possible. You jogged your own horses. Awnings up, halters spit shined. Jog carts, trunks, and bikes shined, from all the pledge. Didn't matter where you raced. NYSS was like that, most places ya stayed for a week and either went back to your base or just on to the next race track.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2023, 03:24:24 PM »
If you were a groom ya looked after two, if ya had a good one, ya had one. Grand Circuit was grand, it was like a moving carnival, grooms slept in front of their horses, kept barns as neat as possible. You jogged your own horses. Awnings up, halters spit shined. Jog carts, trunks, and bikes shined, from all the pledge. Didn't matter where you raced. NYSS was like that, most places ya stayed for a week and either went back to your base or just on to the next race track.
You just described the first 6 years of my life starting at 19  Dont forget a clean hand towel laid flat on the trunk lid after you pledge shined it

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2023, 03:56:45 PM »
Easy to describe, I also lived it, started at 16, 2nd trainer at 19. Went wherever I was sent, and it could be anywhere from coast to coast. Lots of barn barbecues. Started my own outfit, nice to fly in and out.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2023, 04:34:03 PM »
Easy to describe, I also lived it, started at 16, 2nd trainer at 19. Went wherever I was sent, and it could be anywhere from coast to coast. Lots of barn barbecues. Started my own outfit, nice to fly in and out.
Nice!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal