Author Topic: Pete Wrenn 10000 wins!!!!  (Read 3537 times)

spaheaven

• Stakes Horse
Pete Wrenn 10000 wins!!!!
« on: June 19, 2018, 10:40:02 PM »
No total on number of stiff jobs though, usta should keep track of that too :)

Perry Boy

• NW-1
Re: Pete Wrenn 10000 wins!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 05:06:23 AM »
Without a doubt, a consummate  professional, one of the greatest of all time from a family of greats.  Congrats and many more.

eyeinthesky

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 05:58:48 AM »
Without a doubt, a consummate  professional, one of the greatest of all time from a family of greats.  Congrats and many more.

What flavor Koolaid are you drinking  ?
He and many others should have been tossed out of racing for life , many years ago

He probably holds the record for the number of States/ tracks  he has been tossed out of , or received serious penalties for his involvement in bad races..........I'm sure Michigan posters on plop could add to this post

Here are mine.....the garden State "quinella" race and others that helped shut down that track, Meadowlands  (think wire...and wife cashing big ticket with him in 3rd spot)  Pompano ,Hoosier ,Lack of effort), bad races at Windsor  aka Wallis and pals.........why is he not in Florida Hall of fame..........too many bad races

And "family"..?????    wasn't a Wrenn tossed. out of Michigan tracks in the 80's........thats why..and the list goes on
Only  Ron Jr has come up clean so far. Hope he stays that way

Brett Oil Can Boyd

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 06:33:56 AM »
CONGRATS PETE, YOU ARE FROM A FIRST FAMILY OF MICHIGAN RACING ALONG WITH THE MERRIMANS HAVE DONE THE STATE PROUD.  YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT BAD FAMILIES, DONT LOOK AT THE WRENNS, LOOK AT THE McILLMURRAYS.  IF THE GAMBLERS CRY, YOU MUST BE DOING YOUR JOB CORRECTLY, DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR YOUR OWN BANK ACCOUNT IS WHAT THIS SPORT IS ALL ABOUT.
  MICHIGAN LOVES THEIR HARNESS RACING, NO MATTER WHAT STATE THEY HAVE TO RACE IN TO MAKE A LIVING

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 04:02:14 PM »
I remember hundreds of times watching the Late Al Mugsy at Hazel Park,he always sat in the clubhouse,when he got up and headed to the grandstand i knew he had Pete "out" of the ticket.Al would have 3 security guards blocking the window as he bet,Pete NEVER missed ,never ran over the money,he was 100% of the time off the ticket.It did not matter what stable Pete was driving for,could be Gordon Norris,or anyone else,with 1 phone call Al could keep him out of the race.Pete is truly a disgusting sub human crook

cornishcommish

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 06:28:03 PM »
……...Pete is truly a disgusting sub human crook

Peter and Mario B. now of Woodbine racing, raced in Michigan in the 80's and he and Wrenn were "a team"

In the early 90's they planned to repeat their games at Pompano...….but they would not let Mario in.

So , he sat in the clubhouse, and bet. When Peter was in a race, Mario paid big time attention in the parade, to receive Peters signal.    When he left immediately after the parade..Wrenn was alive in the race.   When he didn't leave to bet, he stayed and watched Wrenn score down , and he noted who Wrenn chatted with pre race. Then Mario did his betting.   I was only down there 2 weeks , visiting my brother, whose landlord was the Mutuel clerk Mario usually bet with.  I was young then , and a small time bettor....but We did OK !

You are correct.…..he is a POS, and has been getting away with it far too long..due to weak Racing commissions who are afraid to rock the boat, give racing a bad name, get    criticized  and maybe lose their job and pension. They give him a brief vacation, or ask him to leave, and the next track welcomes  him in.

If (Fred) Monteleone was still alive, he would definitely endorse your comments. Peter got him three times at the Meadowlands.  He filled his pockets twice, on a double cross, the put a dent in Freds pockets the 3rd time, stiffing, and laughing about it

sledge hammer

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 07:33:10 PM »
Sad thing is that I believe all of these wild gambling stories.
I look at the old time races from Yonkers and Roosevelt on Youtube with 20,000 people and 5 million handles and I can only imagine how much money the drivers siphoned out of there.

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 03:16:21 AM »
didnt know baillageon was michigan w wrenn...what an act they had.

Someone a few months back was letting me in on classice greenwiod raceway toronto antics...william wellwood tne great. No stranger to warm up signals or post parade antics.....lovely ..

tctrotter

• NW-1
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »
Well done Pete, always been a fan.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal