Author Topic: Trainer stold my money from me how do I go about getting my money back!  (Read 9769 times)

Joeb1612

• NW-1
 Got into the Harness Business a little over 2.5 years ago My Main trainer is a  total great guy and made money, totally looks out for me as I was new to the game , got another trainer did pretty good with him for about a year gave him 30 k to purchase 2 horses for 15k apiece bought 1 and was claimed and I guess basically putting it mildly stold my other 15k  what is the best way to get my money back, I have proof with the cashiers ck I wrote to purchase 2 horses and many texts that said he would pay me back.
 So question is how do I go about getting my money back? It happened in Ohio so does anybody know any Attorney that could help me or can I talk to the judges at the race track that he is racing at and maybe they would garnish his wages.
 Any info would be helpful! I really don't want to tarnish the guys name but if he doesn't pay me soon will come out with his name as he really screwed me over and I sure as hell don't want this to happen to anybody new in the game.
 You guys warned me on this site b4 I got into the Business and now I know why, I'm sure there's alot of good guys and trainers out there that don't screw you over as I said my 1st and Original I trust more than my own family but this other guy that stold my money put a bad taste in my mouth!
 Any info would be helpful thanks Horse Plop!

AGUA CALIENTE

• Elite
  • Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
Re: Trainer stold my money from me how do I go about getting my money back!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 07:21:20 AM »
Go get an attorney and go to court. First call racing office also. I went thru same thing but they only got me for $4,000. I was lucky but the thieves are all out of business. That was in 2012 and still getting promised the $$$$. Lesson learned the hard way but what goes around comes around. You could try getting Guido to bend a leg or 2 or ASK Lucpark, "He's got all the answers ". The thieves aren't worth chasing because they don't have jobs.

AGUA CALIENTE

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 07:22:39 AM »
Name the Bastard.

AGUA CALIENTE

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 07:25:14 AM »
Stay out off Illinois, there are about 10 thieves located here. Some moved to Las Vegas , Ohio, Florida. Hope it isn't one of the thieves that were in Illinois.  ngc3 ngc3 tmbz1 tmbz1

AGUA CALIENTE

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 07:53:08 AM »
Doesn't surprise me at all , especially in Illinois

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 08:31:51 AM »
Got into the Harness Business a little over 2.5 years ago My Main trainer is a  total great guy and made money, totally looks out for me as I was new to the game , got another trainer did pretty good with him for about a year gave him 30 k to purchase 2 horses for 15k apiece bought 1 and was claimed and I guess basically putting it mildly stold my other 15k  what is the best way to get my money back, I have proof with the cashiers ck I wrote to purchase 2 horses and many texts that said he would pay me back.
 So question is how do I go about getting my money back? It happened in Ohio so does anybody know any Attorney that could help me or can I talk to the judges at the race track that he is racing at and maybe they would garnish his wages.
 Any info would be helpful! I really don't want to tarnish the guys name but if he doesn't pay me soon will come out with his name as he really screwed me over and I sure as hell don't want this to happen to anybody new in the game.
 You guys warned me on this site b4 I got into the Business and now I know why, I'm sure there's alot of good guys and trainers out there that don't screw you over as I said my 1st and Original I trust more than my own family but this other guy that stold my money put a bad taste in my mouth!

Welcome to the wonderful world of reality.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

JL52

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 08:46:43 AM »
Not to be a total jerk, but gotta ask why an owner with less than three years in the biz, and who is happy with first trainer, goes out and gets a second one. In almost 30 years of owning, I had 3 trainers, but never two at the same time.
Having said this, I hope you get your money back.

dukeman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 08:46:59 AM »
"My Main trainer is a  total great guy and made money..."
THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU STICK WITH HIM?
“If wishes were horses, beggars would ride”

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 08:48:01 AM »
Every single owner on this worthless blog has been screwed by a trainer.

The loud mouth, 15%-make-believe-look-at-me-I'm-on-Nick's-calling-circle ones have been screwed 10x the norm.

Except Taylor.  But he will contract ass cancer soon. 

okdfool

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2020, 09:09:39 AM »

You have to het a lawyer and take him to court for that amount if it's 5000 you coukd have done it yourself in small claims, so yoyr saying he never bought the secind horse?

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 09:56:50 AM »
CHARLIE TUNA IF HE SWITCHED TRAINERS

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 10:07:24 AM »
FAKE STORY. Fake news

PS

AND IF YOUR NOT PREPARED TO LOSE 💰 moneies
STAY OUT OF HARNESS RACING
PS
AQUA

STOP USING MY NAME OR FAMILY
WE DONT DO THAT..

ANY LONGER

AND YOU AINT GETTING BACK THE 4000
GRAND. BACK
SHES IN VEGAS AND YOUR EX DRIVER IS BROKE .
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Village Idiot

• 4 claimer
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2020, 10:15:07 AM »
If you had a trainer that you liked and was treating you well why on earth would you get a second one. Be loyal to the one treating you right and you wouldn't be in this situation.

okdfool

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2020, 10:20:20 AM »
I have a feeling that trainer didn't have time for him, and did they buy a second horse or not? Did you owe the trainer bills? More details needed...

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 10:30:15 AM »
Sorry to hear your man stold your money. If you have the financial records to prove your case, I would would ask to see a presiding Judge at the track you raced. The Judge should ask the trainer to come in for a sit down and go over the situation. If he sides with you he can kick it up to the Racing Commission where they may issue an order of payment. If the accused does not comply. the Commission can suspend the license of the trainer.
 But before you do any of this, please sit down and write 50 times; he stole my money, he stole my money...

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal